Mar 24 2013
By: StarWarfanboy Splicer 44 posts

What new game mode do you want to see with the next update?

13 replies 278 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

The next DLC will be two characters but if they was to come out with a new game mode what would you like to see? I would like to see some type of survival. Or adventure mode. By that I mean that you will have the story mode but also some type of mini game.

Message 1 of 14 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: What new game mode do you want to see with the next update?

Mar 24, 2013
1v1
Message 2 of 14 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Free roam.

original.png

Message 3 of 14 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Mar 24, 2013
1v1 is a must.
I'd be cool with a survival mode, as long as it had co-op (With 2 people working together against countless enemies with only a set amount of lives). Actually, I kind of want that in now.
Free Roam seems impossible until a sequel IMO, as I can't really imagine it being much different from Practice Mode with less controls.

I'd also like a "King of the Hill" mode, where it's a 1v3, 1v2, or 1v1 fight. One person is considered the King (First person to get a kill), and is alone. While you're the King, you get points over time, like you'd captured a control point in an online game. Anyone who kills you will take your place, and then you must compete to get back as the King. First one to reach a set amount of points wins. Might need a different name, though.
Message 4 of 14 (253 Views)
Survivor
2413 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Spectator Mode

Calypso's Challenge [Survival Mode, comes with a TM stage]

God of Olympus [King of the Hill]

Capture-the-Jason [Capture the Flag, Side-scrolling Heavy Rain stage]

Gran Super Race [Get your level 3 before the others, comes with a Gran Turismo stage]

= = Every day is Kill la Kill day!! = =
Message 5 of 14 (235 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Mar 24, 2013

A sort of other team mode comes to mind. The match will look like a 2v2, but there will be teams of approximately 4-8 players. When the match starts two players from each team appear on the field. When a player dies, another player from his team will respawn. Players can also use up meter to tag in his teammate (how he comes out will vary per character and combos may be possible), or make his opponent switch with his teammate. If you have more meter though you can perform a super tag-in that allows you to trade places with your teammate, but when he comes in he performs a kill. If one of your teammates has meter in his reserve he can use an assist attack. The game types could still be the same, timed, stock, and kill limit, but there should be more time, stock, and kill limit. 

Message 6 of 14 (208 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Mar 24, 2013

1v1 and spectator mode are a must, but the other ideas in the thread arent too bad either

Message 7 of 14 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Mar 24, 2013
King of the Hill and survival sounds good too.
Message 8 of 14 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9919 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Honestly, the only game mode that I really want is a Theater mode. We should be able to watch the prologues, rival cutscenes, and epilogues after we beat a character's arcade mode.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 9 of 14 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Health Bar mode

King of the Hill

1V1

3V1, the lone player being super-powered.

Moveset trial, but online against other people. Everyone plays as the same character and whoever lands all that characters moves first wins.

A nice twist would be to have a random "mutation" activate during matches, things like everyone has a fish item at the start of a match, or match starts with everyone having unlimited level 1's. Or maybe even have a "VIP" randomly selected, kill this VIP to gain 4 points instead of 2.

Message 10 of 14 (139 Views)