Reply
Splicer
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
33 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012

People who are not 12 care. Crash is the single most important character for this game, yet he's not in it. If you don't agree with that fact, you were not alive when he was the unofficial mascot. 95% of the people on this board don't realize how imporant he was to Sony.

 

Message 31 of 52 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
759 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012
-___- I just stated that I was 22 and thusly alive when he was the unofficial mascot. I had the game the day it dropped and subsequent releases up until CTR and Crash 3. That statement is a generalization that isn't fair to the users who aren't in agreement with you and fully aware of crash's importance to playstation history.
_______________________________________________________________


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 32 of 52 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/13/2009
Offline
646 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
-___- I just stated that I was 22 and thusly alive when he was the unofficial mascot. I had the game the day it dropped and subsequent releases up until CTR and Crash 3. That statement is a generalization that isn't fair to the users who aren't in agreement with you and fully aware of crash's importance to playstation history.

I believe he was just making a generalization. If I were to say "Dude, everyone's seen Back to the Future," Well, obviously not everyone in the world has seen Back to the Future, but certainly the vast majority of people who love film have.

Message 33 of 52 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
759 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012
You're right. I'm getting defensive and I shouldn't be. I'm just getting a little frustrated with the fact that if someone is not on their side, they're apparently evil/stupid and don't understand why C&S are possibly important to the history of PS or the game and they don't need to be here if they aren't mad at SB too. I'm stepping away from all Crash and Spyro threads. I can't deal with this ATM
_______________________________________________________________


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 34 of 52 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2012
Offline
411 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012
crash and spyro are must
what the hell they arent offical mascot really ?
mascot doesnt have to be offical or unoff
mascot is mascot. ask to anybody what is best games on playstation or best char
90 of 100 will say crash spyro
10 of them wil say parappa
really i didint even know parappa or toro (until sfxtek) and parappa until this game
i had known medievil but ididnt like it.
crash is Real mascot of P l a y s t a t i o n
Message 35 of 52 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012

Okay, lets do this.

 

How would 'you', as in you, implement Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon, into a fighting game.

 

See, here's the actual problem. Every single one of you 'wants' him. Heck I want him. But, this is a fighting game, and some characters simply don't fit a fighting game.

 

Yes, we have Fat Princess, and they've done an amazing job putting her in. She has an interesting moveset which almost reminds me of Peach + Zangief.

 

Yes, we have Sir Daniel Fortesque, a man who swings his sword in a comedic fashion, and can toss his head around, and has several different movesets.

 

Every character on this list has been implemented in a way that fits them.

 

But, what would you do for Crash? I mean, he's known for one thing. Spin attacks, and jumping on things. Sure, there's the spin attack, now how are you going to implement jumping on people for damage? You can't. That'd be ridiculous. Second, how would you form his combos, and his supers? All I really remember from the old days is that he gets a motorcycle at one point, but 'that is still not enough to register him as a full fighting game character.'

 

Spyro is tough as well. We could implement his fire breathing, his claw attacks, and flying, but that's still not enough. Parappa already has a skateboard move. Again, not enough.

 

 

If there's some sources people could bring up of something that would register both of these characters as FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS, then bring it in. I'd like to see it.

 

Until then I know you'll cry and whine, without looking at the above logic placed before you. I want him in just as much as other people, but this, this is reality.

 

Kat? Of course I want Kat. You know waht she has? She can do ground combos, she can fly, she has a heavy hitting ground attack, she can throw various rocks at opponents, and she has a black hole super, a diving claw super, and a 'summon rocks and throw them like Morrigan in MVC3'. Those perfectly fit a fighting game. She fits, nearly to a dot. She has enough to work with to register her, as a character.

 

Wander? I've never played SoTC. I want to but I'm broke. I won't comment on this because that would be unfair.

 

Snake? Eh...we already have RADEC. If we had Snake it'd seriously just feel like another gun user. If anything give us Big Boss, that CQC would be really useful, and would go for a lot of interesting stuff.

 

But as it stands, Crash and Spyro are too insubstantial until proven otherwise.

Message 36 of 52 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/06/2012
Offline
1163 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Okay, lets do this.

 

How would 'you', as in you, implement Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon, into a fighting game.

 

See, here's the actual problem. Every single one of you 'wants' him. Heck I want him. But, this is a fighting game, and some characters simply don't fit a fighting game.

 

Yes, we have Fat Princess, and they've done an amazing job putting her in. She has an interesting moveset which almost reminds me of Peach + Zangief.

 

Yes, we have Sir Daniel Fortesque, a man who swings his sword in a comedic fashion, and can toss his head around, and has several different movesets.

 

Every character on this list has been implemented in a way that fits them.

 

But, what would you do for Crash? I mean, he's known for one thing. Spin attacks, and jumping on things. Sure, there's the spin attack, now how are you going to implement jumping on people for damage? You can't. That'd be ridiculous. Second, how would you form his combos, and his supers? All I really remember from the old days is that he gets a motorcycle at one point, but 'that is still not enough to register him as a full fighting game character.'

 

Spyro is tough as well. We could implement his fire breathing, his claw attacks, and flying, but that's still not enough. Parappa already has a skateboard move. Again, not enough.

 

 

If there's some sources people could bring up of something that would register both of these characters as FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS, then bring it in. I'd like to see it.

 

Until then I know you'll cry and whine, without looking at the above logic placed before you. I want him in just as much as other people, but this, this is reality.

 

Kat? Of course I want Kat. You know waht she has? She can do ground combos, she can fly, she has a heavy hitting ground attack, she can throw various rocks at opponents, and she has a black hole super, a diving claw super, and a 'summon rocks and throw them like Morrigan in MVC3'. Those perfectly fit a fighting game. She fits, nearly to a dot. She has enough to work with to register her, as a character.

 

Wander? I've never played SoTC. I want to but I'm broke. I won't comment on this because that would be unfair.

 

Snake? Eh...we already have RADEC. If we had Snake it'd seriously just feel like another gun user. If anything give us Big Boss, that CQC would be really useful, and would go for a lot of interesting stuff.

 

But as it stands, Crash and Spyro are too insubstantial until proven otherwise.


You havent played the new Crash games,right?They are actually fighting games with a lot of moves and combos.You are absolutely talking about things,you  dont know anything about.Epic FAIL.

Message 37 of 52 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012

Ferkel11 wrote:

 


You havent played the new Crash games,right?They are actually fighting games with a lot of moves and combos.You are absolutely talking about things,you  dont know anything about.Epic FAIL.


No, I haven't. Do you want the new Crash of the Titans Crash Bandicoot though?

Message 38 of 52 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2012
Offline
411 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

Sep 30, 2012
what does parappa do at terms of fighting lol just a paper?
sackboy ?
crash can do a loot things look concept videos search crash move set
a

lol you are just sucks man
you copmpare big boss and radec as same
lol
so what is difference with all sword chars?
all using sword we have dante dont need raiden and sir daniel and nariko
okay?
what about mortal kombat there are 9 ninjas lol?
Message 39 of 52 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Who cares if Crash & Spyro didn't make it in, seriously!!!

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

fifa13fayfim wrote:
what does parappa do at terms of fighting lol just a paper?
sackboy ?
crash can do a loot things look concept videos search crash move set
a

lol you are just sucks man
you copmpare big boss and radec as same
lol
so what is difference with all sword chars?
all using sword we have dante dont need raiden and sir daniel and nariko
okay?
what about mortal kombat there are 9 ninjas lol?

For starters deciphering what you're saying is painful.

 

I'm saying Solid Snake and RADEC are similar because of their fighting game styles.

 

And yes I have harped on the Dante-Raiden-Nariko-SirDaniel-Kratos thing.

 

This isn't Mortal Kombat.

 

Parappa has, in terms of what he's from, enough to warrant a moveset relating to music and 90's lifestyle.

 

Sackboy uses a lot of the stuff from his game, namely the Moon area that allows him to create.

 

You people would cry even more if Crash showed up in his Crash of the Titans outfit, so we're gonna delagate him to his past movements. So, he spins, he probably has a projectile of some sort. How does he dodge? What are his air combat moves? How will he fit in with the rest of the cast?

 

What's making me giggle is that both people I've responded to are the ones saying "LOL YOU'RE STUPID", but...they're not giving examples.

Message 40 of 52 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes