Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: What's wrong with 20 characters?

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

IzoGray wrote:
I know right^.

"I'm so mature because I take getting F'd lying down.."

Agreed, these people are what is wrong with the industry these days. People who accept ridiculous DLC and act like everyone else is entitled.  The good old days of complete games with 30$ expansions/standalones are over Smiley Sad

Message 61 of 94 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Although I highly doubt that 20 is the finl roster.

Message 62 of 94 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

I don't care who the heck you are. If you think two Coles over an entire genre was a good idea than you have problems. I also love it how people think they are beng mature just because they are accepting the crap that is happening.

There's a difference between thinking it's a good idea and understanding the decision.  If this is the final 20, which I highly doubt it is, does the concept of two Coles still seem odd?  Yes.  But I understand why they chose two Coles, and they made them different enough for them to both deserve a spot from a gameplay standpoint.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 63 of 94 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

I don't care who the heck you are. If you think two Coles over an entire genre was a good idea than you have problems. I also love it how people think they are beng mature just because they are accepting the crap that is happening.

There's a difference between thinking it's a good idea and understanding the decision.  If this is the final 20, which I highly doubt it is, does the concept of two Coles still seem odd?  Yes.  But I understand why they chose two Coles, and they made them different enough for them to both deserve a spot from a gameplay standpoint.

there not different, look at both there videos, ALOT of the moves are the same,just different colour/ moves a bit differently. I've watched both videos of both coles intensely, THERY ARE THE SAME

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 64 of 94 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

there not different, look at both there videos, ALOT of the moves are the same,just different colour/ moves a bit differently. I've watched both videos of both coles intensely, THERY ARE THE SAME

What's funny is that they're not.  Your blind rage against anything PSAS just makes you believe it is just because you want to justify to yourself that this game sucks.  They have maybe 4-8 similar moves out of 24, and they have different Supers.  Yeah, they're totally exactly the same, you're right, buddy.

ecdf9e46
Message 65 of 94 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

Honestly I think your missing the point. They could have put alot of characters in with a similar moveset like evil cole. Secondly are you agreeing to it being a bad idea? Lastly if you understand why they chose two coles can you explain to me?

Message 66 of 94 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Two things here:

1. People who are claiming 20 characters is a low amount, use your head. It's not a good roster in my opinion but 20 is a high number for the first in what I think will be a series.

2. Anyone who has said "I'll take it" "Doing it for the fans" "They're trying to please us" Wake up. This a company making a game for business purposes and business purposes only. This isn't hard to notice from their character choices (So far) Raiden instead of Big Boss? Wonder why.. Dante as the capcom rep? Shocking... But the most insulting to me has to be Heihachi's outfit. I love his gameplay but why is he in his TTT2 get up? Fan's of the series will realise that it isn't canon and by using the very first model, I think correct me if wrong, isn't a smart move. The roster isn't good at the moment it's average but I don't start hating on the devs or shoving myself so far up their crevasses I can no longer touch the ground. Everyone needs to calm down and wait for official confirmation.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 67 of 94 (62 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

What's funny is that they're not.  Your blind rage against anything PSAS just makes you believe it is just because you want to justify to yourself that this game sucks.  They have maybe 4-8 similar moves out of 24, and they have different Supers.  Yeah, they're totally exactly the same, you're right, buddy.

blind rage hahaha, justify myself? mhmm did you pass high school? And so what captian falcon and ganondorf had similar moves, but alot are different, does that make him a different character? no he's still a clone. And you have NO IDEA why i think this game sucks.

Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 68 of 94 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:
Two things here:

1. People who are claiming 20 characters is a low amount, use your head. It's not a good roster in my opinion but 20 is a high number for the first in what I think will be a series.

2. Anyone who has said "I'll take it" "Doing it for the fans" "They're trying to please us" Wake up. This a company making a game for business purposes and business purposes only. This isn't hard to notice from their character choices (So far) Raiden instead of Big Boss? Wonder why.. Dante as the capcom rep? Shocking... But the most insulting to me has to be Heihachi's outfit. I love his gameplay but why is he in his TTT2 get up? Fan's of the series will realise that it isn't canon and by using the very first model, I think correct me if wrong, isn't a smart move. The roster isn't good at the moment it's average but I don't start hating on the devs or shoving myself so far up their crevasses I can no longer touch the ground. Everyone needs to calm down and wait for official confirmation.

1) 20 is a LOW COUNT, no matter what you think, it's descustingly low concidering all the characters choices they HAVE?!?!

2) didnt superbot state that they  were making this games for the fans and to represent playstations history?

But they slap us in the face with this character roster?

Message 69 of 94 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

Honestly I think your missing the point. They could have put alot of characters in with a similar moveset like evil cole. Secondly are you agreeing to it being a bad idea? Lastly if you understand why they chose two coles can you explain to me?

I completely understand the point.  I don't understand why you insult anybody that doesn't agree with your opinion on two Coles.  I'm not sold on it being a bad idea yet, only because they're still unique characters, but if there's only 20, I can definitely say that 2 Coles was an odd decision in the current known situation.  Notice the phrasing there: For all we know, the Coles may be in the same "slot" on the character select screen in the final product, and they may have the same story mode.  They'd be a Sheik/Zelda type thing (minus the ability to switch), in a way.  Or they could be different slots and have different stories.  Who knows at this point; right now, it's an odd decision IMO, but we don't know the full story yet.  

I understand why they chose to do so, because making a single Cole doesn't do the character justice in many ways, and because the character itself has such an opportunity for creativity that it's likely that both were incredibly fun to create.  Alternatively, maybe they didn't choose two Coles; Sony's got a say in who gets picked, too.  If we knew the full story, I'm sure my opinion would be different, be that good or bad for them.  However, we don't, so I can only go with a logical perspective to what they did choose, and look at the upside of what they did do.

ecdf9e46
Message 70 of 94 (43 Views)
0 Likes