Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

O-EXTRA wrote:
You're still saying he chose SSB over PSASBR for Snake in so many words. " I argued that Kojima could have put him in PSAS upon hearing about it two or three years ago, but he didn't," essentially this says he chose SSB over PSASBR for Snake. But I know what you're trying to say. You're trying to say that Snake ended up where he wasn't suppose to be....but you're mistaken and wrong on a few levels:
1. Snake was on the NES way before he was on the PS. Grant it was only 1 game, but it was the 1st and therefore more than qualifies him for the SSB roster.
2. An alternative such as PSASBR wasn't available at the time and SSB was hugely successful, so Kojima probably figured why not especially due to #1.

Also who says Snake wont make an appearance in DLC or sequels?

So not to be rude, but this example is just a bad one. If anything use Big Daddy as an example. If anything he should've been held back for a Xbox all stars type game (if they ever have one) but he's on here. Sure there are reasons why he's a part of the roster, but regardless he's still out of place. This is a better example for the point you're trying to make.

Since the PS1 Exclusive of the Original MGS is better than the NES game since MGS1 is the best in the series other then MGS4.  That argument kind of falls flat and I wouldn't use TTS as an argument because that game was a bad remake.

Message 31 of 70 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Also, for the people that mention MM: X.  Mega-Man X was popular on the SNES, not PlayStation.

Message 32 of 70 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Also, for the people that mention MM: X.  Mega-Man X was popular on the SNES, not PlayStation.


thats a lie, most of my fans are huge megaman fans and call mega-man x and playstation series, which is true, i dont know a SINGLE person that calls it a nintendo series, only the original mega-man. also MGS4 is actually voted the worst of the whole MGS series if you search for polls and other things. The majority hated it, just thought it looked nice for the graphics and cutscenes. MGS3 and 1 are the ones considered the best, 4 and 2 the worst, PW is even above 4. your opinion isnt everybodys opinion, no offense. 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 33 of 70 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Also, for the people that mention MM: X.  Mega-Man X was popular on the SNES, not PlayStation.


thats a lie, most of my fans are huge megaman fans and call mega-man x and playstation series, which is true, i dont know a SINGLE person that calls it a nintendo series, only the original mega-man. also MGS4 is actually voted the worst of the whole MGS series if you search for polls and other things. The majority hated it, just thought it looked nice for the graphics and cutscenes. 


A) I know plenty that recognize Mega-Man X as a SNES series because it was.

B) Mega-Man Legends was PS' Mega-Man and it was trash

C) I expected people to be voting with the nostalgia shades on and Old Snake carries no nostalgia at all.  Mainly because it was a badly drawn out gimmick.

 

Anyway, everything about MGS4 was great except for Old Snake which was a badly drawn out gimmick.  As soon as I unlocked the Solid Snake mask.  I used almost all the time unless I needed camo numbers.

Message 34 of 70 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Also, for the people that mention MM: X.  Mega-Man X was popular on the SNES, not PlayStation.


thats a lie, most of my fans are huge megaman fans and call mega-man x and playstation series, which is true, i dont know a SINGLE person that calls it a nintendo series, only the original mega-man. also MGS4 is actually voted the worst of the whole MGS series if you search for polls and other things. The majority hated it, just thought it looked nice for the graphics and cutscenes. 


A) I know plenty that recognize Mega-Man X as a SNES series because it was.

B) Mega-Man Legends was PS' Mega-Man and it was trash

C) I expected people to be voting with the nostalgia shades on and Old Snake carries no nostalgia at all.  Mainly because it was a badly drawn out gimmick.

 

Anyway, everything about MGS4 was great except for Old Snake which was a badly drawn out gimmick.  As soon as I unlocked the Solid Snake mask.  I used almost all the time unless I needed camo numbers.


so everythings great about MGS4 besides the character you play as?

Mega-man is a Nintendo series, most count Mega-man x as a playstation franchise. almost anywhere, when people ask for a new mega-man game it goes to nintendo, but if they bring up mega-man x they normally want it for playstation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_X they were all released on gamecube eventually but it is a playstation series. 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 35 of 70 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1807 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

nocternal most mmx gaqme were realeased on ps, its more of a ps series and i say this as a fan.

Message 36 of 70 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Mega-Man X is more commonly known on the SNES having the best games in the series which were the frist three.

Message 37 of 70 (54 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Mega-Man X is more commonly known on the SNES having the best games in the series which were the frist three.


many people beg to differ, and they were on playstation too. 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 38 of 70 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

I know, anyway.  Mega-Man X is the best game in the series and it's the most popular in the seires and exclusive to the SNES.

Message 39 of 70 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2434 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I know, anyway.  Mega-Man X is the best game in the series and it's the most popular in the seires and exclusive to the SNES.


Well, we do have Mega-Man Maveric Hunter X for PSP.

Message 40 of 70 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes