Dec 15 2012
By: BAMFosaurus Splicer 81 posts

Which characters are actually balanced well?

12 replies 211 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

In your opinions which chracters are ballanced as close to perfect as possible? 

Message 1 of 13 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Which characters are actually balanced well?

Dec 15, 2012

toro, spike, cole, PaRappa

Message 2 of 13 (206 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Dec 15, 2012

if parappa can be pretty unbalanced if people just do circle and you+infinite judo attack. yeah. its ets annoying.

Message 3 of 13 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

Overpowered:
Sly
Kratos
Raiden
Sly
Drake

Balanced:
Toro
Fat Princess
Evil Cole
Sweet Tooth
Ratchet
Spike
Jak
Sackboy
Radec
Heihachi
Nariko

PaRappa (though I do think his level 2 moves a bit TOO fast)

Underpowered
Sir Dan
Good Cole
Big Daddy
Dante

Message 4 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Occhi07 wrote:

if parappa can be pretty unbalanced if people just do circle and you+infinite judo attack. yeah. its ets annoying.

My only rebuttal is that i've only fought maybe 2 parappas online in total, but from what ive fought, he doesn't seem too bad

Message 5 of 13 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

Most of the roster is balanced very well, any time a character has a particular advantage they have some disdvantages to compensate. PaRappa is great at close range but has no long range, Radec is amazing at long range but poor up close, Sly can be sneaky to players who don't pay attention but he can't block or dodge etc

I think a lot of the characters people think are UP and OP just haven't been used or fought enough to see their true potential. A lot of competetive players are realising how good Fat Princess is as a character now and see the likes of Kratos and Sackboy as just very predictable with a lot of easy to read and counter moves.

Message 6 of 13 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

SiftRock wrote:

Overpowered:
Sly
Kratos
Raiden
Sly
Drake

Balanced:
Toro
Fat Princess
Evil Cole
Sweet Tooth
Ratchet
Spike
Jak
Sackboy
Radec
Heihachi
Nariko

PaRappa (though I do think his level 2 moves a bit TOO fast)

Underpowered
Sir Dan
Good Cole
Big Daddy
Dante

none of these underpowered are underpowered
Big Daddy Sir Dan are AP fiends, Dante has unforgivable combos that'll make you put the DS3 down for a good 2-3 seconds

Good Cole might be the only weak link, but I don't consider him UP

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 7 of 13 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 15, 2012
@arrownoir I agree, Big Daddy is a beast at close range with some amazing tech chase and throw game, only thing he lacks is a reliable level 1 combo but it's never been too big an issue when he can just toss enemies around all day and charge through everything with his armor. Sir Dan is amazing in 1vs1 and the only thing that's awkward about him is his angled level 1.

Dante is actually a very good character who builds meter well and I've started seeing some Dantes actually get 2 or 3 players caught in some tricky parry cancelling combo's that give a lot of AP.
Message 8 of 13 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Big Daddy gets knocked out of anything so easily. Maybe it's just because I run into bad ones but even 700+ Daddies I fight I just sneeze on to beat.

Sir Dan's setups can all be teched out of easily, I've slipped through countless level 1's with no problem, and on stages like franzea or whatever his level 2 is absolute garbage. Not to mention his level 3 leaves a lot to be desired

Dante I was hesitant to put on underpowered, but did mainly because of his lack of being able to turn around midcombo, and how everything leaves him open to attack, not to mention his easy to dodge supers outside the slow motion at the start of his level 3. If he was sped up slightly faster I'd move him more to balanced though
Message 9 of 13 (146 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 15, 2012
@SiftRock Big Daddy getting knocked out of stuff when and how? If you mean players taking advantage of when two other players are in a struggle then that's something that applies to all character and not just Big Daddy, if two characters are fighting one another in the middle of the stage and I walk upto them and hit one of them while they are fighting then that doesn't make the character bad. In Fact Big Daddy knocks everyone else out of attacks literally since he can just absorb hits from charging or using his armored square attacks to instantly knock down or stun the opponent.

Sir Dan still builds meter insanely fast and can cover himself well using his skull hand and axerang. You can tech out of up square but you can't tech out of his arrow and his mixups for throwing his opponent or trapping them in a super is a lot better than most of the roster.

Dante can combo into his supers very well actually, Kratos has a much slower level 1 than Dante yet everyone keeps saying Kratos' level 1 is superior somehow. And a lot of characters can't turn around mid combo and even if they could that only really helps them out ocaisionally in FFA and serves little use in 1vs1.
Message 10 of 13 (133 Views)
0 Likes