I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Re: What say you? Superbot may shut down [UPDATE]

Feb 4, 2013

BIG_C_23 wrote:

Ecurican912 wrote:

this is very great news. Bigger Company, Bigger budget = more DLC and hopefully a new interface. 

Kudos to Superbot for making the foundation, a solid one at that. 

I agree with you on all of that.

But besides a few issues I honestly don't mind the interface. Could it be better, yes. But Im not on the menu for to long

thanks. Its common sense, what would you rather have, More content although there probably will be more GoW content and Kratos will be a bit favored.

Message 51 of 79 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 4, 2013

BIG_C_23 wrote:

We probably will be getting the March DLC, i see no reason not too.

This is almost exactly what happened with MediaMolecule, and it worked wonders.

Wait, what happened to Mm?

Message 52 of 79 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Mm doesn't work on DLC or patches, another studio does I believe.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 53 of 79 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Feb 4, 2013
The DLC thing actually happens with a lot of games, though. CoD and Halo map packs are rarely ever made by the guys who made the game nowadays, for example. Regardless, Big C is completely right about the transition that took place with MM during LBP.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 54 of 79 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 4, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

You learn something new every day.

Message 55 of 79 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Feb 4, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Yeah, MM moved on to new franchises, Like Tearaway. I want to say United Front Games took the helm.

#Reapers
Message 56 of 79 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Feb 4, 2013
It blows my mind that people still complain about crap that does not matter (menu, story mode). Those things aren't the reason that this game has yet to sell a million copies. It's the fact that Sony hardly marketed the game outside Robot Chicken and the fact that there are significant characters missing from the roster. Superbot is not at fault here you guys need to open your eyes. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time comes out tomorrow and that game will not sell either because only like 100 people know about it.
Message 57 of 79 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Wow, this is some really sad news. I wish SuperBot the best and appreciate what they've done for us.

But this is now the THIRD TIME Sony's done this with one of their major 2012 titles within the last year.

First Eat Sleep Play w/ Twisted Metal, then LightBox with Starhawk, and now SuperBot with PSASBR. Both ESP and LB are now working on iOS games, I believe, so maybe SuperBot will do the same (that's just a guess, since I obviously wouldn't have any idea). Let's not forget all the studios that they closed down too...

And the worst part? These all happened for pretty much the same reason; these were all great games that suffered from really poor marketing. So in a lot of ways, Sony has themselves to blame for this.

Message 58 of 79 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Now with superbot out the way, maybe we'll get patches that will improve the game's functionality without screwing something else up.

I like the game but it leaves a lot to be desired. Three months after launch and I think it was becoming clear that superbot was not gonna be able to take this game to the next level.

Message 59 of 79 (165 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Sony is a POWERHOUSE! If you don't have people working for you that can't carry their own weight, you have to make some cuts. This game was slandered across forums and blogs since announcement. Sony exclusives don't make risks like that and this is why they made cuts. 

Photobucket
Message 60 of 79 (149 Views)