Jan 10 2013
By: AuXiiLium_DuHHHH I Only Post Everything 886 posts

What's your Dante strategy?

4 replies 147 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

Just wanted to know everyone's strategy for maining dante because unfortunately im starting to lose my edge with him Smiley Sad

sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 1 of 5 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Re: What's your Dante strategy?

Jan 10, 2013

I suck at close range characters :/, except Big Daddy( I'm decent at BD)

Message 2 of 5 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Be very wary of people who know how to block, they will punish u badly.
Message 3 of 5 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 10, 2013
combos, then counter level one
Message 4 of 5 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jan 10, 2013

i personally believe the key to mastering dante, is to be patient, wait for an opening, then pull out the AP burst combo. if you play to offensive, there is a good chance they will block and wait for that LOONG recoil, then you get punished.

tips: 

- if you are in the middle of a combo and you see someone aproaching you (obviuosly goina attack) cancel to guns then directly to PARRY, its a great strategy to keep in control.

- remember to make use of that Angel Dash, it cancels into Square attacks, allowing for great speed approach on those who are busy.

- LEARN the bold cancel, it makes you a hell of a lot more Powerfull, able to combo into your lvl 1 gives you a great advantage.

- keep opponents in the air as long as you can. that means if someone is falling, jump up there and combo them.

- make every combo count, it must end with a AP burst if you want to make Super meter progress.

- if you activate the lvl 3 REMEMBER to cancel, every seconds counts, hit someone with forward Square then cancel from triangle to angel dash. his way you dont have to waste time with recoul animations.

- if a opponent rolls past your square attack (Meaning he is now behind you) pull out down square (at an angle) it will almost always land on the opponent, then begin the combo.

thats all i got off the top of my head, just stay in controll by canceling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 5 of 5 (93 Views)