I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: Why Do You Even Visit This Forum?

Feb 19, 2013

I would like to know how you can have people who do not troll. I'm sure its a lot better, but 9/10 times on this site if I try to inform someone of anything, they jump down my throat and say something that just is not true. I'm sure this site, similar to eventhubs, is way more hostile than your average forum due to the volume of people who come here, but is hostility absent or just at a minimum?

Just earlier today someone asked for confirms that 4 characters have, I listed them, then got told how all of jaks confirms weren't possible, yet you can even go to the k/c forum and watch them done on video... and I know this kid is on pasta forums so like does he just troll hard here because its this forum or do those named communities include people who actually know the game they are playing in and out like I do? I know these kids get under my skin so I just troll right back, but I just can't believe that they can be way better than anywhere else. 

Don't know if you are part of eventhubs, but this forum is so much less hostile than it is there, and this forum is pretty hostile.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 11 of 41 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I'm a part of one other forum, though I'm not nearly as active there as I am here.

I post here mostly because I started here. It feels most familiar and it's generally the most active. Though the activity is more often than not nonsense, it's still activity. Topics aren't filled with the same few people every time, so conversation/opinion potential is much greater. Though there are more misguided/uninformed people contributing, something is better than nothing.

This forum also, 9 times out of 10, gets the newest info first, and keeping the focus here is the best bet of staying as informed as possible. Also turning away from the games official forum could spell doom in the eyes of anyone who doesn't follow the game as much as we do.

There is a bunch of other smaller factors contributing, but those are the big ones. I've checked out the links you've shared before and the biggest turn off is the lack of activity or the feeling that it is just not organized.

Side note for pastastadiumleagues: Have you recently added a forum or have I really missed seeing one every time I visited? Every time I gave you lot a visit all I could find was the live chat.

Message 12 of 41 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Trolling is a way of life. You cant change it. But if you have a good laugh, all it does is just lighten the mood.

And this forum humors me with all this. But you dont see me tripping over it. Just read and move on and stop letting them get to your head.
Message 13 of 41 (161 Views)
Last Guardian
9919 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I come here for the info. I'm a member of an MK and Tekken forum also. There are some cool people here too. Then there's trolls, but every forum needs a forum idiot.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 14 of 41 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Added a new forum and a whole new site actually. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 41 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I'm a member of a bunch of forums outside of the Playstation Community. I'm just active here for the occational good thread (such as an update on the game, tips with a character, etc.). Though I will say, that the number of trolls on this forum is probably 10x higher than all the other forums I've been a member on. But then again, this one is the most active.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 16 of 41 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I go here since it has the best mobile site (I think) and that's the only way I browse the net

Message 17 of 41 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I only come here for information not really to be a part of the community even though sometimes I say things here or there.

This is actually one of the two forums I have ever been a part of, the last one I was there for a week. I'm not really a forum guy as I have said I only come for information.

Though now that the game came out and all I'm just here to see thoughts on patches and future dlc, it's as simple as that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 18 of 41 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Feb 19, 2013

i like this game. so i'm always here lurking and reading a lot of the threads.

Message 19 of 41 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Cuz I like this game n wanna here new news for it
Message 20 of 41 (136 Views)
0 Likes