Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: What stages would you like to see?

Jun 6, 2012

SAGA25 wrote:

Snow Mountain in the middle of a war  ISA VS Helgast

I like this idea A LOT! It could be a stage where players are fighting on top of the train level in Uncharted 2, jumping from car to car. Meanwhile, Helghast and ISA will be fighting in the background, with MAWLR rocket fire coming into the stage as an environmental hazard.

Nice idea!

Message 11 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Given that stages have followed the crossover approach so far, here's possibly the most outlandish ideas I can think of.

The Castle in the Mist (ICO) as the location of a Wipeout grand prix race.

Empire City (Infamous) enveloped by a colorless fog and invaded by soul-starved demons (Demon's Souls).

Wastelanders (Jak 3) engaged in vehiclular combat in the ruins from Journey.

Message 12 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 7, 2012

How About Heavy Rain And Bioshock Anyone?

\  /

$ $ ------------------------------ PASBR            

)

-

ME WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jun 7, 2012

I think it'd be kool if there were a skylanders level, not like skylanders itself, at the end of dawn of the dragon they were in skylanders, on those little islands, and randomly a raid of those attackers from the game run through and pretty much knock anyone up in the sky whos in their way

Message 14 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Anything from the new Crash or Spyro games would suck ass

Keep it to the originals

Message 15 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 7, 2012

So I read Portal and I have suggested Portal before in my thread. And I just thought right now, what if they added some gel interraction? Like if bouncing and speed gel were to be poored in the test chamber and washed away by water once in a while. Bouncing and speed would be pretty fun.

Message 16 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
930 posts

Jun 7, 2012

OMG YES!!!!

I thought of one where its the city from infamous (cant think of its name right now)  and in the middle it starts to rain and the characters from Heavy Rain walk around the stage it adds where theres puddles of water where you walk slower in them and what not.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I was thinking of how an inFamous level could be put. At first I was thinking something involving Reapers. But then I figured that maybe The Beast would be a lot more appropriate. But then again, if The Beast were to be added then maybe it would be too similar to the already added God of War level. I never thought of a Heavy Rain mashup.

Still thinking about possible Portal ideas. Maybe have the wall open up or something and Turrets would be behind it. But instead of auto-aim they would point at a certain area and that would be the area you know to avoid or to push someone in. I still really like my gel idea and maybe objects like Turrets and Companion Cubes can be thrown in the bouncing gel to do damage. I can see so much potential, like Wheatley throwing bombs at you or Glad0s opening up the classic Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator. Maybe bring up forgotten concepts like the PNEUmatic Diversity Vent (Vacuum tubes).

I am also thinking of a L4D, TF2, and HL levels. I know L4D was for the xbox but I am really hoping it has a late transfer to the PS3 considering that Gabe loves PS3 a lot more and xbox might be banned. Team Fortress and Half Life were in the Orange Box for PS3 but TF2 was a little ignored by Valve on the console. I would love to see a lot of Valve hitting the game.

Message 18 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Since there is a God of War/Patapon level, maybe inFamous could be paired with Katamari Damacy. The fighers would fight in a city, then it would have a giant Katamari rolling over a city in the background. On occasion, something would fly off the katamari and onto the stage as the interaction, perhaps even an item that the players could use. I also wouldn't mind seeing a LocoRoco level and perhaps even a Klonoa level

Message 19 of 33 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Yeah, I like that idea about a Portal inspired stage, ThatDamnNarwhal. There's a lot of potential for this to be a very interesting stage!

Think about it. It could be inside a room at Aperture Science, and GLaDOS can be in the background taunting the players on the battlefield (or even Wheatley could be there for comic relief), and she can at times throw bombs at the players (just as she does in Portal 1 and 2).

But the real draw of the level would be, of course...Portals! And the positional strategy that comes with them!

On this stage, players can be knocked into and out of Portals, allowing players to strategize based on their position on the level (I could knock a player into a portal, for example, and prepare a combo for them for when he/she comes out of the other side). Gels could be added to the mix for more strategy as well. For example, I could knock a player into blue gel,and since I know blue gel will make him bounce back to me, I could use that positional advantage to contine my combo. As for orange gel (which makes me go very fast), I could either use it to escape my enemies or I could set up the gel such that it points to a portal, throw an enemy into it so he'll go speeding through the portal, and then use my super on him when he comes out of the other side. He'll be going so fast that he most likely won't have time to react!

It would be cool of these gels could be player controlled (as in, players can hit something that will make the gels appear on stage or players could hit a button to make Portals change position). This would be just to ensure that players can't camp at a certain spot for controlling these elements; they'd be dynamic to keep players guessing.

Wow, now that I've actually thought about this a lot, this could be a really cool level! Please consider it SuperBot!

Message 20 of 33 (73 Views)