Oct 20 2012
By: Digidevil4 I Only Post Everything 955 posts

Where all the Fat princess's at? [Tactics Discussion]

8 replies 154 views Edited Oct 20, 2012

For this beta I am maining Fat princess purely because she appears to be the least played character.

I am curious to how others use her to build up AP quickly as well as how they release it.

In concentrated 4 player close combat I tend to float around drop bombs and body slam followed by upward spin if I dont get interrupted.

In a more chilled out 1v1 Ill usually concentrate more on assit and wand swipes.

From what ive gathered her level 3 is pretty much completely useless as her level 2 can often get you 5-6 kills.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 1 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Where all the Fat princess's at? [Tactics Discussion]

Oct 20, 2012

They're at the buffet table.

Message 2 of 9 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I play Fat Princess and here is what I usually do. It is all about watching your oponent, it is always good to drop bombs but also use the knight or fireballs depending on the position of your opponent The knight works way better used in midair, so use that. The wand is good for knocking people up or down, but I mostly stick to her traingle attacks, which always seem to work. It is good to try and combo everytime and use her level 1s and mostly 2s. A good basic combo for her it air forward O, Down triangle, forward triangle, then up triangle. Oh yeah you almost always see me in the air with FP. Well those are usually my tactics, but I change it up from time to time.
Message 3 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 20, 2012
FP is my favorite character. i hate how everyone hats her
Message 4 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 20, 2012
hates
Message 5 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Digidevil4 wrote:

For this beta I am maining Fat princess purely because she appears to be the least played character.

True indeed. I don't think I barely saw any Fat Princess Players except maybe a few. But that's because she's the least favorite character out of many people. Also, when the full game comes out. There probably won't be any players of her except rare ones.

I just know I don't see players aiming for Level 3 Super. They go for mostly Level 2 Super, yet, that can still easily be avoidable. While the best option of Super, one can avoid the whole super & the player ends up with no points of that Level 2 Super.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 6 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Oct 20, 2012

The combo I lean towards the most is air side circle/air down square (depending on how close you can get to your target), ground down square, up triangle. This is really for isolated targets when you know you won't be interrupted.

In close brawls I tend to try and swat players at the edge of the action without getting completely involved unless I see a clear opportunity to jump in between other people's combos. Without a clear opportunity I'd wait until someone has either been blown out of the fight or 1 person has blown 2 people away and I can jump in on the 1.

I haven't played much of 2v2 (no friends boo hoo) but from what I have played it seems these strategies work just as effectively.

For supers level 1 is usually your safest bet and really easy to combo into for guaranteed kills. An early level 2 can also give a substantial lead depending on how effectively you can predict the opponents movements and control the chicken.

Message 7 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I main Fat Princess and unfortunately, they nerfed her a lot from the previous builds. Her level 3 is inefficient and her forward triangle (which used to be her main form of traversal does not go far at all). With that said, she's probably one of the more straight forward situation specific characters.  She has a real weakness against air attacks because she has no true anti air. It's important to understand her weaknesses going in. Now on to the strengths...

Use her assists! Her warrior from the air has a crumple that allows you to instantly go into a combo. The on the ground warrior is not as effective as the aerial one because they've taken away the priority it used to have (and it no longer has crumple), but is mitigated by the fact that it still great AP builder. To keep pressure on, neutral circle is your best friend. The mage is perfect from below and it's always smart to setup your attacks with fire. Hit them with down square keeps them down for combo follow up.

For combos, always start with neutral square, square or forward triangle. Both are great at closing in and coupled with assists makes her very aggressive. Your go to AP builder is going to be her up triangle or twirl. A good combo is to start with the warrior from the air, come down with neutral triangle, square, square, up triangle to finish off the combo. Her other crazy AP builder is her neutral triangle which is a great follow up to the butt stomp.

Supers wise, her level 1 is very efficient. However, it's just as efficient as her level 2. So watch the enemy patterns and the stage and discern which one is smarter to go for.

Here is a match that I played as Fatty P:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEqcp-s9k9M

Not my best match, I make a lot of mistakes playstyle wise, but I was efficient with supers.

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 8 of 9 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Much better by way of playstyle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nTvvBso64