Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Re: What say you? Superbot may shut down [UPDATE]

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
The DLC thing actually happens with a lot of games, though. CoD and Halo map packs are rarely ever made by the guys who made the game nowadays, for example. Regardless, Big C is completely right about the transition that took place with MM during LBP.

^This is very true. 

Another example is Borderlands 2. Gearbox Software didn't develop the Mr. Torgue DLC. The Workshop actually did (same dev that made Sorcery).

Message 61 of 79 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Open on SONY's front door. As camera pulls back, SUPERBOT enters frame from right.
Medium shot on SUPERBOT. SUPERBOT looks back and forth, fidgeting with something. As camera pans down, we see a filthy looking BROWN PAPER BAG filled with an UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE in one hand, a LIGHTER in the other.
Return to establishing shot. SUPERBOT takes on deep breath before setting the BAG on fire and dropping it, in one smooth movement. With a second's hesitation, SUPERBOT ring's SONY's doorbell, and sprints out of frame, to the left.
A few seconds pass, and SONY opens the door.
SONY: SUPERBOOOOOOOOOT!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 62 of 79 (205 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I'm actually glad as a consumer. I want to see more DLC for this game (in the form of more stages and characters) but at the pace that superbot has been working on them, it seemed pretty unlikely that we would see many characters.

But this is just me...

Message 63 of 79 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

*unfollows superbot on twitter and unlikes fb page*

Message 64 of 79 (193 Views)
First Son
22 posts

I really hope Killian takes the lead for the DLC's. he kn...

Feb 4, 2013

I really hope Killian takes the lead for the DLC's. he knows what the fans want, and probably knows the best at SSM for the job.

Best wishes to Superbot, love you gusy, specially Clockw0rk

Message 65 of 79 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Feb 4, 2013
You guys make Superbot sound bad. Smiley Sad

Let's not forget what they did for us. I hope everything goes well for the game.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 66 of 79 (189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

@nch2112 are you kidding with that last part about Sly 4 it's going to sell very well I think there are way more than 100 Poole who know about it. There are 2 whole FB pages dedicated to it not to mention Sanzaru games has made it a point to prove to fans of the old games like myself that they stayed true to the games and added more on top of it all. Sly 4 will sell well a lot of old fans are interested while they attracted new fans plus making it $40 with cross but from the start has changed some minds. All stars could have used more marketing but it seems a lot of games don't get huge marketing and do fine, I think it was part of tge reason for the sales being average but not the whole reason. 

Message 67 of 79 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Oh, man... Poor SuperBot...

I feel very bad for them. Wished luck on future endeavors is the last thing you want to hear as a company..

At this moment I want to wish all staff @ SuperBot GoodLuck, I'll be sure to follow and can't wait for your next work.

Message 68 of 79 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Don't know what to say. It was a good but time Superbot, you made a a game with very awesome gameplay, but that was basically it. Hopefully you learn from your mistakes and do better in the future, but you did say you gus aren't saddened by this, so I wish for the best for you.
Message 69 of 79 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Feb 4, 2013
for some reason, this makes me sad... I feel like suberbot and omar were my bros man. Even though they weren't
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 70 of 79 (146 Views)
0 Likes