I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Re: Who I'd Like to See in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

May 21, 2012

Been having a huge craving of playing as Sackboy lately lol. I also wanna be able to play as Sir Daniel Fortesque and Lara Croft.

Message 30 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 23, 2012

Oooooh, forgot tenchu and legacy of kain... good call!

Message 31 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

May 24, 2012

Keep in mind, we're looking for Unique 1st Party characters that are worldly known...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 25, 2012

No, we are looking for characters that defined the playstation of it's past, present, and future, not just the best known. If we did that, there would be less characters than "SkullGirls"... Besides, if they WERE just looking for "Unique 1st Party characters that are worldly known", then why "Parappa the Rappa" in this current roster? He was big in the 90s, when the PSone was in it's prime, but after that...

So, why not Dart? Sir Dan? Ratchet? Jak? Sora? Why not T'ai? Ayane? Raziel? Gex? Alucard?

Message 33 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 25, 2012

Who do i wanna see?

Sir Dan from Medievil

Dart from Legend of Dragoon

Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Ostrava of Bolitaria from Demon's Souls

Jak from the Jak and Daxter series

Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank

Spyro from the original Spyro trilogy

Crash from the original Crash Bandicoot games

Sora from Kingdom Hearts

Kain AND Raziel from Legacy of Kain

Rikimaru and Ayane from Tenchu

T'ai from T'ai Fu

and

Eon from Grandstream Saga

Message 34 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 26, 2012

Sony didn't so much have a bunch of first party games as they did lock down a bunch of exclusives for the first two generations.  The bulk of the "defining" games for ps1 and 2 were third party titles.  That's not to say that there aren't some good first party characters, but really there just aren't enough to make a game with.  Sly, Jak, and Ratchet are ALL third party creations, yet it can be very strongly argued that they were the defining mascots of the ps2.

On that note, I think the ORIGINAL Edward Carnby might be an interesting twist for this game.  The first Alone in the Dark games were NOTHING like the really lousy reboot from a few years ago, and his attacks could focus on a mixture of using lights and "summoning" monsters and darkness.

Message 35 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 29, 2012

This is great list of characters, i would agree with everyone here on their list but there is one character people left out. some of you were close but after looking around i couldnt believe nobody had mentioned him, i was driven to actually post on this site since most of the time i just browse. GREYFOX, he would be a great character! and if characters can have different skins (which they should) then they could sneak in some looks from MGS2 even though its not greyfox but it is still a cyborg ninja.

Also i'm glad someone actually remembered Tomba! i had actually forgotten about this game!

Message 36 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 30, 2012

Related costume idea:  Greyfox set, Cyborg Ninja set, Null set (MGS portable ops, look it up)

Message 37 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 30, 2012

Yeah Null would be perfect (leaving it spoiler free).

I'm excited about the potential for ps1 characters! i sure hope the developers are keeping an eye on these forums.

any links to confirmed characters and arenas list? one by the actual development team please

Message 39 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Y'know, I just realized what we are ALL leaving out and it should have been obvious... Monster Rancher!  Suezo, Mochi, Tiger, Golem... there's literally an army, with a huge pool of alternate appearances!

I mean if nintendo can get away with pumping a game full of pokemon characters, why can't sony use Monster Rancher?

Message 40 of 78 (43 Views)
0 Likes