I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Who wants the "Journey" character as DLC?

Dec 4, 2012
@Pipelayer_69 People didn't think Phoenix Wright would be able to fight in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and just look at the varied moveset Capcom came up for him.

Saaem with lots of characters like Olimar in SSB, Roll in MVC2 and even Fat Princess in PSASBR
Message 21 of 28 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Dude, you're talking about different companies, where fighting has been their nature since inception. Traveler is a character made by a guy who no longer works for sony. Sure it's still a sony franchise, but consider if they actuslly consulted Jenova Chen about it (as Superbot said they were doing for every other char on the roster).

...it looks like you guys don't know about Jenova Chen, but the process of making Journey ended up neutering the character to make him nonvielnt. "Everytime we added arms, people would try to punch eachother...... we didn't want that assumption to be made, so we took off his arms, and his legs are minimalistic, so that they would think he is a light travler." The facelessness was also by design. And the interviews with the guy portray a pompous, arrogant dude when it comes to his games. What SHOULD make it to PSAS, is Flower and Journey themed items/levels, as that would lend itself to great things.......

khknight...... really? You're still on the Emmett thing? No, that dude belongs here.

this is me helping
Message 22 of 28 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Character or map...we will see something from Jorney i think

Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 23 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Dec 4, 2012

while more stranger the character, more interesting moveset have Smiley Very Happy

Of course...

Message 24 of 28 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 4, 2012

So for some reason people seem to think that Jenova Chen is anti-violence in regard to video games. I don't know why, considering he's listed some of his major inspirations as FFVII, Street Fighter and Starcraft. All games involving a pretty heavy standard of in game violence. 

Don't assume because he makes non-violent video games that he is himself against violence in video games.

I'm a floater, not a fighter.
Message 25 of 28 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 4, 2012
But his character and the game was made with that approach. To give him arms, feet, and a killer scarf is completely the opposite what he wanted out of his traveler.

this is me helping
Message 26 of 28 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Who said he has to have arms or feet? He already has all he needs for his move set. He doesn't have to bust peoples skulls with his scarf to be in this game. An example of an appropriate move for this character would be his Aerial Side Square being a gentle but fast paced front flip and maybe his special could be him transforming into the "Transcended" Traveler with the white cloak and the opponents turn into the Glyphs that you collect and you move over them to defeat them. His moveset doesn't necesarily have to be a violent one, nor does he need hands and feet.

I'm a floater, not a fighter.
Message 27 of 28 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Sooooo..... a mewtwo like phsychic chracter that picks up the kinetic rifle in the air?

this is me helping
Message 28 of 28 (71 Views)
0 Likes