Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Who's cloud and lighting?

Dec 26, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
Not many people have heard of them unless you played the games which isn't good advertising

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII were two of the most popular and financially successful games on the PS1. Particular scenarios in both of these games are about as well-known in gaming circles as Darth Vader being Luke Skywalker's father to those who haven't seen Star Wars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 11 of 28 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@strife
With MGS + FF they are a very unique and strong games in there own way which has made dozens of people not played the franchise as it doesn't suite people.

Naming people with in a certain game of a certain franchise of those types of games is very hard to pick from if you get me? e.i

I better character then snake and raiden for all stars would off been solidus or volgin but superbot goes with what the genral public have heard of nit just the fans + the owner of the games ain't going to want a character that won't do any good to there franchise in like solidus from mgs as he's dead (a bad guy, not playable) etc etc etc

Message 12 of 28 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 26, 2012
@strife

Sorry had to send that before my phone ran out lol but I was just going to say that there very specific to JRPG's as well which is its own thing (a great thing) mgs is slightly different with it being a 'TEA' game but they have there own fans and this thread obviously proves even the main people ain't heard of
Message 13 of 28 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
@strife
With MGS + FF they are a very unique and strong games in there own way which has made dozens of people not played the franchise as it doesn't suite people.

Naming people with in a certain game of a certain franchise of those types of games is very hard to pick from if you get me? e.i

I better character then snake and raiden for all stars would off been solidus or volgin (Just wrong.) but superbot goes with what the genral public have heard of nit just the fans + the owner of the games ain't going to want a character that won't do any good to there franchise in like solidus from mgs as he's dead (a bad guy, not playable) etc etc etc

"Can someone translate? I don't speak Hucklebery." - Leonard Church

Seriously, I know it seems like I'm trying to make a joke of this but I really can't grasp it. You're saying it's wrong of SB to capitalize on successful franchise characters in their mascot fighting game?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 14 of 28 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 26, 2012
It was suppose to be an 'A' instead of 'I' in I better, on my phone and watching a film with my gf so am not really writing slow as its kinda rude

And am basically saying that the 'better fighters' for this game are less likely to get in the game over the popular ones.

I could name a few characters from the franchises that are represented in all stars that would of been better suited then what is in the game as of this moment.

Like don't you think for a rep that a character that is better suited for fighting from mgs (a example), could of been vamp or solidus??

And JRPG = Japanese role playing
TEA = tatical espinage action (can't spell all of that)

Message 15 of 28 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 26, 2012
This thread went off topic the op asked who was lightning and cloud not what character would be a good choice to represent rpgs.

Since were off topic lol Zack>Cloud just sayin don't go ape **bleep** on me
Message 16 of 28 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Its still good to discuss this though that is what the forums are for
Message 17 of 28 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Well okay I guess I still need to add you rikki lol
Message 18 of 28 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 26, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
It was suppose to be an 'A' instead of 'I' in I better, on my phone and watching a film with my gf so am not really writing slow as its kinda rude

And am basically saying that the 'better fighters' for this game are less likely to get in the game over the popular ones.

I could name a few characters from the franchises that are represented in all stars that would of been better suited then what is in the game as of this moment.

Like don't you think for a rep that a character that is better suited for fighting from mgs (a example), could of been vamp or solidus??

And JRPG = Japanese role playing
TEA = tatical espinage action (can't spell all of that)

Sorry, but I don't. Any character with a lot of known accoutrements and fighting styles could fit, and Snake are Cloud good choices as such. More importantly, I like characters that aren't just 1-dimensional cannon-fodder. Character's with charm, personality, evolution, and a unique image.

It's kinda like when people ask for a Resistance rep. but are unable to grasp that the protagonists just aren't too interesting. A better choice would just be a Chimeran soldier, but that goes back to the whole cannon-fodder ordeal...

I guess, at the end of the day, the characters the community will want are going to be the most important to us. The ones we coordianted, lived, and grew with. The characters that mean something to us.

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 19 of 28 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Ok
Message 20 of 28 (88 Views)
0 Likes