PlayStation MVP
3 posts

Re: Who I'd Like to See in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Jun 5, 2012

I posted this on the actual site, but I'll post it here. You have account for playability as well. Some characters simply won't make good fighters. Here were my thoughts...

Hmmmm... I actually had a map out of this game for Sony a few years before it was announced with characters, moves, and maps. So, here are some of the characters that would be awesome... First party: Any of the big three gods (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon), Cole ( Good and Evil versions of him with diff move sets), Kessler, Juo, Nix, Nariko, Flying Fox, King Bohan, Chimeran Solider, Murray, Bentley, Carmelita Fox, Ratchet, Clank (Separate and together Solo Ratchet or Clank would be from A Crack in Time, Duo would be from Tools of Destruction), Dr. Nefarious. Quark, Jak and Daxter, Sackboy, Wander, Mr. Grimm. Third Party: Ezio Auditore, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Gex, Snake (old or young), Ninja Raiden or Gray Fox, Lara Croft, Cloud or Sephiroth (or both!), Sora.

I was thinking of an E3 reveal that had a CGI Kratos and Nariko going at it (since everyone asks "who would win?"...Kratos). Then, when they were in a stalemate, blades crossed, Sackboy would come and smack both of them and destroy them, then do his taunt with the peace sign and tongue stuck out. Then it would cut to real game play footage! Anyway, this game looks awesome, can't wait to see more!

Message 41 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Jun 6, 2012

goku, superman, martian manhunter

http://freeps4gameslegal.blogspot.com/

Message 42 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Commander Shepard

there should ne a stage with the reapers.

Message 43 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Jun 8, 2012

While there are dozens I'd want, these here are who I'd consider to be must-haves for Battle Royale.

• Crash Bandicoot: The original PlayStation mascot we all knew and loved circa 1996.
  • Cole MacGrath: Easily my favorite character this generation and somebody who'd fit right into a brawler game like this.
  • Sackboy: The most iconic mascot for the PS3, arguably the most for this entire generation of consoles. Memorable and frankly too perfect to not include- we need our Sack person.
  • Solid Snake: This guy goes without saying. He's everyone's favorite stealth hero from the PSone masterpiece that was MGS to the equally incredible MGS 2 & 3 on PS2. MGS4 was a huge moment in the PS3's early lifespan too, and anybody who's anybody associates Snake with the PlayStation name. He's another must-have.
  • Cloud: Another PSone favorite for good reason. Cloud is, simply put, the must well-revered RPG main character ever. FF7 is still one of the highest selling games on the PSN and it'd be a tragedy if Cloud doesn't appear in Battle Royale.

Other wants: Gabe Logan, Dante, Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, and Clank.

Message 44 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I want a kingdomhearts rep so bad.

How about an anime rep? Bleach and Naruto have always been huge on the sony systems. Also, what about a comic character like Batman or spiderman?

Message 45 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1839 posts

Jun 11, 2012

RichYungThaBest wrote:

I want a kingdomhearts rep so bad.

How about an anime rep? Bleach and Naruto have always been huge on the sony systems. Also, what about a comic character like Batman or spiderman?

I agree with Kingdom Hearts, it deserves to be in this game. But totally 100% disagree with Bleach and Naruto. That's like adding Goku, it just won't fit at all. I love anime (but not the three I just listed), but things like Bleach, Naruto, and DBZ just don't fit in at all and I feel like it would be rather unpleasant to have them in the game. I don't really want to sound rude.. But those titles can track the.. well.. "weeaboos" and "wapaneses" and the true anime community will hate this game for doing so. But this is just my personal opinion.

Message 46 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I respect that Narwhal. A LOT of ppl hate the idea of anime characters, but I still see them working in this game. Seeing Ichigo and Naruto in the game could work. If the movesets are not totally messed up, then why would anime fans object to having an anime character in? If they put them in, then this game would truly represent players from all fields and genre of gaming. That is something not even SSB has done.

The more I post that idea, the more I hear ppl really hate the idea. I just hope they pull a shocker like Big Daddy and put in an anime rep.

How about a comic rep? Batman and spiderman would be too cool here.

I agree that Kingdomhearts deserves to be here. Lets hope that Disney plays nice and lendss Sora, Riku, Terra, or even Roxas to Superbot.

Message 47 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1839 posts

Jun 11, 2012

RichYungThaBest wrote:

I respect that Narwhal. A LOT of ppl hate the idea of anime characters, but I still see them working in this game. Seeing Ichigo and Naruto in the game could work. If the movesets are not totally messed up, then why would anime fans object to having an anime character in? If they put them in, then this game would truly represent players from all fields and genre of gaming. That is something not even SSB has done.

The more I post that idea, the more I hear ppl really hate the idea. I just hope they pull a shocker like Big Daddy and put in an anime rep.

How about a comic rep? Batman and spiderman would be too cool here.

I agree that Kingdomhearts deserves to be here. Lets hope that Disney plays nice and lendss Sora, Riku, Terra, or even Roxas to Superbot.

I don't totally disagree with anime, I've been a fan of anime for years now and I am VP of my school's Anime Club, I just don't think Naruto, DBZ, or Bleach make the cut. Anime and anime related things that I do think would be a good idea as a character or level would be Disgaea, Digimon, Kingdom Hearts, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy, maybe even Hatsune Miku. I am pretty much almost okay with any anime title having to do with Playstation but I can't see those three, and yes I do know you never said DBZ but I just listed it in.

As for comics, well that is rather difficult. I don't see Marvel or DC putting anything together in the same game ever. Batman has many great hits in the PS3 and Spiderman made some amazing hits in the older consoles but BatMan is DC and SpiderMan is Marvel. I have a hard time trying to imagine super-heroes fitting in as well, although I love super heroes. Maybe my image of this game is just off? Well whatever goes on, it's not up to me.

Message 48 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 11, 2012

if they were going to put a superhero in the game, i feel like batman would fit the best.  i can just see him and solid snake becoming buddies for some reason haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 49 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1839 posts

Jun 11, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

if they were going to put a superhero in the game, i feel like batman would fit the best.  i can just see him and solid snake becoming buddies for some reason haha

I do love Batman, but I've always had a preference for Marvel. If I were the one to pick which to add I just wouldn't be able to. I can see Batman and Snake becoming like BFFs and that would be a very humurous thing to add to the storyline, maybe a Gotham City Impostors cameo in the background too. I can see more of Batman as a choice because of how popular Batman games have gotten, so I'm sorry to say this but Batman would be a better choice.. Forgive me Marvel!

Message 50 of 78 (40 Views)
0 Likes