Survivor
2858 posts

Re: Who is your favorite character announced

Jul 20, 2012

Honestly am stuck between a couple characters.  Drake, Cole and Radec are probably my top choices for a main right now.  Will probably either be Cole or Drake in the end if Radec isn't that great at close/mid range.  May pick up Kratos some though since he seems to be a pretty good md-range fighter, however I usually prefer characters that have a strong projectile game and are fast.  Just prefer that style myself and enjoy the set-ups that come from that.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 31 of 42 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 20, 2012

First of Cole's my favorite character so far, second of I hate the way people on this forum jump on someone when they admit they haven't played a certain game, does everyone have to be an expert on every game?  It's better than pretending you know something about a game but infact have never played it. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 32 of 42 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 20, 2012
i dont really think thats why people are doing that. I think they are surprised that he hasn't played it because its very popular and want to suggest it to them because they enjoyed it and think he will too.
Message 33 of 42 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I really like that item from God of war that you can pick up to make you run faster. That looks really cool. I also like that Superbot let in the option to disable hazards from the stages. Now it won't be like you have to go in rotation between around 5 stages that don't have hazards like in brawl and you could choose any. I like that they are allowing DLC content for this game for some characters they couldn't fit in.
Message 34 of 42 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Jak and Daxter, and Sandover Village as stage are my favorites about this game
Put Sephiroth in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
Photobucket
Message 35 of 42 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jul 20, 2012

jojo677 wrote:
I really like that item from God of war that you can pick up to make you run faster. That looks really cool. I also like that Superbot let in the option to disable hazards from the stages. Now it won't be like you have to go in rotation between around 5 stages that don't have hazards like in brawl and you could choose any. I like that they are allowing DLC content for this game for some characters they couldn't fit in.

Yeah Herme's Boots will be fun in casual FFAs.  Haven't payed a lot of attention, but I believe they increase attack speed as well.  Yeah turning off hazards is great.  Will add a lot more stages that can actually be used competitively.  Didn't matter much in Brawl though since Final Destination was such an epic looking stage with a good soundtrack.  It really is sad that Brawl is basically dead due to poor MM.  It is such a great game, but playing against AI is no fun at all and it has died down around my area.  I'm going to for sure make All Stars a big game in my dorm this fall.  Going to try and fill the whole lobby with people late at night. 

Message 36 of 42 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I couldnt have said it better myself. I loved final destination in brawl and was probably my favorite map in brawl, runner-up being the bridge from zelda. I am not in college but that seems really fun, I usually have a selection of friends at my house playing brawl.
Message 37 of 42 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jul 20, 2012

jojo677 wrote:
I couldnt have said it better myself. I loved final destination in brawl and was probably my favorite map in brawl, runner-up being the bridge from zelda. I am not in college but that seems really fun, I usually have a selection of friends at my house playing brawl.

Never played the bridge much myself since it wasn't tourney legal.  Second favorite was probably the Yoshi stage with the random platform.  So many lucky saves came from that thing.  Yeah have my freshman year starting this fall.  I wish my friends still played Brawl.  Almost all of them where sore losers and eventually just stopped playing.  Not to brag or anything, but I used to be pretty **bleep** good at Brawl.  Falco all the way!  Hopefully I meet people who have better sportsmanship in college.  Friendly competition is always fun and I don't mind losing to people who are better.

Message 38 of 42 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Thats awesome. I loved both falco and the yoshi stage as well. I didn't realize that bridge of eldin wasn't legal haha. I was pretty good at brawl but I actually usually wasn't the winner. (I generally am not too good at video games). Good luck in college bro, my sister was a freshmen in college last year and seems to enjoy it a lot better than high school
Message 39 of 42 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jul 20, 2012

jojo677 wrote:
Thats awesome. I loved both falco and the yoshi stage as well. I didn't realize that bridge of eldin wasn't legal haha. I was pretty good at brawl but I actually usually wasn't the winner. (I generally am not too good at video games). Good luck in college bro, my sister was a freshmen in college last year and seems to enjoy it a lot better than high school

Haha yeah the guy running across is what makes it banned.  It is really fun in casual play though.  Practice is all it takes.  Wasn't that great at Brawl right away, but I just kept on practicing and reading what others where doing with the character.  Pretty quickly you learn the basic playstyle of each character and know what moves are best to do when.  It is also good to be able to read what the opponent will do and try to trick them yourselves.  A lot of good Brawl players would do something a couple of times to make their opponent expect that to happen again, then switch up to a smash or other hard hitting move to catch them off guard.  Almost all games, especially fighters are all about knowing the characters, especially yours, then just playing mind games with your opponent.  

Thanks man, I'm sure I will.  Looking forward to it a lot. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 42 (34 Views)
0 Likes