Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: Weidleface PlayStation MVP 7859 posts

What's Your Fighting Style?

24 replies 365 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

With each of the PASBR characters having a unique playing style, picking who you're going to main may be a difficult task. What I want to do with this topic is look at how everyone here approaches playing a game like SSB or PASBR. That being said, I don't want this to become a "Who Will You Main" discussion, but WHY you will main them, or what you would like to see in a potential character to match your style of play.

Personally, I need a quick character who can get in and out of a situation immediately after doing some damage. I don't take the dodge/roll/dance around route, but instead I'm constantly jumping around trying to catch the other players off guard. In SSB, I primarily mained Pikachu (and Young Link in Melee). Pikachu is the epitome of what I like to do in a big brawler. Devastating, potentially stage-clearing attacks, and the ability to get out of a sticky situation immediately. Not a hige arsenal of mega attacks, but just one or two to compliment the little bits of damage he does here and there while zipping around the map.

When it comes to PASBR, at this point I think I'll be maining Sly. A lot of folks are turned off by the fact that he can't block, but that just makes him all the more exciting for me. He's fast, sneaky, and can bust  up a group with a big attack and then promptly slip into the shadows. Of course, I have yet to play the game for myself, so all I'm going off of are gameplay videos.

So, let's hear it! What kind of a fighter are you?

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Re: What's Your Fighting Style?

Oct 6, 2012
Reckless. I never block or dodge in any fighting game. I just beat the s**t out of everyone. If works though! =P
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (354 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I always prefer the bruser. They big slow guys are hard to play as, and the require a ton of timing and skill to be viable. So no one plays them, thus no one knows how to play against them.

So ya, ill be maining big daddy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Im a violent opportunest. I use blocks and evades, and mostly prefer beating the crap out of everyone to fancy combos. Im still going to do fancy combos with raiden though :3

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Oct 6, 2012

My style has always been around high risk, high reward...

Ike from brawl...

Dudley from ssf4 ae

I like to get in and stay in then murder them up close for as long as possible.

I tend to main the slow characters that can seem quick. I have eyes on sir dan but i'm afraid of his weak super 1 and super 2.

I'm also looking at nariko.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

fast in and out character with lots of mxups and z good zomning character... was snake/sonic/marth in brawl... also if you dont block/dodge sometimes ur a scrub lol... even the most offensive characters need to.... dont just throw out attacks cuz u can... sometimes its not safe to and u need to block... fif u cant see that plz u need to learn... no offense

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1358 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I evade and hit hard. I prefer to power through the mess to control the tide.

Sir Dan's who I'm maining!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Oct 6, 2012
My weakness is my inability to block when i need it most in other fighting games and in this one but when im in my zone i can rack up a good chunk of kills.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Oct 6, 2012

My fighting style is ranged.When I say ranged,I mean Ness and Lucas ranged.I predict I am going to main Spike.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I'm a quickster who likes to attack at the right time and is able to get out of the way when needed, I'm a fan of stealth, therefore Sly and if Snake is in the game, those are my main guys.

"Alright, lets blow stuff up!" - Sly Cooper

My Mains: Sly Cooper & Sackboy
My Subs: Ratchet & Clank, Sir Daniel, & Parappa
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (256 Views)
0 Likes