Splicer
77 posts

Re: Why Emmett?

Nov 16, 2012

TomatoDragon wrote:

RedWaltz79 wrote:

Reasons to have him:

1.  Sony Santa Monica owns the character so it isn't  hard to get the rights to the IP, unlike other products (even other Sony IP's are hard to get, since you still have to go through their holder)

2.  It's cheaper to get Graves, a first party character from inhouse, than a 3rd party character, which allows them to give him away for free instead of charging for DLC.  They aren't going to give away Snake.

Reasons not to have him:

1.  Starhawk sold less than 200k games worldwide, which was the reason Lightbox, the studio that developed the game, didn't have its contract renewed with Sony and had to lay off a majority of its workers and now is going to try to focus on IOS games.

2.  To quote IGN's review of Starhawk and Graves, "...these characters suck..."  Basically every critic who reviewed this game said the characters were lame and 2 dimensional.

3.  The character design is bland and generic.  He looks like basically any other soldier we have seen a thousand times the last decade.  Doesn't look cool and has no charm at all.

4.  He is not an all-star.  His game was a flop, he was widely criticized as a character, most people don't know him and he caused the studio that created him to basically shutter its doors.

I'm not saying he won't be fun to play gameplay wise, but he is a absolutely horrible choice from a character standpoint.

Just thought you should know, ign also gave the game a 9.

Read the review, or watch the video review, they gave it a 9 for its multiplayer and their one complaint were the weak characters in the game... that is, to quote them again, "...these characters suck...," when referring to Graves.

As I said, the game could be fun if it is your thing, but, either/or, Graves is a weak and lame character.

Message 31 of 46 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 16, 2012

RedWaltz79 wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

RedWaltz79 wrote:

Reasons to have him:

1.  Sony Santa Monica owns the character so it isn't  hard to get the rights to the IP, unlike other products (even other Sony IP's are hard to get, since you still have to go through their holder)

2.  It's cheaper to get Graves, a first party character from inhouse, than a 3rd party character, which allows them to give him away for free instead of charging for DLC.  They aren't going to give away Snake.

Reasons not to have him:

1.  Starhawk sold less than 200k games worldwide, which was the reason Lightbox, the studio that developed the game, didn't have its contract renewed with Sony and had to lay off a majority of its workers and now is going to try to focus on IOS games.

2.  To quote IGN's review of Starhawk and Graves, "...these characters suck..."  Basically every critic who reviewed this game said the characters were lame and 2 dimensional.

3.  The character design is bland and generic.  He looks like basically any other soldier we have seen a thousand times the last decade.  Doesn't look cool and has no charm at all.

4.  He is not an all-star.  His game was a flop, he was widely criticized as a character, most people don't know him and he caused the studio that created him to basically shutter its doors.

I'm not saying he won't be fun to play gameplay wise, but he is a absolutely horrible choice from a character standpoint.

Read the review, or watch the video review, they gave it a 9 for its multiplayer and their one complaint were the weak characters in the game... that is, to quote them again, "...these characters suck...," when referring to Graves.

As I said, the game could be fun if it is your thing, but, either/or, Graves is a weak and lame character.

dude, people are excited to have him here and play as him mostly because:

1. he reps for starhawk, and warhawk by proxy,

2. of his unique play style which would incorporate the build & battle system...

Play For Fun!
Message 32 of 46 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Exactly Tenk

Sony do that to all their games that's not GOW, Uncharted and LBP. Starhawk probably would've sold a million or more if it was a multiplatform game or MS/Nintendo game. Sometimes half of sony first party games should just go multiplat since they don't deserved them.

Message 33 of 46 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5750 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Proyoteck wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

RedWaltz79 wrote:

Reasons to have him:

Reasons not to have him:

Yeah, it did get a 9. Funny how he didn't mention that. I guess he could be somewhat questionable but he obviously would have a unique moveset and being coupled with kat (who is awesome) is just great. And of course again it is FREE. I don't really undersand why any and every bit of news pertaining to this game is enveloped in negativity. I honestly feel bad for superbot at this point. People treat them like they are nonthing.

I wouldn't worry too much, man. I'm sure Superbot knew they were going to be dealing with their fair share of trolls. You just haveto expect that in this digital age we live in and not let it get to you.

Message 34 of 46 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I'll get him because he's black because I'm black too. I never played StarHawk cause I don't remember it being commercialized, besides he can make up for James Heller.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 35 of 46 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Why can't people just appreciate what they are getting on this forum.. They say: ''The roster is to small and therefore it's a bad game..'' Then they get FREE characters as dlc form POPULAR playstation ip's nd they are still whining... -.-'' I think all the whiners can dream on with Crash, Wander or what ever the duck they want so bad.. They aren't in the game and they won't be.. Just get over it...

You probably haven't played Starhawk.. And there are fans that want him to, so the people on this forum are being selfish.. 

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 36 of 46 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I too wanna see James Heller over Alex Mercer because of his Tendril and also a better fighter.

Message 37 of 46 (94 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Nov 16, 2012

PLEASE LEAVE THIS FORUM OP

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 46 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

I'm quoting this from RedWaltz someone with the blue squirl avatar: ''4.  He is not an all-star.  His game was a flop, he was widely criticized as a character, most people don't know him and he caused the studio that created him to basically shutter its doors.''

So your basicly saying that Nariko shouldn't be in either Smiley Wink Just get over it. 

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 39 of 46 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Nov 16, 2012

While there are more deserving characters, yes, Emmett will have been a piece of cake to get the rights for since Santa Monica owns him and they're assisting in making the game. In fact i'd wager that he was probably intended to be in the initial roster but due to time constraints they had to push him back. The fact he's free should make any complaint null and void. If we had to pay for him i could maybe understand but he's free, and he was easy to implement, so whats the problem? More DLC will come, hopefully the highly requested characters, but we'll have to pay, so enjoy the free DLC while you can, no matter who it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 40 of 46 (80 Views)
0 Likes