Highlighted
Wastelander
632 posts

Re: What would Mario's Supers be?

Dec 16, 2012

Okay, I like the idea of the Mega Mushroom being Mario's Level 3 Super. Though I can already see people considering it OP as Mario would be quite huge (Imagine it on Dojo).

I just thought of another Level 2 where Mario rides Yoshi and each stage plays a different set of drum beats in the background during the Super. But I like Starman Mario as well for his Level 2.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 28 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Love this thread! Smiley Very Happy I bought a PS3 only because of PSABR, which I bought only because I'm addicted to Smash Bros. Reading the suggestions in this thread has revived my hype for the upcoming Smash Bros. 4, and I think it would be really cool if Masahiro Sakurai found a way to incorporate three different tiers of "final smashes."

What I love about PSABR is that SuperBot really worked hard to make characters feel like they do in their respective games, something that wasn't completely integrated in Brawl. Some characters' final smashes had nothing to do with their actual abilities. Instead, the developers came up with powerful moves that vaguely relate to the chracters. For example, Princess Peach had never been linked to the peach fruit, yet her final smash involves a rain of peaches and putting everyone to sleep. They could have come up with something true to her character. The same goes for Mario. Yes, he does have fire abilities, but his final smash is not an attack that he's used in past games; it's not an iconic move of his.

Message 12 of 28 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Dec 16, 2012
This may be straying off-topic a little bit, but what if for SSB4, rivalries were included. Here are some I had in mind:

1. Mario vs. Donkey Kong (rivals in their debut game)
2. Kirby vs. Mega Man (both can copy and utilize the abilities of their enemies, and both have a quirky and fun style to them)
3. King Dedede vs. N Harmonia {Pokemon Black/White} (both are kings of their domain, they are viewed more as anti-villains; deceived by a more sinister force {Dark Matter for KDDD, Ghetis for N})

What do you guys think?

Also, I think Mega Mushroom Mario would be an awesome Super attack.
Message 13 of 28 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 16, 2012
^ 'Blatant PSABR ripoff' lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 14 of 28 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Level 3: He Summons Reggie Fils-Aime, who appears, god like. Zooms in on his face, as he says "yes, my body is ready", and becomes a super being of epic proportions who's touch will kill all those who come across him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 15 of 28 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Dec 16, 2012
who cares mario
go back to your nintendo forums
also his level3 will be probably: give cash to reggie
Message 16 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Dec 16, 2012

PaypayTR wrote:
who cares mario

Oh how i've missed you, Paypay

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 17 of 28 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Dec 16, 2012

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

Actually, I really like these ideas for Supers. Smiley Happy  They're true to his character without treading on the toes of his Final Smash in Brawl.

I can imagine his Level 1 being similar to Jak's, but with less vertical range and more of an AOE at the top.

His Final Smash 

Mario Finale 

Is a more intense version of Ultra Flame from Super Mario RPG

Message 18 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Dec 16, 2012

PaypayTR wrote:
who cares mario

I knew there would be one post like this. Thanks for being that person. Hopefully it stops here. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 19 of 28 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Dec 16, 2012

jorgehedman wrote:

Love this thread! Smiley Very Happy I bought a PS3 only because of PSABR, which I bought only because I'm addicted to Smash Bros. Reading the suggestions in this thread has revived my hype for the upcoming Smash Bros. 4, and I think it would be really cool if Masahiro Sakurai found a way to incorporate three different tiers of "final smashes."

What I love about PSABR is that SuperBot really worked hard to make characters feel like they do in their respective games, something that wasn't completely integrated in Brawl. Some characters' final smashes had nothing to do with their actual abilities. Instead, the developers came up with powerful moves that vaguely relate to the chracters. For example, Princess Peach had never been linked to the peach fruit, yet her final smash involves a rain of peaches and putting everyone to sleep. They could have come up with something true to her character. The same goes for Mario. Yes, he does have fire abilities, but his final smash is not an attack that he's used in past games; it's not an iconic move of his.

uh no

Smash Bros. doesn't need to borrow anything from this game. 

You're forgetting that Smash Bros. has characters that represents that franchise.

Mario - Luigi - Bowser - Peach represents Super Mario series

Pikachi - Jigglypuff - Pokemon Trainer - Mewtwo - Lucario represents Pokemon

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong for Donkey Kong series. 

Princess Peach gets her movesets from 
Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario RPG

Mario Golf and Tennis  

Super Princess Peach for DS

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrappyCaptureDevice/videos?view=0

Go watch some of the History Behind Super Smash Bros. Characters Movesets and educate yourself 

Message 20 of 28 (89 Views)
0 Likes