Highlighted
Sep 29 2012
By: fontbonne Sackboy 595 posts
Accepted Solution

Which fans have had it the worse?

21 replies 304 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

If the reveal about having only 20 characters is true and that others will be DLC I am asking which fans have had it the worse? I mostly mean the big four ( Crash, Cloud, Snake, Spyro) and I will state my reasons for each of them.

Snake: While I like him the most out of all of the ones listed and this may cloud my judgement I believe he may have been screwed over the hardest. To start off we early on get confirmation that David Hayter will be voice acting for this game and that Snake will be a shoe in and we even get a Paul Gale hint that ( we thought) explicitly referred to him and then we got the leak with Raiden. While this dissapointed many true MGS fans we didn't give up hope and when the trailer for MGS Ground Zeroes came out our faith was seemingly renewed and we thought we would get Big Boss ( just as good). Then we get a swift kick to the gonads by the Sid Shuman guy and maybe Snake will be overpriced DLC. To those people that say Kojima wouldn't put Snake in a " cheap knockoff" of Smash Bros remember he was in a similar fighter with Optimus Prime and Yu Gi from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Cloud: If I remember clearly I think Paul Gale gave a hint about a Final Fantasy character but I'm not sure. Some people on the forum say that Omar said a FF character was in this game as well.

Crash: While probably the most deserving out of all the characters I have always been doubtfull of his presence in this game due to the company that is Activision.

Spyro: Arguably equally deserving as Crash, it seems Spyro is out due to the same reasons as Crash.

Hopefully these characters are unlockables but I wouldn't get my hopes to high. Put your thoughts below on which fans have been screwed over the most and it doesn't have to be the big four that I listed.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 1 of 22 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Re: Which fans have had it the worse?

Sep 29, 2012

What do you guys think?

Message 2 of 22 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Fair points. These 4 + Lara Croft are the most important characters in PS history. There are no characters in at the moment that have made as big an impact as these guys. The current roster seems to be more focussed on selling other peoples games then their own.

Message 3 of 22 (256 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I agree. Snake was almost a shoe-in due to his popularity and the confirmation by Cole's VA of David Hayter's involvement. If Raiden ends up making it over Snake I call BS and would agree this game is just one big marketing ploy. MGSRising won't even be out until next year. Same with the new DMC...

Message 4 of 22 (246 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Crash and Cloud

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 22 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Sep 29, 2012
What's wierd is that when Paul Gale showed us the la le Lu le Lo hint I had a sort of premonition that it may mean Raiden but I scoffed at the idea they would put him over one of the biggest faces in gaming. Big mistake on my part I guess.

Message 6 of 22 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Sep 29, 2012

haha, look my signature lol

i would cry for all Smiley Very Happy

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 7 of 22 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I guess now we're trying to debate who the most tortured victims are...really?

Message 8 of 22 (200 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 29, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

I guess now we're trying to debate who the most tortured victims are...really?

it's really funny when you put it that way Smiley Very Happy

Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 22 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I wouldn't go as far as to say that laura croft was a huge instrument in playstation history as compared to the other four.
sure she's a great charecter but we're talking the big four here!!

Snake: his game INVENTED the stealth genre back then and it's plot and boss battles are still talked about to this day.

Cloud: put final fantasy on the map and took drammatic RPGs to  whole new level while also firmly establishing sony as equal to nintendo.

Crash: was one of the biggest PS mascots and went toe to toe with nintendo's mascot mario more then just once.

Sure tomb raider is a great game but it went multiplatform very quick,  and didn't revolutionize sony the way these others did. 

Message 10 of 22 (185 Views)
0 Likes