Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: Why Emmett?

Nov 16, 2012

Yeah they made it sound like there would be more dlc.  Also I never judge characters from who they are in fact I dont really know much about the playstation universe at all.  As long as they play well I am inboard with it.  And I'm not even kidding about the black thing.  This game looks like its from Canada it's so white. Diversity is good. I mean this game has a sack for god sake you'd think they should put in a black guy somewhere XD

You can't copyright a genre!
--GitarreBoy88
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Nov 16, 2012
One Reason:
Starhawk is owned by Sony Santa Monica
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (242 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Why (insert character you like that is/will be in the game)? Because Character DLC will be coming in general for now and thats the important thing. Unless no one wants character DLC in the first place...but hey,

So yea, just keep requesting who you want if its something that hasnt been said over and over again (like Crash Bandicoot). Happy gaming and I hope you get character you are looking for :smileyhappy:
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Nov 16, 2012

He was on my wanted list along with Kat so I'm very happy that both of them made it in.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Um i kinda take offense to the black part since im black as well

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (211 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I'm really excited to play as emmett, but it bothers me that people complain when there is a character they don't like

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Reasons to have him:

1.  Sony Santa Monica owns the character so it isn't  hard to get the rights to the IP, unlike other products (even other Sony IP's are hard to get, since you still have to go through their holder)

2.  It's cheaper to get Graves, a first party character from inhouse, than a 3rd party character, which allows them to give him away for free instead of charging for DLC.  They aren't going to give away Snake.

Reasons not to have him:

1.  Starhawk sold less than 200k games worldwide, which was the reason Lightbox, the studio that developed the game, didn't have its contract renewed with Sony and had to lay off a majority of its workers and now is going to try to focus on IOS games.

2.  To quote IGN's review of Starhawk and Graves, "...these characters suck..."  Basically every critic who reviewed this game said the characters were lame and 2 dimensional.

3.  The character design is bland and generic.  He looks like basically any other soldier we have seen a thousand times the last decade.  Doesn't look cool and has no charm at all.

4.  He is not an all-star.  His game was a flop, he was widely criticized as a character, most people don't know him and he caused the studio that created him to basically shutter its doors.

I'm not saying he won't be fun to play gameplay wise, but he is a absolutely horrible choice from a character standpoint.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (188 Views)
Fender Bender
2884 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Santa Monica helped with the game, and Sony owns the ip.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 16, 2012

RedWaltz79 wrote:

Reasons to have him:

1.  Sony Santa Monica owns the character so it isn't  hard to get the rights to the IP, unlike other products (even other Sony IP's are hard to get, since you still have to go through their holder)

2.  It's cheaper to get Graves, a first party character from inhouse, than a 3rd party character, which allows them to give him away for free instead of charging for DLC.  They aren't going to give away Snake.

Reasons not to have him:

1.  Starhawk sold less than 200k games worldwide, which was the reason Lightbox, the studio that developed the game, didn't have its contract renewed with Sony and had to lay off a majority of its workers and now is going to try to focus on IOS games.

2.  To quote IGN's review of Starhawk and Graves, "...these characters suck..."  Basically every critic who reviewed this game said the characters were lame and 2 dimensional.

3.  The character design is bland and generic.  He looks like basically any other soldier we have seen a thousand times the last decade.  Doesn't look cool and has no charm at all.

4.  He is not an all-star.  His game was a flop, he was widely criticized as a character, most people don't know him and he caused the studio that created him to basically shutter its doors.

I'm not saying he won't be fun to play gameplay wise, but he is a absolutely horrible choice from a character standpoint.

Though I do agree with some of your points, Although it flopped Starhawk was a really fun game and felt really tight. Also Emmet is not only a rep for Starhawk but also for Warhawk (even though he isn't actually in those ones) which is a really famous and well liked series

ALSO HE IS FREE!

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Heisenberg_35_56 wrote

Though I do agree with some of your points, Although it flopped Starhawk was a really fun game and felt really tight. Also Emmet is not only a rep for Starhawk but also for Warhawk (even though he isn't actually in those ones) which is a really famous and well liked series

ALSO HE IS FREE!

Well, no, he isn't free.  He costs money and time to develop.  After the first two weeks, he will cost money.  He is free for a limited time.  And, as I said, that is one of the reasons he was chosen, because he is a cheap IP to use.  This all doesn't change the fact that time that could be used to develop other more liked and popular characters is instead being used on him.

Starhawk may be fun, but that doesn't change the fact that the character is lame.  The multiplayer is where Starhawk shined, not the singleplayer.

I don't associate Graves with Warhawk at all, no matter how much you try to fit him in there.  He wasn't in the game and he was only in the "spiritual" successor to it, not even a sequel.

Whether I like the character or not, it doesn't matter, as long as he is fun to use.  I just think it is an odd choice.  If they are going to choose a character from a game that has a cult following, choose someone like Tomba, Dart or Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles, people have actually asked for those characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (159 Views)
0 Likes