Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Which Jak would people want to see?

Jul 8, 2012

This must've been a tough call for SuperBot. 

Message 11 of 23 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Man, this is hard. Personally, I would like to see older Jak with Jak 1 Eco powers and guns and his supers being Dark Jak and Light Jak. I really could care less about whether they use the costume from 2 or 3 since the other will be an alternate skin, definitely. Also, for the poeple that wonder if Supebot will let older Jak use Eco powers, they allowed Big Daddy to use Plasmids, and the first Big Daddy to use that was Subject Delta from Bioshock 2 (Who should definitely be an alternate skin by the way).

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 12 of 23 (178 Views)
Fender Bender
2435 posts

Jul 8, 2012

CountMario wrote:
Man, this is hard. Personally, I would like to see older Jak with Jak 1 Eco powers and his supers being his guns, Dark Jak, and Light Jak. I really could care less about whether they use the costume from 2 or 3 since the other will be an alternate skin, definitely. Also, for the poeple that wonder if Supebot will let older Jak use Eco powers, they allowed Big Daddy to use Plasmids, and the first Big Daddy to use that was Subject Delta from Bioshock 2 (Who should definitely be an alternate skin by the way).

Exactly, and the only reason Jak doesn't use his eco powers in Jak 2 and 3 is because there aren't any sources of eco around except the light and dark eco vents. Also his attacks wouldn't all consist of his guns, there could just be one attack for each gun mod.

Message 13 of 23 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 8, 2012

CountMario wrote:
Man, this is hard. Personally, I would like to see older Jak with Jak 1 Eco powers and his supers being his guns, Dark Jak, and Light Jak. I really could care less about whether they use the costume from 2 or 3 since the other will be an alternate skin, definitely. Also, for the poeple that wonder if Supebot will let older Jak use Eco powers, they allowed Big Daddy to use Plasmids, and the first Big Daddy to use that was Subject Delta from Bioshock 2 (Who should definitely be an alternate skin by the way).

This is true. Kratos uses the Nemean Cestus and the Arms of Sparta, two weapons he's never held at one time.

SuperBot should build every character as a composite of themselves to get the best possible gameplay out of them.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 14 of 23 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

CountMario wrote:

I'll agree with this. Only benefit Young Jak has over Older Jak is the Eco powers. If Jak 1 gets included, SuperBot would have to awkwardly give him Dark/Light Jak powers & gun attacks or just not include them at all. Seeing older Jak with Eco powers wouldn't be too weird, and even if it was those could just be used as items usable by everyone.

Message 15 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I would say Jak II model with one basic gun and the coloured eco powers from Jak I.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 23 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jul 9, 2012
I think the first version of Jak should be used. That's classic Jak. Also, should he appear with or without Daxter? I would really like to see Daxter with Jak an not just a super.
Message 17 of 23 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 9, 2012
I was thinking his young version all the way. I saw him playing kind of like Iron Fist from UMvC3. He would have the ability to change eco types on the fly offering him a temporary boost depending on what eco he is using. For example, Blue eco would give him a speed boost, Red eco would give him a boost in strength (he gains more AP on hits). Young Jak also had the ability to use light eco, he used it during the final boss fight. Just because they use his young version doesnt mean they cant use his transformations.
Message 18 of 23 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 9, 2012
However, Older Jak's Light form looks completely different from Younger's and I don't think I want to see a Dark Younger Jak. Besides, I like Older Jak more and if we have Young Jak, that means he will likely be mute. I personally don't see what's so special about Young Jak besides his use of Eco, and even then, the only reason older Jak coudn't use those abilties was because only Light and Dark Eco continued to exist.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 19 of 23 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 9, 2012
They could easily just make him morph into the older versions light and dark jak. the other types of eco still existed, they were just turned into ammo, red eco was the scatter gun (power), blue eco was the vulcan fury (speed), yellow eco was the blaster (best range) and dark eco was the peacemaker (should be a super attack if they dont go with young jak)
Message 20 of 23 (118 Views)
0 Likes