Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Why 20 characters is unreasonable

Sep 29, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

people want variety, i know i do, and 20 characters barely scrapes that in
if these were the best franchises they could get thier hands on, fair enough, we cant blame them if crash wasnt allowed in

however, im sure that peopel like myself would have therefore liked a few characters from the same series
Dr neferious from ratchet and clank, perhaps the 3 sages from Jak1 as a pokemon trainer "character"
Any of sly coopers buddies, or guys from metal gear
it could have really expanded the game i think

thoughts?

My thoughts: You're an idiot

If superbot steamrolls all the good characters now, there won't be any room to improve with sequels without scraping the bottom of the barrel. In All-Stars 2, there will probably be 2 reps per series, and 3 for All-Stars 3. That way, they can effectively still use "All-Stars" and also make improvements as time goes on

thats a bit rude buddy
i totally hear where youre coming from, and i agree! however im sure you can see that many franchises have many possible great characters, while ofcourse others do not
all i was suggesting is that they could have grabbed even 5 more total, 1 or perhaps 2 from the MOST popular franchises

excuse the smash bros reference, but if you took out the "mario" franchise, thats a huge chunk of the roster
people who like the mario games all have a wide selection to choose from
hopefully no hard feelings Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 66 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Sep 29, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:
I'm pretty sure all characters having their own unique feel to them as well as supers and other fighting mechanics are plenty in variety. I don't know why you think it isn't the case. Every character is represented in their own style.

yes i know that Smiley Tongue i mean just with the gazillions of people who will play this, many will flock to their favourite games
most of my friends love ratchet and clank, so im afriad this in situations, we will all be the same, hence no variety
obviously between each character theyre completely different (except coles) which i think will be amazing Smiley Happy

How is that any different from Smash Bros? If people loke the legend of Zelda over other Nintendo franchises, of course people are going to pick Link. Same goes if someone like the God of War series. People will always flock to their favorite because it's their FAVORITE.

I don't play 13 straight Smash Bros matches as Bowser (my favorite Smash character, hands down), I like to mix things up. That's not to say I play as Ness as much a Bowser, but if a little variety

Message 12 of 66 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Quality > Quantity.

yes but quality is THROWN OUT THE WINDOW when they say they are making a game to represent playsations history and the fans and then give us THIS

They're missing about nine characters truly somewhat important to PS history, five of which are PS1 (Crash, Spyro, Lara, Snake, Cloud), two of which are PS2 (Wander, Sora), one of which was PS3 (Resistance, if you want to count him as missing) and one of which is PSV (Kat).  Six of those are third party.  They're missing three characters that they could actually have gotten.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 13 of 66 (80 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Quality > Quantity.

yes but quality is THROWN OUT THE WINDOW when they say they are making a game to represent playsations history and the fans and then give us THIS

This is my question, HOW THE **bleep** DOES RATCHET, KRATOS, DRAKE NOT REPRESENT PLAYSTATION????

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 14 of 66 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Stefan, there is no point in arguing with a moron.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 66 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

fabsta1994 go **bleep** your self

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 16 of 66 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Alright.Enough of this.Can someone PLEASE tell me where in the HELL is confirmation of 20 characters only?Because I have been looking all over,and many sources time and time again had already said 22+ characters,including the most reliable source,Paul Gale.

Message 17 of 66 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Quality > Quantity.

It's the company's first game. What are you disappointed about particularly? The fact that your favored character didn't make it in?

From what I saw, they have many characters that were involved in PS's history in some way.

Message 18 of 66 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Sep 29, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Quality > Quantity.

This is my question, HOW THE **bleep** DOES RATCHET, KRATOS, DRAKE NOT REPRESENT PLAYSTATION????

this is true, i think that playstation is very well represented to people who play playstation
but i have friends who dont play, and all they know is pretty much crash bandicoot Smiley Tongue
however, this game is for playstation players, so it is not a worry Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 66 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Sep 29, 2012
20 characters is pretty underwhelming, not because of the number, but because of the peeps who didn't make it in. No Snake, Spyro, Assassin, or Crash?
Message 20 of 66 (58 Views)
0 Likes