Mar 16 2013
By: myaman Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Who has good hopes for this patch?

13 replies 1398 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

I thought it woulld be nice if we had a post on this forum to show some appreciation that SSM and Seth are actually working on improving this game.

Though there are a few nerfs that I think are ridiculous (the ones making Sackboy less of a trap character. Not the ones that make his lvl 3 less unescapable) and there are a few nerfs that some of us players may want (careful inspection on the more infamous [not meaning the Coles] characters to ensure there are not op characters), we got many things that we were asking for (Dante getting some ground square attack adjustments, Sly's spammable counter and uncancellable lvl 1 being fixed, etc).

I'm looking forward to seeing how this game improves with this next patch and I'm always keeping in mind that there are more to come!

Scott Pilgrim for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!
Message 1 of 14 (1,398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: Who has good hopes for this patch?

Mar 16, 2013

ME! Finally my characters can punish kratos' rediculous square mashing. SOOOO HAPPY!

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 2 of 14 (1,386 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I honestly felt like selling my copy, but this game seems like it's starting to improve! Let's not get too over-excited though, with every fix there's usually a problem to go with each one :s

Message 3 of 14 (1,371 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Yo!
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 4 of 14 (1,355 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Mar 16, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

ME! Finally my characters can punish kratos' rediculous square mashing. SOOOO HAPPY!

No, they'll just learn to use a move that isn't punishable after the second square like upsquare that can lead to intense juggle combos. There are other still safe options as well.

The spam will continue.

Message 5 of 14 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I am content with the changes, I'm just curious if I have to change a lot of my set ups or not with ECole, we shall see. His giga punch is still effective just not as cheap as before
Message 6 of 14 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Mar 16, 2013

laoboi56 wrote:
I am content with the changes, I'm just curious if I have to change a lot of my set ups or not with ECole, we shall see. His giga punch is still effective just not as cheap as before

The way landing can work now can make it so you can confirm your punch on landing. Still easy and effective, even more so with how the meta will work now.

People will still claim it's "cheap"

Message 7 of 14 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Mar 16, 2013
And just when I thought people will leave ECole alone with his falcon punch Smiley Sad oh well gotta hit the lab when that patch comes out woohoo
Message 8 of 14 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I'd say this patch is going to be the equivalent to updates like Super Street Fighter 4 AE version 2012 and Street Fighter X Tekken version 2013, this patch might as well be called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royel version 2013 with how many changes are being made.
Message 9 of 14 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Mar 16, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
I'd say this patch is going to be the equivalent to updates like Super Street Fighter 4 AE version 2012 and Street Fighter X Tekken version 2013, this patch might as well be called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royel version 2013 with how many changes are being made.

I see what you mean. This game is changing bit by bit and its becoming more different than the original product. I think this patch brings some improvements in the game's mechanics and future ones will be making this game even better! Thank you Seth and SSM! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14 (269 Views)
0 Likes