Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Re: What's wrong with 20 characters?

Sep 29, 2012

The number of characters isn't the problem. The problem is that number isn't used an optimal manner. There are still a large number of popular characters that are MIA. Anyone talking like the final roster count number is the problem is completely missing the point.

--------
"Zat’s 'Co-lay,” not 'Co-lette'! Do I look like a woman? Do I have ze pigtails? Non!"
Message 31 of 94 (154 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012
please do, if only to shut people up.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 32 of 94 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Every character on the roster is in some way either made by Sony, or a third party which has a large Sony influence.

Heihachi Mishima, of Tekken. Besides the fact that Tekken has been a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE UP UNTIL TEKKEN 6, he was also a Sony exclusive character for Soul Calibur 2, specifically on the PS2.

Big Daddy, of Bioshock. Bioshock PS3 was definitely a lot better than the 360 version. It was also noted that they have a Vita exclusive coming up.

Ninja Theory's Dante, of DmC Devil May Cry. I'm thinking its a promotional thing, because Ninja Theory made Nariko as well; the first party console mascot for the first days of the PS3 until Sackboy showed up. Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 were all made on the PS2 including 3 Special Edition. They're more than most likely going to give us a classic costume off the old ones, and it will still fit the current moveset because not much has actually changed.

Raiden, from Metal Gear Solid. You'd have to be stupid to not know how much Metal Gear Solid has impacted the Playstation. For starters, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all Sony exclusive; Twin Snakes was a remake on the Gamecube and is irrelevant as its a remake. Metal Gear Ac!d was a PSP launch title and exclusive. Ac!d 2 is also a PSP exclusive, as is Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, and disregarding the HD remakes as we all should, Peace Walker.

Message 33 of 94 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Also, no one pay attention to cutie she's a Microsoft fangirl so of course she's bashing on Sony.
Message 34 of 94 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Sep 29, 2012
people would be ungrateful because other fighting video games have way more characters, so the other games have set a standard that fans expect psasbr to live up to. now i'm aware 20 is not the final yet but people should be upset if sony ends up releasing a highly hyped game so below its genre's standards
Message 35 of 94 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 29, 2012

This greateful / ungrateful **bleep** needs to stop. If really there are only 20 characters, this game is not worth buying. Not only because it's a small roster, but also because it's formed by god-awful characters like Donte, Fat Princess, Evil Cole... I really hope this isn't true. Superbot should say something, and the fact that they shut up doesn't please me, the CONSUMER.

Fanboys who think they're more mature because they accept ANYTHING are just blatant idiots. If Brawl didn't have some characters I would have say the same thing, and I wasn't 100% satisfied anyway. Ungrateful? I PAY FOR **bleep**'S SAKE. I give money to them, you're all just retarded if you think that doesn't put me in the position to be un-satistifed. For the love of God use your brain.

Message 36 of 94 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Like i said on the other thread, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma( third in the series) is going to have 20 characters too and i don't see anyone complaining about, hell the first blazblue only had 12 and people still liked it.

Message 37 of 94 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 29, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

This greateful / ungrateful **bleep** needs to stop. If really there are only 20 characters, this game is not worth buying. Not only because it's a small roster, but also because it's formed by god-awful characters like Donte, Fat Princess, Evil Cole... I really hope this isn't true. Superbot should say something, and the fact that they shut up doesn't please me, the CONSUMER.

Fanboys who think they're more mature because they accept ANYTHING are just blatant idiots. If Brawl didn't have some characters I would have say the same thing, and I wasn't 100% satisfied anyway. Ungrateful? I PAY FOR **bleep**'S SAKE. I give money to them, you're all just retarded if you think that doesn't put me in the position to be un-satistifed. For the love of God use your brain.

For the love of God use YOUR brain.

It's SB's first game. They're trying to make a game for the fans and the fans are whining like the little girls they are.

We who accept what PSASBR is now are not little girls who whine.

If you are unsatisfied, I got a liitle tip for you.

There is a little red X at the top-right corner of your screen. Click it and never come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 38 of 94 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I personally think the roster is good, (they are all unique) but a little more characters would be great.

Not complaining, I'm just critisizing the game in a respectful way. They already have two of my most favorite characters I'm fine with game right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 39 of 94 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 29, 2012

WarriorofWinds94 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

For the love of God use YOUR brain.

It's SB's first game. They're trying to make a game for the fans and the fans are whining like the little girls they are.

We who accept what PSASBR is now are not little girls who whine.

If you are unsatisfied, I got a liitle tip for you.

There is a little red X at the top-right corner of your screen. Click it and never come back.

Yeah ok, always the nazi-like reaction. Guess what I say whatever I want, it's a free board. Sorry.

Anyway, it's funny that you say "It's a game for the fans" and EVERYTHING the fans wanted, whereas Spyro, Crash, Cloud, Lara Croft, Snake, is not in. Really funny. Again, you'll accept anything this game offers even if it's **bleep**, because you have no taste. You just enjoy the fact that Sony now has a game that competes with Smash Bros., and you can say it's better because it is. No real Sony fan would be completely pleased by this game, it's impossible. And to the guy who's going to answer "I am pleased lol" he probably played 3/4 games in his entire life. Because this game without some of the characters I said, it's not good. Simple as that.

Message 40 of 94 (75 Views)
0 Likes