Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Re: What's wrong with 20 characters?

Sep 29, 2012

Even though I don't have much of a problem with the roster, I can tell where all this anger is coming from. SuperBot favoring Big Daddy and (DMC) Dante over more deserving first party characters such as Kat, Wander, or anyone from Resistance is quite unnerving.

The Party Panda.png

Message 91 of 94 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
That's the response I expected, and the one I can understand. Too many people are taking the roster at face value of a number, when the real complaint SHOULD be, if anything, exactly what you said.

However, for the sake of being safer with the characters you named, I'd replace "Crash" with Wander, and "Spyro" with another first party/easy-to-get character so that nobody could argue that maybe they weren't able to get the third party characters that you named. That's really only for argument's sake, though.

Ignore my second statement please. I think I misunderstood you, I thought you wanted a bigger roster bu you were just settling for what SB gave you. If you don't care about the characters at all tan I wasn't talking about you. Also I think that the roster shouldn't be satisfactory because of how much potential this game has. I would hate to see such a wonderful looking game with such pontential to have a satisfactory roster.

I knew your initial statement wasn't aimed at me, but the way you said it made it seem like anybody that accepted the current situation was a moron, which is why I felt forced to respond.  As for the second statement, I think if SuperBot nails the gameplay, I'm not nearly worried about how mediocre the roster choices are.  If this were a shameless Smash clone, believe me I'd agree, but it spent probably a year tweaking a system that works and is unique to it.  I do respect that you're not one of the people that's just bashing the game for no reason, but you're pointing out things that irk you about a game you seem to care about, though.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 92 of 94 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
That's the response I expected, and the one I can understand. Too many people are taking the roster at face value of a number, when the real complaint SHOULD be, if anything, exactly what you said.

However, for the sake of being safer with the characters you named, I'd replace "Crash" with Wander, and "Spyro" with another first party/easy-to-get character so that nobody could argue that maybe they weren't able to get the third party characters that you named. That's really only for argument's sake, though.

Ignore my second statement please. I think I misunderstood you, I thought you wanted a bigger roster bu you were just settling for what SB gave you. If you don't care about the characters at all tan I wasn't talking about you. Also I think that the roster shouldn't be satisfactory because of how much potential this game has. I would hate to see such a wonderful looking game with such pontential to have a satisfactory roster.

I knew your initial statement wasn't aimed at me, but the way you said it made it seem like anybody that accepted the current situation was a moron, which is why I felt forced to respond.  As for the second statement, I think if SuperBot nails the gameplay, I'm not nearly worried about how mediocre the roster choices are.  If this were a shameless Smash clone, believe me I'd agree, but it spent probably a year tweaking a system that works and is unique to it.  I do respect that you're not one of the people that's just bashing the game for no reason, but you're pointing out things that irk you about a game you seem to care about, though.

Sorry if came off that way. I just think that SB could do so much better. Characters like crash or spyro I understand why they maybe wouldn't be in the game but not having a single jrpg character, not having wander, and not having Kat just seemed wrong. Not having a jrpg character seemed like a slap in the face because they pretty much made Sony where they were today.

Message 93 of 94 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I can definitely understand that standpoint. If 20 is where it ends, we can only really hope they finish it up with DLC. As much as some people may not like the concept of having to pay for some of the deserving characters, that may be the only way to play them at all until the sequel in 2-6 years (pending the release cycle they want to go by).
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 94 of 94 (44 Views)
0 Likes