Sep 29 2012
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

Why 20 characters is unreasonable

65 replies 240 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

people want variety, i know i do, and 20 characters barely scrapes that in
if these were the best franchises they could get thier hands on, fair enough, we cant blame them if crash wasnt allowed in

however, im sure that peopel like myself would have therefore liked a few characters from the same series
Dr neferious from ratchet and clank, perhaps the 3 sages from Jak1 as a pokemon trainer "character"
Any of sly coopers buddies, or guys from metal gear
it could have really expanded the game i think

thoughts?

Message 1 of 66 (240 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: Why 20 characters is unreasonable

Sep 29, 2012
I'm pretty sure all characters having their own unique feel to them as well as supers and other fighting mechanics are plenty in variety. I don't know why you think it isn't the case. Every character is represented in their own style.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 66 (234 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Quality > Quantity.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 66 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Sep 29, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

people want variety, i know i do, and 20 characters barely scrapes that in
if these were the best franchises they could get thier hands on, fair enough, we cant blame them if crash wasnt allowed in

however, im sure that peopel like myself would have therefore liked a few characters from the same series
Dr neferious from ratchet and clank, perhaps the 3 sages from Jak1 as a pokemon trainer "character"
Any of sly coopers buddies, or guys from metal gear
it could have really expanded the game i think

thoughts?

My thoughts: You're an idiot

If superbot steamrolls all the good characters now, there won't be any room to improve with sequels without scraping the bottom of the barrel. In All-Stars 2, there will probably be 2 reps per series, and 3 for All-Stars 3. That way, they can effectively still use "All-Stars" and also make improvements as time goes on

Message 4 of 66 (230 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Sep 29, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:
I'm pretty sure all characters having their own unique feel to them as well as supers and other fighting mechanics are plenty in variety. I don't know why you think it isn't the case. Every character is represented in their own style.

yes i know that Smiley Tongue i mean just with the gazillions of people who will play this, many will flock to their favourite games
most of my friends love ratchet and clank, so im afriad this in situations, we will all be the same, hence no variety
obviously between each character theyre completely different (except coles) which i think will be amazing Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 66 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Here's my thought. All fighting games start small. "Oh thats because they were all made before ps3. Systems are hight tech and blue ray so thay could handle more" No thats not an excuse. Look at injustice, its a brand new fighting game but only has around 20 characters. You also have to think about the money. Less characters = more sequels = more money. Plus where the hall are they going to get all the money for these third party characters anyways. They use the money from the sales of the first game to pay other devs for their characters in the second game. Its all about business and development time.

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 6 of 66 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Quality > Quantity.

yes but quality is THROWN OUT THE WINDOW when they say they are making a game to represent playsations history and the fans and then give us THIS

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 7 of 66 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

yes i know that Smiley Tongue i mean just with the gazillions of people who will play this, many will flock to their favourite games
most of my friends love ratchet and clank, so im afriad this in situations, we will all be the same, hence no variety
obviously between each character theyre completely different (except coles) which i think will be amazing Smiley Happy

Can you at least make your posts sound less accusing/exaggerated? Honestly, I don't want to feel like I'm attacking you mate.

Message 8 of 66 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Sep 29, 2012
My thoughts as well: You are a moron

20 characters alone adds variety. And since everyone is different its more unique than Smash right now.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 9 of 66 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Sep 29, 2012
SniperWolf, put a sock in it.
Message 10 of 66 (185 Views)
0 Likes