Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7050 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:
Also I see some people go of vague memory which is unfair as well. Your going off what you think you remember from years ago. If you havent played Jak recently then dont talk.
 

I played them all recently, and I can safely say Jak 2 is, in my opinion, a chore to play. It's frustrating and I got little enjoyment out of it, and it's the worst in the series by far, and is the reason I rank the series as last of the three in my personal preference.


its not he worst in the series. This is the other thing that pisses me off. So because a game was to hard for you you rate it bad. I guess you might as well rate COD bad because its hard on veteran... while you at it rate FFXIII as bad to. Rate all the hard games bad.

 

 

Since when does a game suck because its insanely hard?

 

So what about story, gameplay, graphics, etc? What about all that huh? You just look at how hard the game is. You people let a games difficultly decide whether a game is good? sighs..... I liked that challenge. 

 

You want games that hold your hand throughout the whole way?

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 41 of 99 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
759 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012
BD you can't force your opinion on him. He didn't like it and there isn't much that will likely change it. Agree to disagree.
_______________________________________________________________


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 42 of 99 (68 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7050 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
BD you can't force your opinion on him. He didn't like it and there isn't much that will likely change it. Agree to disagree.

Its not an opinion. Im tired of people replying to me. I make necassary points. I know what the problem is with these people who dont like Jak II. Its a cmmon mistake people have. I reply for reasons. Im showing people and trying to make people understand certain things. The Jak series doesnt deserve this hate.

 

I will always reply. As long as I see an unfair rason for hating or disliking Jak I will always reply. 

 

Understand this. I dont do this to annoy people. Only to make a point.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 43 of 99 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/26/2012
Offline
169 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012

Frustrating and a chore to play don't mean it is a challenging game. I've played games that were frustrating and chores because of poor controls among other things.

I can safely say for me it went 3>Jak>2
Two really felt confused with what it wanted to do. The story felt rushed to me. I mean there were more issues. That doesn't mean it's a bad game it's just the worst of the trilogy. I thought Jak was too much of a baby and just being moody. I know he was experimented on but I just didn't enjoy his character. He felt so much better in Jak 3 and Jak 3 is one of my favorite games.

Message 44 of 99 (58 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/09/2012
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:
Also I see some people go of vague memory which is unfair as well. Your going off what you think you remember from years ago. If you havent played Jak recently then dont talk.
 

I played them all recently, and I can safely say Jak 2 is, in my opinion, a chore to play. It's frustrating and I got little enjoyment out of it, and it's the worst in the series by far, and is the reason I rank the series as last of the three in my personal preference.


its not he worst in the series. This is the other thing that pisses me off. So because a game was to hard for you you rate it bad. I guess you might as well rate COD bad because its hard on veteran... while you at it rate FFXIII as bad to. Rate all the hard games bad.

 

 

Since when does a game suck because its insanely hard?

 

So what about story, gameplay, graphics, etc? What about all that huh? You just look at how hard the game is. You people let a games difficultly decide whether a game is good? sighs..... I liked that challenge. 

 

You want games that hold your hand throughout the whole way?


No. I like a challenge, but Jak 2 honestly didn't feel challenging, it felt frustrating. It felt like a chore. It felt like the game was trying to punish me simply for loading it up. And in fact, part of the reason I feel it was the worst was because it relied so heavily on the new gunplay system, which didn't feel as fluid as it probably should have been. Every mission that drove me insane was a gun-based mission. The fact there was no aim or strafe button really drove me crazy, especially since there were points where it felt the game NEEDED them.

 

I also got extremely bored travelling between missions, especially in the early stages of the game where you had to keep going back to Krew and then going all the way up to the top of the city over and over across the same dull-looking path which kept looping back on itself for no good reason.

 

In terms of story, I didn't like Jak's character. He softened in Jak 3, even got a little sarcastic and knowing at times, and I liked him there, but in Jak 2 he felt, for much of it, like Generic Angry Hero #2725. What's more, he didn't seem to gel very well with Daxter personality-wise, which felt odd to me.

 

I know you disagree, but that's how my experience with the game was.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 45 of 99 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
355 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012
Kind of wonder how jak and daxter would have been if they didn't copy gta 3. Would have remained a platformer with no guns.
Message 46 of 99 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7050 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012

Zunja wrote:

Frustrating and a chore to play don't mean it is a challenging game. I've played games that were frustrating and chores because of poor controls among other things.

I can safely say for me it went 3>Jak>2
Two really felt confused with what it wanted to do. The story felt rushed to me. I mean there were more issues. That doesn't mean it's a bad game it's just the worst of the trilogy. I thought Jak was too much of a baby and just being moody. I know he was experimented on but I just didn't enjoy his character. He felt so much better in Jak 3 and Jak 3 is one of my favorite games.


Alright 2things i will correct here. Everything else I will leave as yor opinion.

 

Jak was not MOODY! first of all.

 

And the story was not rushed, it just had some plot holes and a complex story which is what made it so amazing. It had a nice detailed story. Btw just in case yo didnt ply Jak TPL.. thats a reason why you wouldnt understand Jak Ii as well.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 47 of 99 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
759 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012
But your points are only valid to you and not the entire gaming community. You can scientifically prove that jak is a gold series to everyone. You can only express what you liked about it and what it meant to you which makes your statements opinions and not facts. It's all relative to the person playing and each person is different so not everyone will like the game homie. For example, if I said that Shadow of the Colossus meant far more to the ps2 and the gaming industry in general than the entire jak series combined, would you agree?
_______________________________________________________________


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 48 of 99 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7050 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:
Also I see some people go of vague memory which is unfair as well. Your going off what you think you remember from years ago. If you havent played Jak recently then dont talk.
 

I played them all recently, and I can safely say Jak 2 is, in my opinion, a chore to play. It's frustrating and I got little enjoyment out of it, and it's the worst in the series by far, and is the reason I rank the series as last of the three in my personal preference.


its not he worst in the series. This is the other thing that pisses me off. So because a game was to hard for you you rate it bad. I guess you might as well rate COD bad because its hard on veteran... while you at it rate FFXIII as bad to. Rate all the hard games bad.

 

 

Since when does a game suck because its insanely hard?

 

So what about story, gameplay, graphics, etc? What about all that huh? You just look at how hard the game is. You people let a games difficultly decide whether a game is good? sighs..... I liked that challenge. 

 

You want games that hold your hand throughout the whole way?


No. I like a challenge, but Jak 2 honestly didn't feel challenging, it felt frustrating. It felt like a chore. It felt like the game was trying to punish me simply for loading it up. And in fact, part of the reason I feel it was the worst was because it relied so heavily on the new gunplay system, which didn't feel as fluid as it probably should have been. Every mission that drove me insane was a gun-based mission. The fact there was no aim or strafe button really drove me crazy, especially since there were points where it felt the game NEEDED them.

 

I also got extremely bored travelling between missions, especially in the early stages of the game where you had to keep going back to Krew and then going all the way up to the top of the city over and over across the same dull-looking path which kept looping back on itself for no good reason.

 

In terms of story, I didn't like Jak's character. He softened in Jak 3, even got a little sarcastic and knowing at times, and I liked him there, but in Jak 2 he felt, for much of it, like Generic Angry Hero #2725. What's more, he didn't seem to gel very well with Daxter personality-wise, which felt odd to me.

 

I know you disagree, but that's how my experience with the game was.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was a challenge. Accept it. It was both frustrating and challenging...

 

Relied so much on the gun system. Theres a strong reasonf or that. ITS THE SAME WAY IN THE FIRST GAME WITH THE COLORED ECO POWERS. ND kept it the same. The guns were the replacement for Eco.. See this is what I mean by misunderstanding.

 

Im going to assumed you played Ratchet first? You said Jak has no a aim or strafe? Its not a shooter buddy! ND tried to keep it original by having it have the same opition as in the first game with the eco powers. Bam, another misunderstanding. If it was aimable it would have gone away from what the first game was. To put it simple. Its basically eco coming out of a gun. No aiming came from his first game to stay original.

 

Jak did not soften in Jak 3, please do not say that. He was  at his most badass. He was the balance of his character in the 1st game and 2nd game. SO HOW IS THAT BAD? He got the best of both worlds.

 

Daxter doesnt seem to fit Jaks personailty you say? There no called Dynamic Duo for nothing you know? Same goes with Ratchet and Clank.

 

See how I brong up great points. This is why I defend Jak.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 49 of 99 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7050 posts
 

Re: What should i get???

Nov 15, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
Kind of wonder how jak and daxter would have been if they didn't copy gta 3. Would have remained a platformer with no guns.

Just shut up, serious. Just shut up. Wow.

 

Im not going to get into this with you.

 

Move on please. I dont want to start with you.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 50 of 99 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes