Dec 13 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

What's up with Nariko?

9 replies 258 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the charecter and I believe superbot gave her a unique moveset but at the same time what's up with this moveset??? the control sceme is combos on square, melee tricks on triangle (sword grab, upper sweep, counter, etc) and her circle is pretty much special attacks and projectiles (missle, hat throw, sword slam) 

My problem is with this moveset is the combo button primarily. THERE IS A HUGE GAP!!!! people can literaly start blocking in my my combos!! (Nariko users If I'm doing something wrong please comment I would like how to learn how to combo properly), further more where is the 3 stance system??????

I played heavenly sword and I know for a fact that nariko is all about swapping between, speed, power, and range. This combo button ditches that completely. I am not one to critisize superbot because they did an excellent job on making every other charecter feel as if you're playing them from theirown game but why change nariko? why not have square to speed combos and triangle perform power combos and circle perform range combos?? why not tie these together with weaknesses like in her game (Speed only good for comboing a single person, power fairly slow, and range wide but fairly weak?). I do enjoy nariko with this current moveset to a degree but does anyone else feel that this nariko kinda ditches the format that made her famous?

Message 1 of 10 (258 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: What's up with Nariko?

Dec 13, 2012
They stayed true to her key stances, I agree that they get a bit to much time though. They should have a split second to dodge or block because right now people escape them really easily.
Message 2 of 10 (235 Views)
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 13, 2012
It would be kinda interesting if different buttons were her different stances, but I never played heavenly sword so it doesn't bother me as much.

It would be nice if at least the quick stance combo had no way of escape, allowing at least one more stance combo guaranteed. As it is, I just roll away instead of trying another combo to reduce risk.
Message 3 of 10 (224 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 13, 2012

When I play as Nariko, I have to keep an eye out for people who know when to get out of the way when I combo. YOu can take advantage of them doing this when you know they are going to  try and get out of the way.

Message 4 of 10 (222 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 13, 2012
I played Heavenly Sword great game I recommend it especially since its like 10 bucks now. I can see why they didn't map speed, range, and power to different buttons it just would have been hard to do for a game like this. I'm fine with her key stances as there true to the game, but people get to much time to escape. She has combos that will connect, but in FFA you will almost always get stopped by someone else, in 2v2 if your partner keeps one person distracted you can hit them.
Message 5 of 10 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Dec 13, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the charecter and I believe superbot gave her a unique moveset but at the same time what's up with this moveset??? the control sceme is combos on square, melee tricks on triangle (sword grab, upper sweep, counter, etc) and her circle is pretty much special attacks and projectiles (missle, hat throw, sword slam) 

My problem is with this moveset is the combo button primarily. THERE IS A HUGE GAP!!!! people can literaly start blocking in my my combos!! (Nariko users If I'm doing something wrong please comment I would like how to learn how to combo properly), further more where is the 3 stance system??????

I played heavenly sword and I know for a fact that nariko is all about swapping between, speed, power, and range. This combo button ditches that completely. I am not one to critisize superbot because they did an excellent job on making every other charecter feel as if you're playing them from theirown game but why change nariko? why not have square to speed combos and triangle perform power combos and circle perform range combos?? why not tie these together with weaknesses like in her game (Speed only good for comboing a single person, power fairly slow, and range wide but fairly weak?). I do enjoy nariko with this current moveset to a degree but does anyone else feel that this nariko kinda ditches the format that made her famous?

Same here dude, I'm a 999 Nariko and I can tell you numerous times that poeple block within my combos. I wish that they could make it like a spilt second to avoid or dodge her attack because, in some ways it's an unfair advantage because people can literally tell when you are about to do a combo.

Message 6 of 10 (193 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 13, 2012
You have to do combos that aren't just "square square square" like a lot of characters.
Message 7 of 10 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5740 posts

Dec 13, 2012
She definitely got a different system going through her key poses. You gotta get creative with her. Check out YouTube for some of her combos. If you're good with her, she can be devastating.

Message 8 of 10 (173 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Her most damaging combos does involve "square square square" Smiley Happy At least the ones shown on youtube, where she gets insane amounts doing different moves into each other(not square square square).
But they're most tricky.
Message 9 of 10 (153 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5740 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Most of her combos involve start off with her in the air and down triangle, or on the ground and down square. Juggling is something she's great at. She's got a 210 ap combo that I was only able to hit once or twice. Her square square square isn't really so much a combo, as it leads to a key pose, where you can then go into something else, or jump, dodge, etc. I like to hit counter after doing the triple square ad the opponent usually tries to attack after the third square. You can also follow up with another triple square after the counter, even if the counter doesn't hit. This is the point where you pretty much have to start mixing it up with her. You can maybe follow with a forward square square then counter, or maybe an up triangle to launch them into a combo. Best thing to remember about Nariko, is to try to be as random as possible.

Here are a couple of vids showing what Nariko can do:

Vid 1

Vid 2

Message 10 of 10 (149 Views)