Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: What is with the Spam!?

Dec 24, 2012

stop complain about spamming.. if you have skills you can win every match easy...  if you want a serius fighting game without spamming play something like Mortal Kombat , battle royale has everything for me its awesome but people spamming to win , if you learn how to block every move in the game you will stop have problems with spamming..

Message 21 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Cake was never a problem with me. I thought it was a legitimate strategy to Sackboy's arsenal. Not to spam cake, but the fact that cake was that good meant sackboy could lay the traps.

My point is, stop complaining. Work around it.

this is me helping
Message 22 of 28 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Repeating a combo isn't spamming. As soon as you said that you lost all respect for yelling at spammers. And because you reminded me, L2L1. To roll out of a grab you must roll away, you can grab through rolls if you attempt to go through the opponent behind them.
Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 23 of 28 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Mogilicudi wrote:
Repeating a combo isn't spamming. As soon as you said that you lost all respect for yelling at spammers. And because you reminded me, L2L1. To roll out of a grab you must roll away, you can grab through rolls if you attempt to go through the opponent behind them.

Yea, I was trying to think of something for Dante, and that was rly the best I could come up with. Most dante's I fight use only that combo. I'm happy when I see a dante that uses harder combos that gain more ap, or just simply tries new things. I decided to put it in the spam folder because dante has probably the steepest learning curve, and most decide not to learn this curve and go for the easy hit...over and over again

Message 24 of 28 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 24, 2012
If the opponent doesn't block then there really is no practical reason to not use an effective attack if the opponent simply doesn't block it. Why do you think there's a lot of Kratos side square spammers out there? Because there's a lot of players who don't block the attack so there's a balance.

The more people who block = Less spamming or less effective spamming

The less people who block = More spamming or more effective spamming
Message 25 of 28 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Are you kidding? The vast majority of Ratchet's I've run into just spam forward Triangle (his constructo pistol).

That sends you flying, giving you plenty of time to come up with another approach. The only spam I can't take is his Suck Cannon.

True, but that's not the issue. The issue is that 

1) It gets 30-40 AP for all 3 shots. Seems little, but when you consider how good his Level 1 is, it actually means a lot.

2) Has some pretty good range; Ratchet remains out of range of any counter in the game, which leads to 

3) The move has little cooldown, meaning even if you block it, you'd still need to close the gap between you & Ratchet. That gives him ample time to keep spamming or escape & spam somewhere else.

Today alone I've faced 3 Ratchets who just kept jumping around and spamming that move, then going to Level 1. Nobody could touch him because of the move's range.

I hope this doesn't become a trend...

Message 26 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Now that you mention it killa,

/spams ratchet

this is me helping
Message 27 of 28 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Plasmakirby wrote:

Heihachi: (forget the input) Once he gets his lv 1 he will constantly use that one hit into super or his counter

Not really a spam. Heihachi actually needs to do this. Other than that, it misses a lot so that wouldn't be a problem if Heihachi misses a lot against chars that can tear against him like Kratos, Raiden, and Dante. It's not even a great super unless you do that move.

You have to see the roster compared to a char that relies mostly on fighting (Square/Triangle - Punches/Kicks).

Drake, you have to avoid. You also forgot about his supers compared to others.

No one complains about Radec because many people found it easy to avoid (still annoying) & rather not mention it anymore.

Learn to p... Oh. Well, use L1 to... Oh, you mention that as well. You're really learning!

How about this one. Play Offline, no spam at all. Other than that option. You should hope that you kept your receipt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 28 of 28 (38 Views)
0 Likes