Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: Why Chimera MUST be in

Oct 16, 2012

Paramedic293 wrote:

I really want any resistance rep but it's looking increasingly unlikely. Chimera is one of the most highly demanded first party characters so i'm hoping superbot take notice and try and assemble one for DLC. It still bewilders me that insomniac gave them a stage, a mashup and two items, and no character. And i agree with you, he'd be very different from Radec, the weapons are much more diverse and he'd be more up in your face and close to mid range, as well as having traps and keep away items such as the cryogun and Mutator. 

I've always felt it goes without saying that all of the Resistance references (stages, items, etc.) were intended to honor the series as compensation for the lack of a character, at least at launch. In other words, I think they made the decision to include multiple 'shoutouts'  to the franchise INSTEAD of a character, and I feel it more than makes up for it. It's not that they didn't think of it; it's moreso a decision, in my opinion. I actually prefer this way of representing a series if it's the best way, as opposed to forcing a non-unique character into the roster (like the shield from Wipeout, for example). The way I see it, the Chimera are unique and cool enemies, but they're not one specific CHARACTER. They're just an overall species/race/whatever without individual names. If we're to play as 'All-Stars' (particularly villains, like Killzone) we should get a particular boss or actual character with a personality (like Radec) instead of just a nameless enemy you run into hundreds of times. Plus, I feel Resistance is more about the weapons, anyway i.e. the Hedgehog grenade. I'm talking in circles now...

Message 21 of 32 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 16, 2012

yea i understand that, Resistance doesn't have a memorable character. Nathan Hale was killed, most people don't know Joseph capelli and their is no sort of leader chimera in Resistance.

i still want chimera Superbot Smiley Mad

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=resistance+chimera&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=T0tdgyZN4gfXgM:&imgrefurl...

Message 22 of 32 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Bump
Message 23 of 32 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 26, 2012
id prefer hale but whatever
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 24 of 32 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I would take hale or chimera. Hale would be more interesting or infected hale but he dies which was a dumb choice on insomniacs part.

So I dunno if he would be represented
Message 25 of 32 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 26, 2012

i would be happy with any resistance rep i really dont care if its a chimera,hale or cappeli

Message 26 of 32 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I think if they weren't in the final roster, their not in for a reason from Insomniac's part, which I'd be curious as to see what, even though I respect their decision - it's their creation, they can do whatever they want, atleast we got a great stage out of it.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 32 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 26, 2012

the chimeras do have a lider its the pure chimera race  we only saw a skeleton so far, i was abi disapointed that we didnt fight any pure chimera xreature , they are the ones pulling the streams  but who cares nathan hale is dead  you should know radec was killed in killzone2 like nathan hale was in resistance 2 so having him with psychic powers would be cool since we lack any psychic on PASBR so far we need a ness/lucas with guns here xD

Message 28 of 32 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Mar 3, 2013

bump Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 32 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Mar 3, 2013

BDurk15 wrote:
I've always felt it goes without saying that all of the Resistance references (stages, items, etc.) were intended to honor the series as compensation for the lack of a character, at least at launch. In other words, I think they made the decision to include multiple 'shoutouts'  to the franchise INSTEAD of a character, and I feel it more than makes up for it. It's not that they didn't think of it; it's moreso a decision, in my opinion. I actually prefer this way of representing a series if it's the best way, as opposed to forcing a non-unique character into the roster (like the shield from Wipeout, for example). The way I see it, the Chimera are unique and cool enemies, but they're not one specific CHARACTER. They're just an overall species/race/whatever without individual names. If we're to play as 'All-Stars' (particularly villains, like Killzone) we should get a particular boss or actual character with a personality (like Radec) instead of just a nameless enemy you run into hundreds of times. Plus, I feel Resistance is more about the weapons, anyway i.e. the Hedgehog grenade. I'm talking in circles now...

I agree, but like the series a lot, so I solved that issue by making one of their few intelligent leaders playable by proxy of the Chimeran forces.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Daedalus-Chimera-Resistance-Move...

It means we get the face of the franchise while still representing how creepy the lot of them are (one Chimera couldn't do that).

I'd also love to see Hale be playable. I hope we get too Resistance reps in the sequel.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 30 of 32 (50 Views)
0 Likes