Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

It's very relevant of where Mega-Man started and was popular where he started.  Not to mention Lightning is more of a PS All-Star than Mega-Man ever will be.


It's also relevant where Capcom wants him to go, more so than ANY other factor.  I agree that he will probably end up in SSB4, but that comes down to what Capcom wants, and if Nintendo will agree to it.  I mean, Snake was popular on PlayStation, but where did he end up?  And why was that, exactly?

 

As for the last part of your comment, Mega Man will never be a "Smash Brother," nor will the LARGE majority of the SSB characters.  The title "PlayStation All-Stars" is wholly irrelevant to who is selected for the game.


The Snake argument fell kinda flat since the only reason he showed up in Smash was because it was the only thing at the time.  As for Mega-Man, I can guarantee that he will never appear in this game because he isn't a PS All-Star and even Capcom would favor Mega-Man to Smash over All-Stars.

Message 11 of 70 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

It's very relevant of where Mega-Man started and was popular where he started.  Not to mention Lightning is more of a PS All-Star than Mega-Man ever will be.


It's also relevant where Capcom wants him to go, more so than ANY other factor.  I agree that he will probably end up in SSB4, but that comes down to what Capcom wants, and if Nintendo will agree to it.  I mean, Snake was popular on PlayStation, but where did he end up?  And why was that, exactly?

 

As for the last part of your comment, Mega Man will never be a "Smash Brother," nor will the LARGE majority of the SSB characters.  The title "PlayStation All-Stars" is wholly irrelevant to who is selected for the game.


The Snake argument fell kinda flat since the only reason he showed up in Smash was because it was the only thing at the time.  As for Mega-Man, I can guarantee that he will never appear in this game because he isn't a PS All-Star and even Capcom would favor Mega-Man to Smash over All-Stars.


This game started development in 2009, and Kojima didn't decide to swap Snake over to this side of the fence, so we know where he would've ended up even if PSAS had existed at the time.  And again, it doesn't matter who is a "PS All-Star" because NOBODY abides by the series name.  Dante isn't one.  Big Daddy isn't one.  Nariko's game sales don't say she's one.  Lightning isn't one, as much as you will try to say she is.  No third party, multiplatform character is really one.  I can go through a 25+ character list of characters that are not Smash Brothers, and the ones that aren't Mario or Luigi that I put as "Smash Bros." are only really technicalities.  If the series name was a factor, this roster would be a lot smaller.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 12 of 70 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

It's very relevant of where Mega-Man started and was popular where he started.  Not to mention Lightning is more of a PS All-Star than Mega-Man ever will be.


It's also relevant where Capcom wants him to go, more so than ANY other factor.  I agree that he will probably end up in SSB4, but that comes down to what Capcom wants, and if Nintendo will agree to it.  I mean, Snake was popular on PlayStation, but where did he end up?  And why was that, exactly?

 

As for the last part of your comment, Mega Man will never be a "Smash Brother," nor will the LARGE majority of the SSB characters.  The title "PlayStation All-Stars" is wholly irrelevant to who is selected for the game.


The Snake argument fell kinda flat since the only reason he showed up in Smash was because it was the only thing at the time.  As for Mega-Man, I can guarantee that he will never appear in this game because he isn't a PS All-Star and even Capcom would favor Mega-Man to Smash over All-Stars.


This game started development in 2009, and Kojima didn't decide to swap Snake over to this side of the fence, so we know where he would've ended up even if PSAS had existed at the time.  And again, it doesn't matter who is a "PS All-Star" because NOBODY abides by the series name.  Dante isn't one.  Big Daddy isn't one.  Nariko's game sales don't say she's one.  Lightning isn't one, as much as you will try to say she is.  No third party, multiplatform character is really one.  I can go through a 25+ character list of characters that are not Smash Brothers, and the ones that aren't Mario or Luigi that I put as "Smash Bros." are only really technicalities.  If the series name was a factor, this roster would be a lot smaller.


Snake is most likely coming over through DLC or Kojima is waiting for the Sequel.  As for Lightning, I didn't say she is a PS All-Star I said she's more of an PS All-Star than Mega-Man.  Which is true because PS1 game MM: Legends and its sequel didn't even sale 2 million units combined.  While FF13 sold over 4 million units on the PS3 and skipping past 13-2 because that game outsold MM: Legends too on PS hardware.  Lightning was featured in Dissidia 012 only for the PSP thus is why she is more of a PS All-Star than Mega-Man.

Message 13 of 70 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/06/2013
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Megaman is dead.

 

People dont seem to realize that.

Message 14 of 70 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/29/2012
Offline
1268 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

:smileytongue:

Message 15 of 70 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/09/2012
Online
7301 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Shadowmark123 wrote:

:smileytongue:


Fan-made :smileyindifferent:

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii483/Toro_Inoue/Toro_Inoue001/BeFunky_SuperPipo_zps41db4094jpg_zpsacddeaca.jpg

Message 16 of 70 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/29/2012
Offline
1268 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

I know :smileytongue:

Message 17 of 70 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/16/2009
Offline
329 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013
SSBB came out in 2008 (1 year before this game began being developed), so I doubt that Kojima somehow chose to put Snake in Brawl over PSASBR before PSASBR ever existed on any level. So the use of this in your argument is pointless. Pick another example.

Of all FF characters you want Lightning as a rep? Personally if any character from FFXIII should be in the game it should be Fang. She has Bahumet and uses a staff (something that no other character in this game uses, so it'd be a nice difference than another sword user). However if we were to have another blade user I'd want Auron in the game bc he's a total badass and he's a samurai. But obviously the best commercial picks would be Cloud or Squal.

Oh and regardless of how many people want MM in this game....it has no chance in hell of happening. If he didn't make a reappearance in MVC3 or UMVC3 he's not making it here....that simple.
Message 18 of 70 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1802 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

Oizen6X wrote:

Megaman is dead.

 

People dont seem to realize that.


i know it sad, but on another not megaman x is more playstation than any other system, and one of the best megaman series, with battlenetwork

Message 19 of 70 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013

O-EXTRA wrote:
SSBB came out in 2008 (1 year before this game began being developed), so I doubt that Kojima somehow chose to put Snake in Brawl over PSASBR before PSASBR ever existed on any level. So the use of this in your argument is pointless. Pick another example.

I never argued that Kojima put Snake in Brawl over PSAS, because Kojima wanted Snake in this type of game since around 2001.  I argued that Kojima could have put him in PSAS upon hearing about it two or three years ago, but he didn't, so we know pretty clearly that when given the opportunity for a more fitting home for Snake (more fitting obviously because Snake evolved on PlayStation, not for any other reason, really), he didn't put him in.  By extension, Capcom does not HAVE to choose Smash Bros. over PSAS, even if it makes much more sense for Megaman to end up on Nintendo's brand.  This kind of choice doesn't have to make sense for the IP holder is the point I was getting at.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 20 of 70 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes