Wastelander
646 posts

Re: Which game from each series is the best?

Sep 16, 2012

I'll throw in a few extras other than the ones you asked for-

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - I thought the story mode was awesome and that the Multiplayer was an excellent addition to the series, long nights playing UYA that I didn't quite invest in the others. Though they're all great.

Sly 2 - Though I love all three of them, 2 felt the best to me, it was just so genuine and unique. Whereas 1 kinda felt like Crash Bandicoot with stealth (not that that's a bad thing) and the third just felt like it felt the need to attach gimmicks to improve. Thievius Raccoonus did have the best boss fights though, I'll give it that.

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Could never get into the sequels, they seemed dark for no reason other than to be dark, to be honest.

inFAMOUS 2 - I'm a bit puzzled by all the inFAMOUS 1 love in this thread, to be honest. I loved the first one, but I thought the second game absolutely WRECKED the first one. So many improvements to the experience, I thought it was incredible.

Uncharted 2 - Honestly Uncharted 3 sorely disappointed me in the story mode department, especially after being blown away by this one. But I do think that UC3 improved drastically on UC2's fundamentally broken Multiplayer, so I'm always torn on which one I find "better," but Uncharted is about the Adventure, more than anything else, so I have to go with UC2 here.

Message 21 of 30 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Haven't played the others yet but my favorite jak and daxter game is probably jak 3.

Message 22 of 30 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Sep 16, 2012
i made a thread about this the other day. oh well. sly 1 jak 3 r&c 2 uncharted 3 infamous 2 resistance 3 god of war 3 little big planet 1 fat princess killzone3 twisted metal 2012 mgs4
Message 23 of 30 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Ok... A Crack on Time, Sly 2/3 and Jak 3.
Also...
Uncharted 3, God of War 3, inFamous 2, LBP2, Killzone 3. 2011 was awesome! ^_^
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 24 of 30 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1322 posts

Sep 16, 2012
R&C game is either up your arsenal or ACIT both amazing and unique in their own way and I have played all R&C games so I know who to compare those master pieces to Smiley Happy

fav sly game is 3 its just the best one. 2 was amazing too and 1 was nice but 3 added so much stuff and ideas it was truly awesome Smiley Happy even though it was really short compared to sly 2 Smiley Tongue

------------------------------------

" One hypersonic brainwave scrambler, scrambled"
Clank from R&C: ACIT

Message 25 of 30 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Sep 16, 2012

What's your favorite Ratchet & Clank game and why?

A crack in time - i like the revised controlls better, awesome hoverboots, and the weopans are amazing and you can use multiple of them at once effectively, compared to others where you just use your fav till it runs out, then move on
also the clank gameplay is perfect for him, and the puzzles are challenging but do-able
and the story is brilliant

close second comes "tools of destruction" and "size matters"
TOD - awesome, but the ryno is too good and kinda wrecks it
SM - perfect game, except too small, due to fact it was on PSP

What's you favorite Sly Cooper game and why?

number 2 - i like the open worlds style of play, and the exploration of the awesome cities, and reasonably logical gameplay

What's your favorite Jak & Daxter game and why?
Jak 3 - all the weapons are balanced very well, use of light and dark eco is amazing
also the landscapes and world designs are absolutly stunning, and the game can be played through a few times without gettign boring
also it has a great use of other gameplay, like car driving ect

only critisism is the final boss is too easy

jak 2 is also very very good, but jak 3 just seems more complete to me

Message 26 of 30 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (Haven't played pre-Future series, however I've played all of the Future games.)

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (played all 3)

Jak 3 (so far. Been working through the collection recently)

God of War 2

InFamous

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Killzone 2

BioShock

Uncharted 2

Twisted Metal 2012 (Only one I've played through)

LittleBig Planet 2

Devil May Cry 4 (Again, only one)

Metal Gear Solid 4 

MediEvil

Fat Princess (Technically, there were two games)

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 27 of 30 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Ratchet Deadlocked - First one i ever played, and i thought every Ratchet game was like that. boy was i surprised when i played Going Commando. i honestly think the Deadlocked formula is better.. but thats jsut my opinion.

Sly - played 1, didnt like it. i dont like the Sly series in all honesty.

Jak & Dax - played all 3, plus combat racing. back in the day? 3 woulda been my favorite. right now? i hate all 3 of them. they did not age well at all, and frankly i think its in need of redoing if they ever make another one. i regret buying the hd collection.. kinda a waste of 40 dollars.

Message 28 of 30 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Rachet and Clank 1

Jak and Daxter and the Precursor Legacy

Sly 3

God of War

Uncharted 2

Twisted Metal Black (or 2)

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 29 of 30 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Sep 16, 2012

sly2= it was the game that set the standard for the series and had much more to do than sly3 

up your arsenal=had the best weapons and had a lot of stuff t do, and it was the funniest

precursor legacy=it felt more like a platformer to me, i like jak 2 & 3 but the whole gun thing kinda ruined it for me.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 30 of 30 (52 Views)
0 Likes