Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Re: What? no love for Prana Devil from The Unholy War?

Jul 9, 2012
Agreed!
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 21 of 37 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 9, 2012
Guest_1001, did you receive my movesets
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 22 of 37 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

halowars7 wrote:
Radec, symbolizes the enitre Killzone franchise, which has been on PS2,PSP, and PS3...What does Prana the Devil symbolize?

Radec symbolises "Killzone guy". That's it. He wasn't even in Killzone 1 and didn't he have a non-speaking cameo in Killzone 3 or something like that? And he looks exactly the same as every single random goon you gun down in that series, so while you could make the case that the Helghast are iconic, he himself is not. He's just one guy from an iconic species.

Also, who said anything about these characters "symbolising" anything? Since when has that been a criteria for being included in PSASBR? If they had to symbolise anything then what on Earth is PaRappa doing in the game (unless he's representative of all PS1 games, which is unlikely and a mistake if so)? You obviously think symbolism has something to do with popularity and if that was the case, then we might as well just put The Sims into the bloody game. They've been on PS2, PSP and PS3!

Omar Kendall himself said that being an interesting character to play as is a good reason to be in PSASBR. Prana Devil would be that. End of story.

Look, Radec is a symbol. He represents the Helghast, which is known to be specifically from the Killzone Franchise which is a hugely popular and award winning franchise. What does it matter if he looks the same as "every other" helghast running around. SuperBot choose specifically "Radec" for a reason and not "any other guy dressed up in a helghast costume". Therefore, he is Iconic. That's like saying Wario from the Mario universe is not iconic...

Popularity > Symbolism anyday, however for one thing to be popular it must be famous for something. Such as an idea, character, gameplay, mechanics, graphics,etc,etc. Omar is specifically looking for two things when he looks for a character to be in his game. 

1. Will this character fit into the roster, will he be able to fight, be an enjoyable experience to play as, fun moves, etc.

2. Is he popular? Do people know who he is, is he famous/symbolic, and can he represent a entire franchise? (Where the symbolic comes into play)

*Watch any videos about the game where someone asks Omar what the inspiration was for the game, and this is a gist of his answer in every video

Prana Devil in my opinion is not "iconic", I don't see him being a fun character to play as, and no he is not popular, famous or symbolic, as he will most likely not be in this game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 37 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 9, 2012
Have you played the Unholy War? if not than you can't say he doesn't seem fun to play as, plus popularity is one of the last things Omar said he looks for in characters, first being if they can offer something UNIQUE, plus what about Fat Princess? she was only in 1 game and isn't that popular, same goes for Prana Devil, only in 1 game and isn't that popular/well known. It also has been stated that EVERY character has as much of a chance at getting in the game as ANY character, so you can't just plain say "this character isn't gonna be in"
Message 24 of 37 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 9, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Have you played the Unholy War? if not than you can't say he doesn't seem fun to play as

Congradulations, you're an expert on a thing nobody cares about.

FYI, Fat Princess' game was popular enough to recieve several DLC updates and a PSP port. This thing meanwhile doesn't even warrant a re-release on the PSOne Classics collection. Speaking of which, the point is moot anyway: Sony has no ownership of this title, it was published by Crystal Dynamics, who were aquired by Eidos who were themselves aquired by Square Enix.

So you're basically asking this thing to beat out Cloud, Lara Croft or Sora. Hilarious prospect.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 25 of 37 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Negimafan wrote:

FYI, Fat Princess' game was popular enough to recieve several DLC updates and a PSP port. This thing meanwhile doesn't even warrant a re-release on the PSOne Classics collection. Speaking of which, the point is moot anyway: Sony has no ownership of this title, it was published by Crystal Dynamics, who were aquired by Eidos who were themselves aquired by Square Enix.

So you're basically asking this thing to beat out Cloud, Lara Croft or Sora. Hilarious prospect.

You seem to have missed the whole point of character discussions. I don't think Nikki and Fargas from Pandemonium will make it into the game but it's fun to imagine. mtjjrstccw1 didn't say Prana Devil WOULD be in the game, just that it would be cool if it was. That's what we're all doing, regardless of how popular the character is. Meanwhile, you took a quote of his about how fun the character was to play and took it to mean "this character will be in the game"? Bizarre.

And you actually think Sora has a chance of being in the game? Lol, that's cute. Still, it's not the worst one I've ever heard. Some people actually think Dart from Legend Of The Dragoon has a chance ...

Message 26 of 37 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 9, 2012
Honestly, why would Prana Devil have to BEAT out Cloud, Lara or Sora? why not have em all? and even if Prana Devil doesn't make the cut, why can't he be DLC?

Thanks for the backup btw Guest_1001
Message 27 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

Negimafan wrote:

You seem to have missed the whole point of character discussions. I don't think Nikki and Fargas from Pandemonium will make it into the game but it's fun to imagine. mtjjrstccw1 didn't say Prana Devil WOULD be in the game, just that it would be cool if it was. That's what we're all doing, regardless of how popular the character is. Meanwhile, you took a quote of his about how fun the character was to play and took it to mean "this character will be in the game"? Bizarre.

And you actually think Sora has a chance of being in the game? Lol, that's cute. Still, it's not the worst one I've ever heard. Some people actually think Dart from Legend Of The Dragoon has a chance ...

What? Last time I checked all those threads about Crash, Jak & Daxter,  Spyro, Cloud...the forum members made all those countless threads only because "it would be fun to imagine" Smiley LOL, I'm sorry, not trying to be mean or anything but are you serious?  In case you haven't noticed people make/create those threads because they want them to make the roster, not because it would be fun to imagine them in your head...Smiley Surprised

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 37 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Jul 9, 2012

I prefer someone else

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 29 of 37 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Want to know something funny? LoD was the best selling PSOne Classic the month it was released. And Sony actually owns it.

Isn't that something.

But hey, it's a free country; you're free to like all the bad games you want. Just don't pitch SuperBot to waste their time on giving them the time of day.

And if you want to bring up gameplay viability, Cloud wins by virtue existing in dozens of titles across several genres over more than a decade. Speaking of which, if Square were that involved, I'd take Gex or Aya Brea anyday.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 30 of 37 (76 Views)
0 Likes