Splicer
57 posts

Re: What would Mario's Supers be?

Dec 16, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

jorgehedman wrote:

Love this thread! Smiley Very Happy I bought a PS3 only because of PSABR, which I bought only because I'm addicted to Smash Bros. Reading the suggestions in this thread has revived my hype for the upcoming Smash Bros. 4, and I think it would be really cool if Masahiro Sakurai found a way to incorporate three different tiers of "final smashes."

What I love about PSABR is that SuperBot really worked hard to make characters feel like they do in their respective games, something that wasn't completely integrated in Brawl. Some characters' final smashes had nothing to do with their actual abilities. Instead, the developers came up with powerful moves that vaguely relate to the chracters. For example, Princess Peach had never been linked to the peach fruit, yet her final smash involves a rain of peaches and putting everyone to sleep. They could have come up with something true to her character. The same goes for Mario. Yes, he does have fire abilities, but his final smash is not an attack that he's used in past games; it's not an iconic move of his.

uh no

Smash Bros. doesn't need to borrow anything from this game. 

You're forgetting that Smash Bros. has characters that represents that franchise.

Mario - Luigi - Bowser - Peach represents Super Mario series

Pikachi - Jigglypuff - Pokemon Trainer - Mewtwo - Lucario represents Pokemon

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong for Donkey Kong series. 

Princess Peach gets her movesets from 
Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario RPG

Mario Golf and Tennis  

Super Princess Peach for DS

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrappyCaptureDevice/videos?view=0

Go watch some of the History Behind Super Smash Bros. Characters Movesets and educate yourself 

As for Smash Bros. potentially including three different final smashes or borrowing any other aspect from PSABR, that’s my opinion, and I believe I am entitled to it. Thanks.

I’m perfectly aware about several characters representing a single franchise, and I did not mention anything related to that in my post, so it’s pretty irrelevant to the whole argument. 

Anyhow, Mario’s final smash could be related to his Ultra Flame move in Super Mario RPG, but it’s only similar in that he throws a plethora of fireballs at his enemies. They are not exactly the same move. The video that you linked me to says just that at the end. 

As for Peach’s moveset, I know where her moves originate from, but her final smash was created specifically for Smash Bros. Brawl. She has never used that move in any game, which is the main point of my previous post: SuperBot seeked to make each super an actual move that is true to the character, while SSBB’s developers did not. At least not as well as SuperBot did.

Thanks for your input, though! Some of the videos in the channel you linked me to has some interesting information.

Message 21 of 28 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Dec 16, 2012

It's hard to imagine what Peach's Final Smash would be if they didn't invent the "Peach Blossom". ^^

Photobucket
Message 22 of 28 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Level 1: Mario spins luigi and flings him to the side (think of toro's lvl 1)

Level 2: he puts f.l.u.d.d. on and uses the jet boost feature to rocket across the level (think of dante's lvl 2)

Level 3: Mario Grabs an invincible star and bumbs everyone to death. OR

Mario Gets the Giant Mushroom and steps on everyone OR

Mario Sits on the ultimate yoshi and it can fly, fire ball, and ground pound

Message 23 of 28 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Dec 17, 2012

His level one can be kinda like Drakes in that he gets a bomb omb and throws it and it explodes on impact

His level two he can get the fire flower and just run around and shoot fireballs 

His level three can be the Star and he just runs around and everything he touches dies or the mega mushroom, or he can ride yoshi and wreck havoc 

Message 24 of 28 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1988 posts

Dec 17, 2012
that yoshi power up is HILARIOUS
Message 25 of 28 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Dec 17, 2012

.. um spam teh screen with mario games.. most milked serise ever.. 

Message 26 of 28 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Dec 17, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:

.. um spam teh screen with mario games.. most milked serise ever.. 

Not the most milked series. He just has a huge legacy. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 27 of 28 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Level 1: Jump

Level 2: Grow bigger and jump

Level 3: be able to throw fireballs and jump

------------------------------------------------