Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: Who's cloud and lighting?

Dec 26, 2012
Final Fantasy has been a playstation staple since 7 released on the PS1. The first 6 numbered games used to be on nintendo consoles, and every numbered game has different battle dynamics and leveling system. Final Fantasy 7 also turns out to be the most adored of the series, and as such its main protagonist Cloud is often on the mind of his fans. If you've never played this classic, I'd consider it one of 25 most important titles you'll have to play in your lifetime.

Most recently, I got to play the 1st MGS, and I see why it's also legendary, another one of the 25 most important games.

Lightning continues the franchise's history with FF13, as the new protagonist of SqaureEnix's envisioning of a 'new series' within the franchise. If JRPGs were never your thing, this might be your calling card as the first game is beyond beautiful.

As a hardcore Final Fantasy fan though, 13 is one of the worst the franchise has ever spawned and is most undeserving of not 1, but 2 sequels as it is god awful of a game. The game only gets good after 32 **bleep** ing hours.... what the **bleep**? Not even 10, which is the second most linear game in that franchise was this messed up? At least you still had a larger mini game you can be involved in. Blitzball was a neat distraction to an otherwise droll game. Jeez!

this is me helping
Message 21 of 28 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

A direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game is wrong in so many ways... things aren't so "Final" anymore.

The only thing that keeps me sane is JonTron's Final Hallway videos and that Spoony has finally started chipping away at XIII. (VIII, X, and X-2 are all clear, I never have to hear the words "Chicken-wuss" or Tidus's atrocious laughter again....)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 22 of 28 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

Cloud is arguably the most iconic FF character outside of reccuring ones like Moogles, Black Mages, Chocobo's and the many versions of Cid. He may not be the best written character or the most interesting but there is no denying his popularity and how iconc he became for the first 3D Final Fantasy game that led to future titles on the PS1 all great in their own way.

Tidus was probably the most iconic for the PS2, the likes of Vaan and such in FF12 kinda fell flat with some mixed opinions amongst fans and new players but Tidus did set the grounding in FF10, arguably Auron or Yuna are as Iconic as him too but that's pretty much where it stops.

Lightning is iconic for the PS3 era but to be fair that's pretty much because there's about 3 games all about her so she's more iconic by having her shoved down everyones throat. FF13 looked nice, did a good job of making the cinematics looked fantastic but the characters, story, gameplay and world layout really bugged a lot o fans. Some adored it, some hate it, the only reason it's not the next Final Fantasy 12 is because of how gorgeous the game looked. Some will argue that Lightning deserves a slot more than others because she's female but that's just an immature argument, she's iconic and that's all that matters, her gender should not define her as a better character or more important than others. I've said before it's like me saying I want more bald characters in the game because Kratos and Sweet Tooth are the only bald characters or I want more children added to the game because there's not enough child reps.

The 3 I mentioned are the most iconic of the FF series on the Playstations so they are the most likely and most deserving candidates for representation, they may not be perfect characters and there are others in the series more well written and interesting but there's no denying these 3 are top contendor for most recogniseable and most iconic for the 3 systems.

If however square decided to not go based on these then it's possible a Moogle or Black Mage would be likely in it as they are equally Iconic to these 3 because of how well known they are and their appearances in nearly every FF game in some shape or form and with so many incarnations making a moveset for them would be no trouble at all.

Least that's how I see it. Sorry the post got a bit long winded :L

Message 23 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
If they do the black mage route, it has to be vivi. He'd also be the freshest and most unique playstation all statlr character in the roster.

As for which of those 3 characters mentioned Tidus>Cloud>Lightning. Moogles are staples but ths last playable moogle was Mog from FF6. And even though it'd be cool to have a dancer in PS all stars, they can get that fix elsewhere.

Still. Vivi for FF rep!

this is me helping
Message 24 of 28 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@Samokoske Moogles have been playable in the Final Fantasy tactics games also with some as main characters too and Final Fantasy tactics had multiple fighting styles for them all because of the job system.
Message 25 of 28 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Final fantasy tactics advanced is the most obscure title of the franchise. And a nintendo game. Mimes in war of the lions are hardly noteworthy. And the last playable moogle in a playstation game was in chocobo racing.

this is me helping
Message 26 of 28 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 26, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
Cloud - some blonde guy from final fantasy 7, known as one of the most popular ff characters ever

Lightning - a female character that's the main character from final fantasy 13.... New square enix fans believe she is the best character

Same.. .I don't really care for Cloud or Lightning wouldn't mind if they were in though

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 27 of 28 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I would welcome either Cloud or Lightning, but let's be realistic here: If anyone is going to get in it would be Lightning. Why? Square Enix would rather have her in All Stars to stir up interest for their second FFXIII sequel.
Who knows? If I'm wrong and Cloud gets in then that would be fine too.
Message 28 of 28 (42 Views)
0 Likes