Keyblade Wielder
9344 posts

Re: What say you? Superbot may shut down [UPDATE]

Feb 4, 2013
Some people just can't wait to bad mouth SB. Sad really.
 photo 8E30DB57-F6ED-4A1B-947E-513276B477EE_zpse5jbdufp.jpg
Message 71 of 79 (308 Views)
Wastelander
779 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Crash gets handed off to another developer... He is now dead.
Spyro gets handed off to another developer... He is now... I can't even think of how to describe it.

:/

Seriously, Sony. You fail to market a game well (I saw maybe TWO ads on my TV before the game came out), then blame the company that made an awesome foundation for future installments? If a PS3 wasn't all I basically had, I might consider boycotting you for a while. But hey, then you'd just sack the people that make the games...

I hope for the best for you, Superbot. Hopefully you can get back PSASBR sometime if you manage to stay together, and will find a prosperous future. Thanks for everything you've done for us.
Message 72 of 79 (276 Views)
Sackboy
410 posts

Feb 5, 2013

This just sucks because superbot was the first and only developer that I felt I had a personal connection with.I wanted more dev diaries and followed every bit of news on them and the game as well as got to know all the keys players. The stupidest part about it is that the low sales wasnt superbots fault as they had created a great game, one that I still play everyday unlike other fighting games. It was Sony's fault for not marketing the game correctly just think about it..A lot of us who were excited for the game almost had to beg sony to advertise it as we hadnt seen no commercials online or off for the longest time.Sony also missed big chances on regenerating the sequels or remakes of games like Medievil, Jak & Daxter,Parappa the rapper etc.They could have merchendised with t-shirts,action figures,plush dolls,facebook pages etc catered to each franchise and character but they did nothing.They shouldve discounted all the franchises they couldve and got people up to speed with the characters and universe used in the game etc.

Message 73 of 79 (226 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Feb 5, 2013

By my understanding Superbot and Sonys contact has ended and Superbot will continue onto other projects. No big deal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 74 of 79 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I come back to the forums and see this?! This is really sad but there's nothing anyone can do about it. Good luck to SuperBot and I will have hopes that good things will happen to this game in the future.

Message 75 of 79 (172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
670 posts

Feb 5, 2013

May the haters drop dead and rot. Thank you SuperBot for bringing this great game and best luck to you guys in the future.

Message 76 of 79 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Astroking112 wrote:
Crash gets handed off to another developer... He is now dead.
Spyro gets handed off to another developer... He is now... I can't even think of how to describe it.

Crash and Spyro were handed from two of the industry's best developers to mediocre ones at the exact point that both series had already become obsolete.  This is a completely different situation, where a new studio's game is being handed to the co-developer who has five times as many employees.  This situation is more akin to SSB64's devteam transferring into the Melee team at HAL.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 77 of 79 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Part of me feels like superbot wanted to go one direction with the game and sony wanted to go another.

and if I had to choose what studio should work with PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS I'd rather it be a first party developer 

I feel like this way we'll get some good iconic characters as opposed to characters in the game just to promote other games *COUGH*bigdaddyraidendmcdante*COUGH* 

I'm sorry but based on that podcast I really think superbot was just gonna focus on gamings present and future rather playstations history.

Message 78 of 79 (120 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Feb 5, 2013

colombotron19 wrote:

Part of me feels like superbot wanted to go one direction with the game and sony wanted to go another.

and if I had to choose what studio should work with PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS I'd rather it be a first party developer 

I feel like this way we'll get some good iconic characters as opposed to characters in the game just to promote other games *COUGH*bigdaddyraidendmcdante*COUGH* 

I'm sorry but based on that podcast I really think superbot was just gonna focus on gamings present and future rather playstations history.

The original name was Title Fight and was made into Playstation All-Stars by Sony, so maybe that is what was going on. 

I'm curious to see what Superbot will be doing in the future, and what will happen to All-Stars. Maybe the next game will have developers that actually aim more towards Playstation All-Stars or even take the game in a whole new direction.

Message 79 of 79 (111 Views)
0 Likes