Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Re: Which character is your least favorite?

Jul 21, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

MrEpic1 wrote:

Cole has a very entertaining and dramatic games, an InFAMOUS 2 things made you cry, In InFAMOUS 1 Parts made you hate and cry, plus not to add the hard bosses, awesome enemies and conduits. Nice story layout. And very comical.

A variety of powers given throughout the game, fun free roam element, side missions to keep you busy, UGC missions so the game never ends. And gives you the choice to be evil or good, and it gives you the feeling that your in control. Brilliant cutscenes. Fun Parkour element. And have you even played the games?

Aww, poor baby, can't take a differing opinion?

I played the first Infamous -- Sony gave it away for free, remember, and that was about all it was worth -- and the demo of the second. Neither one made me change my opinion that Cole was absolute garbage, as was the game.

You know the problem? Sucker Punch didn't know what they wanted the character to be. They wanted to make him relateable, so they gave him the bike messenger job, no costume, no superhero name, right? But then they also thought they wouldn't be able to justify such a relateable character if the player wanted to make him evil (Infamous) ... so they gave him the voice of Wolverine and Clint Eastwood's love child. It's pretty hard to take his silly one-liners seriously when he has that voice. "YOU REALLY NEED HELP ZEKE" isn't the funniest line at the best of times but with that voice?

There's also the story to consider. Leaving aside the "Kessler is Cole" BS (yeah, apparently your voice gets clearer as you get older), the "super secret organisation" twaddle that he was involved in has been done to death. And why, exactly, Sucker Punch felt the need to write the most annoying, unlikeable female character ever into the story and then have Cole make it his entire duty to win her back over the course of the game before mourning her downright irrelevant death is beyond me. Unless you go down the Infamous route, in which case he doesn't try to win her back ... then mourns her anyway. I mean, why?

So that's the story in tatters. Now for the rest of the game; the free-running is done worse than Assassin's Creed and Prince Of Persia, the missions were repetitive, as was the combat, missions were the only activities to do in the city, the levelling-up system lacked depth, the city itself was unimpressive and maybe you'd like to explain to me just how drug dealers can become infected with a disease and suddenly have the aiming skills of Bullseye?

There you go, I've laid waste to your entire argument without the single use of an obnoxious picture. Would you like to give it a try or is it a bit too grown-up for you?

How you look down on other people as if they we're children is 'A bit to grown up for me'

And you lack information, In InFAMOUS 2 they say the Militia has supplies like Guns and Medicines which leads to the inclusion that the Reapers must have had medicine and supplies too, therefore not infected by the plauge. Cole and Trish go way back as well too, making him mourn over her death, and I do agree that the missions are rather, repetitive, but in a diffrent way each time, if they weren't repetitive hear you'd be saying bullsh*t of how there weren't enough missions. And he has very funny moments if you'd get into InFAMOUS 2. But apparently you wouldn't after getting a game for free and calling it terrible.

1:50

Is where Zeke and Cole are funny, and you must be a Sheldon Cooper if you do not understand the sarcasm in his voice. You've never played Infamous 2 so you are one to judge a game off of its first, Assassin's Creed 1 for example, confusing, and not much fun.

Infamous 2 acually makes you feel as you grow closer to Zeke but apparently you are one to judge so you probably hate Zeke. I may not have a, what do you call it? 'Grown up' Argument, but every InFAMOUS fan would agree with me. And you look too deep into gaming, you need to enjoy it not call out its flaws. I have Dead Island and sure its really buggy and terrible online and horrible story, but its fun element is huge. So while you 'Fanboy' over ridiculous games, I'm sure you refuse to accept the fact that it has horrible storyline as well.

Thankyou for your time. Mr.'Grown-Up' typing an argument on an computer. Narcist...

Photobucket
Message 51 of 110 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 21, 2012
My vote goes for Heihatchi. We need more... non-'that-kind' of character in this game....
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 52 of 110 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Dang, FP doesn't count?
That just made this a really hard question.

I -guess- I'd have to go with Nathan Drake, I've never played Uncharted. So that's probably why.

Message 53 of 110 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Derek1271996 wrote:

I've never played Uncharted.

I consider this deeply unfortunate for you.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 54 of 110 (209 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

Cole. Never been able to stand him. A boring character with no redeeming qualities, perfectly indicative of the dive that modern video game protagonists have taken.

---
MOVE THE COMMUNITY TO http://pastadium.forumotion.com/
Message 55 of 110 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Jul 21, 2012

BreadAndToast wrote:
For all y'all FP and Toro haters I challenge you to a round where I'll play either and show you they aren't "slot wasters"

Nobody is a slot waster so far and that is because the more obscure a character is the more uniqueness they add to the roster for example I doubt we will see a clone of fat princess 

---
MOVE THE COMMUNITY TO http://pastadium.forumotion.com/
Message 56 of 110 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 21, 2012

quackerzacher wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:
For all y'all FP and Toro haters I challenge you to a round where I'll play either and show you they aren't "slot wasters"

Nobody is a slot waster so far and that is because the more obscure a character is the more uniqueness they add to the roster for example I doubt we will see a clone of fat princess 

Ellen from Folklore could potentially be a clone. Fighting is done with Folks as the main weapon, and it's usually Keats (the secondary protagonist) who gets in close, using the Folks as an extension of himself. Ellen on the other hand tends to rely on status effects, predicting enemy behavior and organizing her summons in order to send out waves of them as efficiently as possible -like minions- which tends to keep her far from battle.

Basically everything FP does now is how Ellen would presumably fight.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 57 of 110 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 21, 2012

MrEpic1 wrote:
How you look down on other people as if they we're children is 'A bit to grown up for me'

And you lack information, In InFAMOUS 2 they say the Militia has supplies like Guns and Medicines which leads to the inclusion that the Reapers must have had medicine and supplies too, therefore not infected by the plauge. Cole and Trish go way back as well too, making him mourn over her death, and I do agree that the missions are rather, repetitive, but in a diffrent way each time, if they weren't repetitive hear you'd be saying bullsh*t of how there weren't enough missions. And he has very funny moments if you'd get into InFAMOUS 2. But apparently you wouldn't after getting a game for free and calling it terrible.

1:50

Is where Zeke and Cole are funny, and you must be a Sheldon Cooper if you do not understand the sarcasm in his voice. You've never played Infamous 2 so you are one to judge a game off of its first, Assassin's Creed 1 for example, confusing, and not much fun.

Infamous 2 acually makes you feel as you grow closer to Zeke but apparently you are one to judge so you probably hate Zeke. I may not have a, what do you call it? 'Grown up' Argument, but every InFAMOUS fan would agree with me. And you look too deep into gaming, you need to enjoy it not call out its flaws. I have Dead Island and sure its really buggy and terrible online and horrible story, but its fun element is huge. So while you 'Fanboy' over ridiculous games, I'm sure you refuse to accept the fact that it has horrible storyline as well.

Thankyou for your time. Mr.'Grown-Up' typing an argument on an computer. Narcist...

Isn't it remarkable how when people criticise Fat Princess, presumably without playing it, nobody complains but when someone criticises Infamous when they HAVE played it, crybabies like you break out the torches and pitchforks?

So what you're saying with this whole post is that unless I've played the second game, my criticism is irrelevant? Sorry but if you need a sequel to explain away the plot holes in the first, what's the point? Likewise, if you don't get the gameplay right the first time, why am I going to give you the benefit of the doubt and shell out money for the second? It was the same for me with another game you mentioned, Assassin's Creed. It suffered from the same flaws Infamous did, with repetitive missions and not much to do in the cities. Although I will say that Infamous had better gameplay, in spite of being repetitive. If you want to argue that I judge a series based on one game, I'd say that I've taken other people's words for it that Assassin's Creed 2 is better than the first and from what I played of Infamous 2, I like Cole's voice a lot more and the variation in enemies probably makes it a little more interesting. But you're saying "you can't judge a game because you haven't played the sequel". That's ridiculous.

And please tell me you're joking by saying "if missions weren't repetitive, you'd be saying bullsh*t of how there weren't enough missions". Are you telling me that we have a choice between a ton of repetitive missions and a tiny amount of unique missions? Yeah, you might want to try playing Fallout sometime.

I actually quite liked Zeke in the first game but you did remind me of another criticism I have of the story; remember when the Dustmen break Alden out of the prison and all the police officers get killed? Cole acts like Zeke abandoning his post is what led to that happening and starts treating him like crap, instead of doing what anybody else would do and be thankful that his friend escaped a massacre! Apparently, Cole thought one idiot with a gun would be able to do what a dozen or so trained police officers weren't able to and stop Alden from being rescued. Awful, awful story. Although technically, I might not have liked Zeke if the writing wasn't so bad and said "you must dislike Zeke! He does bad things, like ... stopping himself from being killed!" Wouldn't it have been better if Cole was totally fine with that and didn't get angry until Zeke tried to use the Ray-Sphere on top of Alden's tower? Which led to what TVTropes would call a "Missed Moment Of Awesome" when you only get to jump off after it's finished crumbling and much smaller than when you fight Alden. Another thing about the game that irritated me.

Finally, "you look too deep into gaming, you need to enjoy it not call out its flaws" ... are you actually trying to argue that games should be free from criticism? You also need to look up what "narcissist" means and realise what a stupid jab -- if it can even be called that -- "typing an argument on a computer" is when A) you're doing the same thing, B) I'd make the same argument in person and C) you started the argument because you're too sensitive over someone knocking your favourite game.

Message 58 of 110 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

i guess my least favorite would be sweet tooth.  he's certainly earned his spot on the roster but the other characters look more fun to use to me

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 110 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jul 21, 2012

least favorate is tekken guy, I allways liked jin with jacket from tekken 4 the best

everyone's entiled to there opinion so if he hates cole leave him(i personally think hes crazy)

like someone took a shot a lightning n shes not in the game Smiley Sad but im not going to go crazy

Message 60 of 110 (155 Views)
0 Likes