Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Re: Who is your first 999 character?

Dec 13, 2012

Seriously, do you guys have something else in life to do. I have a doubt I'll ever get that far for any character. I'll be too bored.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 11 of 33 (127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Dec 13, 2012

LJPvonzity wrote:

Seriously, do you guys have something else in life to do. I have a doubt I'll ever get that far for any character. I'll be too bored.

Look I know it sounds bad but, it's actually quite easy if you are really good with said character, plus belt bonuses help too.

Message 12 of 33 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Dec 13, 2012
None yet, but I'm building up Sweet Tooth to be my first 999.
Message 13 of 33 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 13, 2012

LJPvonzity wrote:

yet you have so much stuff to do in your life .. sitting here on forum.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 14 of 33 (114 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7970 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Excalibur0123 wrote:

Weidleface wrote:

I just reached 999 with Sly last night. I imagine Spike will be next for me, unless I find another character that I suddenly take a liking to.

Was it hard to get 999 with Sly considering he can't block? I like him but, I'm more of a combo person and Nariko just fits my style. I want to start using someone else but, I don't want to use Raiden, Kratos, or Dante because I'm not that great with any of them.

Not for me. Sly isn't for everyone, but his inability to block actually supports my playstyle oddly enough. In games like this and SSB I was always jumping around with fast, light characters looking for the quick hit (my mains were Pikachu and Young Link) He's very much an in-attack-out character. Hardly any combos whatsoever. The challenge with him is just learning each of his gadgets and when/how to use them. Also, learn to track him while he's invisible. I have no issues finding an invisible Sly now, even in FFA. Then again I've mained him since the public Beta.

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 15 of 33 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Weidleface wrote:

Excalibur0123 wrote:

Weidleface wrote:

I just reached 999 with Sly last night. I imagine Spike will be next for me, unless I find another character that I suddenly take a liking to.

Was it hard to get 999 with Sly considering he can't block? I like him but, I'm more of a combo person and Nariko just fits my style. I want to start using someone else but, I don't want to use Raiden, Kratos, or Dante because I'm not that great with any of them.

Not for me. Sly isn't for everyone, but his inability to block actually supports my playstyle oddly enough. In games like this and SSB I was always jumping around with fast, light characters looking for the quick hit (my mains were Pikachu and Young Link) He's very much an in-attack-out character. Hardly any combos whatsoever. The challenge with him is just learning each of his gadgets and when/how to use them. Also, learn to track him while he's invisible. I have no issues finding an invisible Sly now, even in FFA. Then again I've mained him since the public Beta.

Ah I gotcha, I did try Sly for a little while but, that didn't work out too well, but by playing as him I can somewhat spot an invisible Sly so at least I got that out of it Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 33 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Sackboy has achieved it and Parappa is halfway there.

Sir Dan is about 2/5 the way and Fat Princess 1/4.
Message 17 of 33 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Weidleface wrote:

I main Sly as well. He's currently ~630ish for me, but he will definitely hit 999 before any other character hits 100. I like him for all the reasons you listed. Although I rarely use my down+triangle attack. The one where he throws the smoke bomb. It never seems like a good time to use it when he has so many other options. But he is pretty beast so I can't complain lol

Message 18 of 33 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Sly was my 1st, and I got that about 26 hours after the game was released. I also got it with Sackboy quite a while ago, haven't really  made a serious attempt to get there with any other character yet. I'm sure my Sly would be at 4000 or so by now if it kept going.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 19 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Dec 13, 2012

havent yet as i've been playing with everyone.  first to 999 will most likely be parappa since he's my primary character.  onlle level 500 now...closet to him is ratchet at 200

Message 20 of 33 (78 Views)
0 Likes