Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: What's Your Fighting Style?

Oct 6, 2012
At the moment, im not sure. I like the unconventional characters. In SSBB, I ran Ganondorf as my main because I liked the way he looked and played. I got criticized because he was slower than caption falcon but it didn't matter because for me he fit the way I wanted to play.

But that's not to say I like slow characters. Just ones that aren't really expected. I ran C. Viper in SF4 before everyone realized what a monster she really was and called her a low priority low tier character. I run a team of Vergil (rapid slash), Hulk (gamma wave), and Super Skrull (stone smite) in Marvel, not for tiers, but because they're tricky together. Teleport mix-ups, ambiguous overheads, stone smite and meteor smash feints, command grabs on block (times tho) all make for excellent mind games and I play that way because it's funny to me.

With that in mind, I'd probably run Sackboy, Sir Dan or Big Daddy. All of them have their share of tricks and mind games, especially Sackboy and Sir Dan with their unconventional and somewhat ambiguous attacks (Sir Dan doesn't spin his whole body, just his flipping Torso!) and Big Daddy has his share of tricks, especially if plasmids can be charged.

This is all just considering the current roster and subject to change if Kat and Wander are in (and represented the way I think/hope they will be)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7859 posts

Oct 6, 2012

FroZiiiN wrote:

fast in and out character with lots of mxups and z good zomning character... was snake/sonic/marth in brawl... also if you dont block/dodge sometimes ur a scrub lol... even the most offensive characters need to.... dont just throw out attacks cuz u can... sometimes its not safe to and u need to block... fif u cant see that plz u need to learn... no offense

You misinterpreted what I said. I'm far from incapable of blocking and dodging, but the way I play in a free-for-all type of setup usually doesn't result in me needing to very often. Plus, there are plenty of characters in SSB (and presumably PASBR) that just aren't cut out for the up close and personal dodge-and-roll dances that you see a lot. Being quick and mobile can be just as effective as dodging and rolling. :smileywink:

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
882 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I'm all about having options for every situation....i like fancy combos, great offensive and defensive options......I'll be switching between dante, nariko, raiden, and evil cole

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6391 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I am really situational when it comes to fighting games. I usually find either heavy hitting or flying around the stag but not speedsters type characters, but it is also random for me. The only type of characters I don't like are the longarm type (Dhalism)
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6391 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Sorry for double post but most likely Sir Dan and Fat Princess and maybe Big Daddy and Evil Cole, but I really want to learn Jak & Daxter, Sackboy, and Spike.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I like to play as fast characters and fight close range, raiden is the character for me. Plus, he's badass.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I'm a jack of all trades or I don't really have a style I just "do" things. However I really enjoys playing as Sweet Tooth and PaRappa. I really want to try out Raiden, Nariko, and Big Daddy and out of those I really lean toward Nariko.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 6, 2012

i really like mobility in my characters. If the character is not mobile, I will not likely play that character.

I like to be able to get from one part of the space to another and I always want to know where I'm at so I tend to love dodging and rolling. I feel best when that type of stuff requires timing so it gives me joy to avoid other people's hits (and in this game's case supers)

It's why I love Fat Princess and why I'm digging Jak and Daxter. 

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 6, 2012

But I also have to say that in a crossover game like this, character loyalty means a lot as well. In MvC3 I learned how  to play Viewtiful Joe because I love his character. It took a ton of time, but I got really good with him. In this game, if Wander is announced, I will have to play as him because I love Wander.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 6, 2012

II am the type of person who gravitates towards characters that meet my unorthodox rushdown playstyle Toro, Sackboy, and Drake appear to be my style atm

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (52 Views)
0 Likes