Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: What's wrong with 20 characters?

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:
Two things here:

1. People who are claiming 20 characters is a low amount, use your head. It's not a good roster in my opinion but 20 is a high number for the first in what I think will be a series.

2. Anyone who has said "I'll take it" "Doing it for the fans" "They're trying to please us" Wake up. This a company making a game for business purposes and business purposes only. This isn't hard to notice from their character choices (So far) Raiden instead of Big Boss? Wonder why.. Dante as the capcom rep? Shocking... But the most insulting to me has to be Heihachi's outfit. I love his gameplay but why is he in his TTT2 get up? Fan's of the series will realise that it isn't canon and by using the very first model, I think correct me if wrong, isn't a smart move. The roster isn't good at the moment it's average but I don't start hating on the devs or shoving myself so far up their crevasses I can no longer touch the ground. Everyone needs to calm down and wait for official confirmation.

1) 20 is a LOW COUNT, no matter what you think, it's descustingly low concidering all the characters choices they HAVE?!?!

2) didnt superbot state that they  were making this games for the fans and to represent playstations history?

But they slap us in the face with this character roster?

1) I guess this is just a difference of an opinion considering the number. I will agree with you that the choices are baffling in some instances and I can only assume they couldn't get certain characters (Keep in my that I still believe the roster is above 20 and they are saving the best for last)

2) I really agree with you here, do not state you are doing something for fans EVER. Because as fans we all have different wants and a company can never satisfy us all. People were talking about Parasite Eve reps a while back, that isn't going to happen but those diehard fans are going to be disappointed right? That statement is a shot in the foot and I agree the roster isn't good at the moment which makes it an even more bitter pill to swallow.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 71 of 94 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:
blind rage hahaha, justify myself? mhmm did you pass high school? And so what captian falcon and ganondorf had similar moves, but alot are different, does that make him a different character? no he's still a clone. And you have NO IDEA why i think this game sucks. 

Judging by your grammar and spelling, you shouldn't be asking me that question.  Here's the issue with your clone comparison: You used the least clone-like characters, and even then they're still much more similar than the Coles are.  Ganondorf is literally just slower and has maybe two different moves.  Throw in Falco/Fox/Wolf, who are pretty much only different in terms of speed, the two Links, who are literally the same character except a tiny change in speed, etc., and you've got real clones.  Good and Evil Cole have maybe 1/3 of their moves connected, but most of the Smash Clones actually are called that for a reason.  When a character has a majority of different moves, it's not a clone.

SniperWolf323 wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:
Two things here:

1. People who are claiming 20 characters is a low amount, use your head. It's not a good roster in my opinion but 20 is a high number for the first in what I think will be a series.

2. Anyone who has said "I'll take it" "Doing it for the fans" "They're trying to please us" Wake up. This a company making a game for business purposes and business purposes only. This isn't hard to notice from their character choices (So far) Raiden instead of Big Boss? Wonder why.. Dante as the capcom rep? Shocking... But the most insulting to me has to be Heihachi's outfit. I love his gameplay but why is he in his TTT2 get up? Fan's of the series will realise that it isn't canon and by using the very first model, I think correct me if wrong, isn't a smart move. The roster isn't good at the moment it's average but I don't start hating on the devs or shoving myself so far up their crevasses I can no longer touch the ground. Everyone needs to calm down and wait for official confirmation.

1) 20 is a LOW COUNT, no matter what you think, it's descustingly low concidering all the characters choices they HAVE?!?!

2) didnt superbot state that they  were making this games for the fans and to represent playstations history?

But they slap us in the face with this character roster?

1. Name a Smash game that added 20 characters in one swing.

2. They said it'd represent PlayStation's past, present, and future.  It does that all.  Not fully, but right now it does that all.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 72 of 94 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I live how sniper constantly complains about low roster count but never gives reasons why its too low. B!tches like to b!tch is all I have to say
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 73 of 94 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
I live how sniper constantly complains about low roster count but never gives reasons why its too low. B!tches like to b!tch is all I have to say

How do you not get censored?  I'm still wondering about that lol

No, but seriously, you may just wanna go with bleeps instead of bypassing so that you don't get banned.

ecdf9e46
Message 74 of 94 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

I don't care who the heck you are. If you think two Coles over an entire genre was a good idea than you have problems. I also love it how people think they are beng mature just because they are accepting the crap that is happening.

There's a difference between thinking it's a good idea and understanding the decision.  If this is the final 20, which I highly doubt it is, does the concept of two Coles still seem odd?  Yes.  But I understand why they chose two Coles, and they made them different enough for them to both deserve a spot from a gameplay standpoint.

Honestly I think your missing the point. They could have put alot of characters in with a similar moveset like evil cole. Secondly are you agreeing to it being a bad idea? Lastly if you understand why they chose two coles can you explain to me?

I completely understand the point.  I don't understand why you insult anybody that doesn't agree with your opinion on two Coles.  I'm not sold on it being a bad idea yet, only because they're still unique characters, but if there's only 20, I can definitely say that 2 Coles was an odd decision in the current known situation.  Notice the phrasing there: For all we know, the Coles may be in the same "slot" on the character select screen in the final product, and they may have the same story mode.  They'd be a Sheik/Zelda type thing (minus the ability to switch), in a way.  Or they could be different slots and have different stories.  Who knows at this point; right now, it's an odd decision IMO, but we don't know the full story yet.  

I understand why they chose to do so, because making a single Cole doesn't do the character justice in many ways, and because the character itself has such an opportunity for creativity that it's likely that both were incredibly fun to create.  Alternatively, maybe they didn't choose two Coles; Sony's got a say in who gets picked, too.  If we knew the full story, I'm sure my opinion would be different, be that good or bad for them.  However, we don't, so I can only go with a logical perspective to what they did choose, and look at the upside of what they did do.

Yea, becauseYea, because there being two Coles on the homepage totally supports the idea of cole taking up one slot. Also lets not forget about him having a seperate bio. You are really not understanding the point, Cole could have easly been one character like zelda which is one part where I think you are right. Also because you understand something dosen't mean its acceptable. If we look on the upside on everything they do than we would just be mindless drones that tae everything they do lying down.
Message 75 of 94 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Divine Paladin. You freaking rock. You always post everything i would say to previous peoples posts. Thanks.

Message 76 of 94 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

I don't care who the heck you are. If you think two Coles over an entire genre was a good idea than you have problems. I also love it how people think they are beng mature just because they are accepting the crap that is happening.

There's a difference between thinking it's a good idea and understanding the decision.  If this is the final 20, which I highly doubt it is, does the concept of two Coles still seem odd?  Yes.  But I understand why they chose two Coles, and they made them different enough for them to both deserve a spot from a gameplay standpoint.

Honestly I think your missing the point. They could have put alot of characters in with a similar moveset like evil cole. Secondly are you agreeing to it being a bad idea? Lastly if you understand why they chose two coles can you explain to me?

I completely understand the point.  I don't understand why you insult anybody that doesn't agree with your opinion on two Coles.  I'm not sold on it being a bad idea yet, only because they're still unique characters, but if there's only 20, I can definitely say that 2 Coles was an odd decision in the current known situation.  Notice the phrasing there: For all we know, the Coles may be in the same "slot" on the character select screen in the final product, and they may have the same story mode.  They'd be a Sheik/Zelda type thing (minus the ability to switch), in a way.  Or they could be different slots and have different stories.  Who knows at this point; right now, it's an odd decision IMO, but we don't know the full story yet.  

I understand why they chose to do so, because making a single Cole doesn't do the character justice in many ways, and because the character itself has such an opportunity for creativity that it's likely that both were incredibly fun to create.  Alternatively, maybe they didn't choose two Coles; Sony's got a say in who gets picked, too.  If we knew the full story, I'm sure my opinion would be different, be that good or bad for them.  However, we don't, so I can only go with a logical perspective to what they did choose, and look at the upside of what they did do.

Yea, becauseYea, because there being two Coles on the homepage totally supports the idea of cole taking up one slot. Also lets not forget about him having a seperate bio. You are really not understanding the point, Cole could have easly been one character like zelda which is one part where I think you are right. Also because you understand something dosen't mean its acceptable. If we look on the upside on everything they do than we would just be mindless drones that tae everything they do lying down.

Yes, because once something is shown somewhere it definitely means that nothing else can be true.  You don't seem to understand my point.  You're saying that "Cole could've been one character" when he very well still could be in the final product.  We simply don't know if they're keeping him separate for now for the sake of making it easier to select him in the convention builds.

Also, I never said this was acceptable.  I said it was understandable because you flat-out insulted people that accepted the idea of two Coles.  Is it necessarily acceptable?  Not in this context, probably.  Does that mean I can accept it?  Yeah, I can accept it, because I'm not going to avoid a game because of one character.  I'm buying it for the gameplay that kept me entertained for hours on end with just five characters, and I can't imagine how long I'll last with 20.  

ecdf9e46
Message 77 of 94 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

shockwave8428 wrote:

Divine Paladin. You freaking rock. You always post everything i would say to previous peoples posts. Thanks.

That's not really something I should respond to, but no problem!  lol

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

ecdf9e46
Message 78 of 94 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I never get censored any more. I'm just that good. I still do block it out but I didt think people would understand what I was saying if I did bleeps. People could have though I said b!tches like to phuck
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 79 of 94 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Stef, I almost expect to see your other account comment here within the day. lolz
ecdf9e46
Message 80 of 94 (59 Views)
0 Likes