I Only Post Everything
994 posts

Re: Which overused move annoys you the most?

Aug 12, 2013

Well, it's obvious that youtubers are pros at this game 
Youtube is where all the top players go to discuss balance, right?

Message 51 of 81 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 12, 2013

LMAO

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 52 of 81 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
964 posts

Aug 12, 2013
Solid. I didn't tell you this because I didn't want to give you the advantage, but if after I block slide and you block, I can never punish. If you input anything other than block then the punish lands. So it is safe, and unpunishable. You just weren't using it right.
Message 53 of 81 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Aug 13, 2013
Trust me Pheracus it can be.... hit as soon as I reach the other side
meme3485470395
Message 54 of 81 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2013

Even if it is punishable, I find it odd that Drake (a character with low risk and high reward zoning) has melee that is more difficult to punish than a character like Parappa. I don't feel like there is much justification in making it so that it requires strict timing for characters to punish Drake's melee when pure melee characters are far more easier to punish.

Also, Dante's jab is one of the fastest in the game. So...assuming he can punish it with strict timing, what about everyone else? lol. Some characters have grabs that reach too high and can never grab Drake during his slide.

Ah well...I'm going to stop now. It really isn't my place to try to convince how other people's characters behave compared to other characters. Most people only want buffs or minimalistic nerfs (with buffs to "compensate") for their characters anyhow (not directed towards anyone in particular really, just something I've noticed)...

Message 55 of 81 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 13, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Most people only want buffs or minimalistic nerfs (with buffs to "compensate") for their characters

Yeah i'm really not liking that at all. Like this whole entire line. Sly as a perfect & relevant example.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 56 of 81 (142 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Aug 13, 2013

slys Teleport... ugh.

photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 57 of 81 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Aug 13, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Most people only want buffs or minimalistic nerfs (with buffs to "compensate") for their characters

Yeah i'm really not liking that at all. Like this whole entire line. Sly as a perfect & relevant example.

Yeah...don't get me started on Sly.

Message 58 of 81 (121 Views)
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 13, 2013

His whole gameplay revolves around being a pain in the **bleep**, so I don't play him. Sorry, I just do not have enough respect for the character to go through the process of learning him.

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 59 of 81 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2013

@Bomb you calling me out and it really doesn't bother me... apparently you haven't been in the lab to test out your theories....I have.. I'm not just talking to be talking...98 percent of people online using drake isnt even using him to 30 percent of his full potential.... and If your cant get past barrel ak spam you definitely are gonna have a problem with me.... low risk high reward zoning?...so characters with high mobility and/or with divekicks can't get past him (Parappa, BD, Raiden, Dante, Nariko, Good Cole), heavy rushdown charcters don't have the upper hand against him (FP, Sweet Tooth, Heihachi), and there aren't people in the cast that surpasses him in zoning (Ratchet, Sackboy, Isaac and possibly Emmett)?....Yess he is super godlike and should have a throne next to Kat-_-....All the characters I named I have played against at a high level and NONE of those MU's are easy for drake...I work HARD for my victories so don't you or anybody else ever get it twisted or question the authenticity of my skill. As I said before I will dicuss it in the podcast... not really in the mood to go back and forward today

meme3485470395
Message 60 of 81 (92 Views)
0 Likes