Last Guardian
9918 posts

Re: Why Do People Want Mega-Man?

Jan 7, 2013
Who even asked for Megaman? Smash can have him.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 21 of 70 (113 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jan 7, 2013
You're still saying he chose SSB over PSASBR for Snake in so many words. " I argued that Kojima could have put him in PSAS upon hearing about it two or three years ago, but he didn't," essentially this says he chose SSB over PSASBR for Snake. But I know what you're trying to say. You're trying to say that Snake ended up where he wasn't suppose to be....but you're mistaken and wrong on a few levels:
1. Snake was on the NES way before he was on the PS. Grant it was only 1 game, but it was the 1st and therefore more than qualifies him for the SSB roster.
2. An alternative such as PSASBR wasn't available at the time and SSB was hugely successful, so Kojima probably figured why not especially due to #1.

Also who says Snake wont make an appearance in DLC or sequels?

So not to be rude, but this example is just a bad one. If anything use Big Daddy as an example. If anything he should've been held back for a Xbox all stars type game (if they ever have one) but he's on here. Sure there are reasons why he's a part of the roster, but regardless he's still out of place. This is a better example for the point you're trying to make.
Message 22 of 70 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 7, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Who even asked for Megaman? Smash can have him.

exactly, megaman(and ryu) is oversatured on capcom games.

Message 23 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Why is it that every character has to have some major reason to appear in this game, it's getting ridiculous espeacially if I have to explain why a first-party character like Kat got in over someone like Rayman.

Message 24 of 70 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jan 7, 2013
If we get another capcom rep I really hope it isn't ryu.... I would much prefer Leon though still wish for MM
Message 25 of 70 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Megaman is more of a Nintendo character. Ryu deserves to be in more than Megaman anyway since he's had more games on the Playstation. (3D Street Fighters, Capcom Fighting Jam, Capcom X Namco crossover SRPG, etc.) Not saying that i'd want Ryu because he'd be bland.

Message 26 of 70 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 7, 2013

the majority of people want mega-man x...which is considered more of a playstation character than mega-man. 

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 27 of 70 (87 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Megaman X continued and made its home on playstation consoles. So we should get  any megaman from X3 to X6 or Legends.

Message 28 of 70 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jan 7, 2013
we get megaman 9 and 10 on ps+
Yipee
Message 29 of 70 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 7, 2013

O-EXTRA wrote:
You're still saying he chose SSB over PSASBR for Snake in so many words. " I argued that Kojima could have put him in PSAS upon hearing about it two or three years ago, but he didn't," essentially this says he chose SSB over PSASBR for Snake. But I know what you're trying to say. You're trying to say that Snake ended up where he wasn't suppose to be....but you're mistaken and wrong on a few levels:
1. Snake was on the NES way before he was on the PS. Grant it was only 1 game, but it was the 1st and therefore more than qualifies him for the SSB roster.
2. An alternative such as PSASBR wasn't available at the time and SSB was hugely successful, so Kojima probably figured why not especially due to #1.

Also who says Snake wont make an appearance in DLC or sequels?

So not to be rude, but this example is just a bad one. If anything use Big Daddy as an example. If anything he should've been held back for a Xbox all stars type game (if they ever have one) but he's on here. Sure there are reasons why he's a part of the roster, but regardless he's still out of place. This is a better example for the point you're trying to make.

Considering Kojima gave us another character from the franchise, Snake's pretty much slim for any DLC; he didn't find Snake worthy of PSAS even though Solid Snake is a PS character through and through (given, you're right about MG1), and from what we can gather preferred that Snake stay with Smash Bros., which is equivalent to putting one franchsie over the other regardless of which one makes more sense (which is exactly the point I'm making about Capcom).  Sequels, perhaps, but the point remains that he had the chance to jump ship to a more fitting side and he didn't.  If Snake stays in SSB4, we'll know for sure.  Also, your Big Daddy example is actually exactly the same as a Snake example; 2K/Take-Two went to SuperBot and asked for representation (also why we see more support from Bioshock in this game than any of the other third parties).  Whether you want to call it better or not is up to you, it still keeps pushing my point that the decision of where Megaman goes doesn't have to be logical in the slightest.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 30 of 70 (48 Views)
0 Likes