Splicer
52 posts

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

I wasn't really defending HIS specific opinion. I was defending people's opinion in general.

OH MY GOD. Seriously? You seriously are not understanding.
He didnt say "THIS GAME IS WAAAAAAAYYY BETTER THAN KILLZONE AND UNCHARTED AND EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE"

He DID-NOT say that. This means that this is not what he said. Those words did not come from his mouth.
Are you following me?

So for YOU to say

" i bet if you say smash bros is best than PASBR,crash sucks or anything that goes against the majority everyone will flame you and its the person's opinion so dont try and blame me on a forum that flames everyone for their own opinions really."

Is COMPLETELY irrelavent because like I stated before, Incase you already forgot, he did not SAY "PASBR is best than every other game in the world". He clearly said i THINK. THINK. THINKING implies one's personal thoughts which also implies opinon. Anyways, he said he THINKS its the best game ever. He wasn't flaming any other game, he simply just personally likes this game more than others. I don't understand why that offends you.

Goes agains the majority? Majority doesnt matter. If you base your opinion on majority, then that just means you are a bandwaggoner.

Man....this isn't even about PASBR anymore...this more about me trying to understand you. I really don't understand why my points continue to evade you. Like....Jesus...

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRAAAAAANCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 31 of 44 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Although this game is probably the greatest fighting game I've played, the game is more rewarding online ranking if you spam. I went two rounds as Sackboy, gaining +10 to my belt rating which got me up to 80 on my green belt because of how easy he is to boost his AP meter. I felt cheap, so I play as Toro, Sir Daniel, or Fat Princess... characters who are decently balanced and require more anticipation against characters like Kratos or Raiden. I lose terribly because I'm facing a Sly who spams his over triangle, a Kratos who spams his over square, and then the typical Raiden stunlock which 9/10 times gives Sly a free double kill. None of them go after each other and I spend majority of the time either running away from all 3 or kissing the ground. This happens nearly any round that I want to play the characters I feel are more experimental and fun.

After I lose I drop down by 15 belt score, which just gives me more incentive to not get better with characters who are countered easily and require more brain cells. I've wrote a  criticism about this and it was met with people who just say, "OH YOU NEED TO JUMP!" or "OH YOU NEED TO DODGE!"  or "OH STOP BEING SO BAD!" I've had many instances where I've tried this, I'm always  rolling, but when you have a short dodge range with Toro and you still end up in the AP finisher of Raiden, that advice is going to go nowhere. The game punishes those who want to play more than the 5 regulated "cheap" characters. There are obvious over powered characters in this game and it does need a good fixing, but that doesn't mean the company is a complete failure.

They're going to be a complete failure if they don't listen. This game hasn't fully run its course, but when there is no use playing ranked because I am so anxious about dropping down to blue that I shake even clicking tournament because I really want to just advance without being completely obliterated by the constant spamming of too many characters, that speaks volumes. At this point there is no use singling a character out because almost any character has a potential to spam, but some just gain more AP from it. Even harder characters to play, such as Jak, have found a way for me to just not enjoy seeing him on the roster.

The game will be out an entire week starting tomorrow, so all these issues AT THE MOMENT are completely acceptable and I just really, REALLY hope the developers start taking notes that this game isn't going to be fun when you spend 75% of the round in the air or stuck in a corner. On top of this, I don't really enjoy a lot of the unlockable content being handed to me. I would find it more enjoyable if the icons, backgrounds, and minions were from more than just the characters in this game. There are no references to Flow, Flower, or Journey. I hate how I unlock everything by simply leveling my characters. 14-16-24-35 etc, its a rather dull unlock system. Maybe getting a triple kill with Sir Daniel's level 1 AP meter, or getting a triple gravity lift off of Jak's up circle in ranked would be neat ways to unlock content.  It just feels like there was so much potential with each game's content that having one alloted list of icons, backgrounds, and minions feels a little... unimaginative and underwhelming when you've unlocked most of it day 1.

There needs to be a lot more content and a lot more fixes to keep this game's fanbase and online effort's afloat. BUT I wouldn't jump the gun right now, today, saying it should have been made by some company that has no experience in fighting games either. All this game needs is promise of a load more content then simply Kat and another shooter gun guy from another ho-hum series, and it needs to even things out. There are characters who are spammable and there are characters that can be admittably underpowered. It is rough around the edges, so lets cross our fingers that they listen.

Message 32 of 44 (90 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 26, 2012
SuperBot will definitely be looking into balance issues after a while,.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 33 of 44 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Nov 26, 2012
@captainbeardy

Been lurking around the forums for quite a while, and I'm glad someone finally said all that. you pretty much summed up everything I'd like to say
Message 34 of 44 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Nov 26, 2012

If they at least could give us a statement whether they are working on the problems or not. Right now it just seems like they don't care.

Message 35 of 44 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 26, 2012

This game has potential to be really good.  But there are a huge slew of things that make it much less so.  

Terrible menu design, for character select or even main menu.  

Horrid character balance along with horrible super balance

Team mates can mess up your combos/supers because for some reason they have mass while everything else in the game doesn't.  

Story mode is short, boring and has terrible dialogue. 

Online you can hardly stay connected, and when you are connected there's a great chance your ps3 will freeze.  

Spam is actually a thing that works well, I wouldn't be surprised if the top 10 or 20 people on the leaderboards just spam and spam and spam.  

Character change glitches

BS lag online, where you'll get grabbed if you roll or if you dodge a super it'll still hit you anyway.  

There's tons of content to unlock, but hell even that's not that great... most of the icons are SD images they googled and you can barely even tell what's in the icon itself and the backgrounds are just weird for most franchises.  

Message 36 of 44 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I keep hearing these things about online but this never happens to me lol
Message 37 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I lost 8 BP yesterday because of the other team rage quitting. Rage quitting is relatively aggravating to deal with, but to be punished for the other team quitting? I've never heard of such a thing getting through QA before. Still very fun, but the glitches need to go ASAP

Message 38 of 44 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Oh yeah, forgot about that, you can get unjustly punished for a multitude of things.
Message 39 of 44 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I just went into a match and instead of the character I chose, I spawned as Cole...

I love this game, but alot of the complaints concerning the bugs are very much justified...
Message 40 of 44 (30 Views)
0 Likes