Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: shadow_fire Hekseville Citizen 292 posts

When to Use Sweet Tooth's Chainsaw?

6 replies 194 views Edited Jan 4, 2013
Hello, Sweet Tooth is my main, and I consider myself good with him, but I haven't been able to find a use for his chainsaw. It looks like the type of move you'd like to whip out in a crowd, yet it's far too slow to use in a crowd. I feel like I use the rest of his arsenal fairly well, though any tips on certain situations to use his flame breath would be helpful. Are there any really good Sweet Tooth's on here that would like to spar? When online, fighting Sweet Tooth's (with my Sweet Tooth) is always relatively easy, since he's (sort of) an underpowered character, and only really effective if you have a great understanding of him.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Re: When to Use Sweet Tooth's Chainsaw?

Jan 4, 2013
never...really, you can try aerial to ground with it, but there is better moves, such a waste of moveset and sprite(weapon)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
31 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Sadly Aquoon is right.  I want to love this move, and I used to use it all the time just to show faith in it, but it just isn't that great.  You'd expect huge knockback but there is barely any.  Also, considering how long it ties you up for and it's close range, you' think the AP gain would be great but it's really pitiful.  I mained Link in Super Smash Bros.  and I was hoping this would be the equivalent to his Spin Slash but it's not the case.

If it makes you feel any better, Sweet Tooth isn't the only character with this problem.  Most characters really only have a couple useful moves and the rest are just filler.  There are a few exceptions but this is a common problem, and why you see people online only using one or two moves instead of the whole set.

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Rudrose.png[/img]">
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 4, 2013

shadow_fire wrote:
Hello, Sweet Tooth is my main, and I consider myself good with him, but I haven't been able to find a use for his chainsaw. It looks like the type of move you'd like to whip out in a crowd, yet it's far too slow to use in a crowd. I feel like I use the rest of his arsenal fairly well, though any tips on certain situations to use his flame breath would be helpful. Are there any really good Sweet Tooth's on here that would like to spar? When online, fighting Sweet Tooth's (with my Sweet Tooth) is always relatively easy, since he's (sort of) an underpowered character, and only really effective if you have a great understanding of him.

you can use it to cover both sides of your enemie's airial recovery, since it hit in front and behind sweet tooth. Its definitely a niche move though

ouyofo.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I only ever really use it while being bombarded, so I just mash it til it hits. Most would say just hold block, but if they happen to be a bit grab-happy, using the chainsaw instead of blocking can be to your advantage. Pretty situational, though. Keep dropping those land - mines, which can be a nice follow-up to the chainsaw

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jan 4, 2013
What? Sweet Tooth has moves other than plant mine?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Watching other players online, one would think not.. but it's really useful, which could just maybe be a reason why it's used too **bleep** much by most (and myself, admittedly)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes