I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Re: What's wrong with 20 characters?

Sep 29, 2012

HM01_Impaler wrote:
First of all, I have no problem at all with this roster. There were a few more characters that I would have like to have seen, but this is fine. I think there are a few reasons why people would be unhappy if this was the final roster. Most fighting games have many more than 20 characters. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (great game, by the way) has 55 characters with more DLC on the way. Yes, this is the first game. However, that should not matter, especially in a game that is supposed to represent Playstation history. Also, there are many important characters missing, with strange choices instead. Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake, Sora, Wander/Ico, and Chimera/Hale are all absent. However, we do have Raiden, Big Daddy, new Dante, two Coles, and Nariko (although, she was highly requested, so I suppose she is alright). Again, I really like this roster. Some of the characters I listed above are some of the best characters in the game. Also, we do have a lot of characters that I am happy about. My PS2 Trio, Parappa, Spike, Good Cole, Drake, Kratos, Heihachi, Sackboy, etcetera. I think this is going to be a great game regardless of whether there are more characters or not.

didnt mean to kudo you.

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 51 of 94 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Yeah I wanted crash, spyro, cloud etc etc.. that's not even my pickle.. My pickle is they didn't even add ONE SINGLE rpg character.. I mean I don't get it.. if these rumors are true then we have been lied to on that part. I'm still getting the game, got it pre orderd but that is very disapointing if true. Playstation wouldn't be what it is today without rpgs and jrpgs srpgs trpgs. Im serioiusly hoping SB comes out and de confirms this
I own over 100 ps3/psn games... ps3>>>everything
Message 52 of 94 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

sharebear420 wrote:
Yeah I wanted crash, spyro, cloud etc etc.. that's not even my pickle.. My pickle is they didn't even add ONE SINGLE rpg character.. I mean I don't get it.. if these rumors are true then we have been lied to on that part. I'm still getting the game, got it pre orderd but that is very disapointing if true. Playstation wouldn't be what it is today without rpgs and jrpgs srpgs trpgs. Im serioiusly hoping SB comes out and de confirms this

news flash

this just in, superbot doesn't give two **bleep** about the fans

Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 53 of 94 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Sep 29, 2012

people are **bleep** because they say the game is made for the fans, but the fans arent getting what they want.

Message 54 of 94 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

people are **bleep** because they say the game is made for the fans, but the fans arent getting what they want.

yep, and a perfect example is NARIKO. SHE IS NOT A PS ALLSTAR, DOES NOT deserve to be in this game, and she is clearly there for ADVERTISINIG purposes. It wasn't a conicidence her new game was announced the day before her reveal

Message 55 of 94 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

yep, and a perfect example is NARIKO. SHE IS NOT A PS ALLSTAR, DOES NOT deserve to be in this game, and she is clearly there for ADVERTISINIG purposes. It wasn't a conicidence her new game was announced the day before her reveal

There's a Heavenly Sword 2 announced?! Shyiiiiiit, where's the link, I wanna see this!

Message 56 of 94 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I like how people think the roster size is bad because Smash had 26 in 2002, when only 12-14 were actually new (maybe even fewer because there were characters cut from SSB64 that were probably put in Melee). Guess what? It's not space that's really an issue. It's the concept of a roster over 20, when no big fighting game has ever started with more than 20 in its first game, minus KoF (the reasons for which Marrow already explained). Hell, if space was an issue, it'd be the Vita's 4GB, not the PS3's 25+, that would be the standard by which this game should be judged, because that's the limiting factor.

When you take the entire game out of context and throw the number 20 at face value, anyone can make that seem bad. However, if you take ANY game out of context, it's pretty easy to make it seem bad. If SFV or SSB4 came out with 20 characters, complaints would at least make some sense, because they each have a background that should prohibit that. This is the background. 20 games for a new IP made by a new developer is unheard of. Even Netherrealm, a developer that's been making fighting games for over a decade, may only get around 20 characters into Injustice. Expecting a green developer to get over 20 because the PS3 can hold it is the most basic, childish argument I've ever heard, because it literally throws away all logic.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 57 of 94 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

Except it was cancelled in April 2012.  And the only thing "announced" any time near her PSAS announcement about that game was the announcement that there was some concept art leaked of a cancelled game.  Yeah, totally advertising.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 58 of 94 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I don't care who the heck you are. If you think two Coles over an entire genre was a good idea than you have problems. I also love it how people think they are beng mature just because they are accepting the crap that is happening.

Message 59 of 94 (80 Views)
Sackboy
538 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I know right^.

"I'm so mature because I take getting F'd lying down.."
Message 60 of 94 (75 Views)
0 Likes