Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/19/2009
Offline
1601 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

prst46 wrote:
I honestly think this is the best game i've ever played, and ive only been in a few matches online with glitches, but either way this game is amazing, and theyre going to patch most of the problems and add even more stages and characters, but even without all of that its great.

best game you ever played ? ouch. You must not play many games lol most of PASBR chars have stand alone games that were amazing and 10 times more polished than this game and i think every person can agree with me on this.

 


Not really. I have played literally thousands of games and collected PS1 games (somewhat on PS2) and I find this game at least decent with potential. They could have done "more" though, but I think they are just testing the waters, kind of like King of Fighters XII to King of Fighters XIII. XII had barely any features but XIII was huge.



JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester


Message 21 of 44 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
2538 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

I don't have the game yet, but hopefully I will soon, and I have to say, lurking these forums has taken away a lot of the anticipation I had. I'm still super pumped to play and I know my friends and I will love it just like we love ModNation Racers and LBP (I'll mostly play offline 4 player ffa), but seeing everyone complain about a game I was anticipating for a long time is scary if the issues are real. I'm not one who relies on the developers patching a game after it's released (especially a development team so new like SuperBot [new as in startup, not experience]). I always assume that what I buy is what I get so I hope that when I get this game, I don't feel like the people who decide to speak out on these forums, because a lot of you guys seem to have a bad experience with the game.

Granted most of the issues it looks like you guys have involve online play (which I wont do) and balance (which might not be an issue based on the fact that the game is still brand new. We will see how it evolves and how the telemetry[sp?] system works).

Message 22 of 44 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2012
Offline
2388 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012
This game is also up there with one of my favs, i realize that more could have been added but what I got is great gameplay and, for me anyway, a great online experience. There is such a thing as constructive criticism and all this negativity is just selfish whining. If you want a better game dont sound so entitled and rude, help them make a better game by giving them constructive feedback.
Message 23 of 44 (99 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
3716 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

TrashCrap wrote:

I don't have the game yet, but hopefully I will soon, and I have to say, lurking these forums has taken away a lot of the anticipation I had. I'm still super pumped to play and I know my friends and I will love it just like we love ModNation Racers and LBP (I'll mostly play offline 4 player ffa), but seeing everyone complain about a game I was anticipating for a long time is scary if the issues are real. I'm not one who relies on the developers patching a game after it's released (especially a development team so new like SuperBot [new as in startup, not experience]). I always assume that what I buy is what I get so I hope that when I get this game, I don't feel like the people who decide to speak out on these forums, because a lot of you guys seem to have a bad experience with the game.

Granted most of the issues it looks like you guys have involve online play (which I wont do) and balance (which might not be an issue based on the fact that the game is still brand new. We will see how it evolves and how the telemetry[sp?] system works).


if you won't do online play then you have nothing to worry about...

Play For Fun!
Message 24 of 44 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
2538 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

achus93again wrote:

if you won't do online play then you have nothing to worry about...


That's what I was hoping. I don't think my friends and I will be skilled enough to let minor balance issues break the game for us. Online has always been way more competitive in my experience (I dominate my friends in Tekken offline, but once I jump online... it's not pretty) so I can see how balance would be a huge issue. If it is a big issue for us, we can just ban the glaringly OP characters and/or base our character selection on someone who will counter them.

Message 25 of 44 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

iDrummer123 wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

so i guess every reviewer in the world is wrong  heck even playstation magazine gave it a 6 and dont start saying they were bias its playstation magazine for god's sake every metal gear game was much better than this one and killzone 2 online back in the day was the best online experience i ever had i never lagged and i saw all oponents , many diferent game modes  and so on this online is a mess right now lagg, sometimes you dont see all the oponents  and those intangible people are really game breaking and im not gonna talk about getting a random char you didnt choose in a FFA ranked match that makes you loose belt becuase you dont know that char combos very well.


Every reviewer in the world? This game has a 76 on Metacritic. That is above 75 which means its still in the greenzone meaning the game got decent or above decent reviews. Not to mentiont that this game got the most mixed reviews in the history of any game I'VE ever seen.

And it doesn't matter what you think. No one cares that you liked killzone 2 better than this game. The fact here is that HE thinks its the best game ever and you had to go and say something about to try to make him feel bad. And don't say that you weren't tyring to make him feel bad cause you obviously were. Its almost as if you can't stand that he really likes the game. Why does it matter to you? When someone really likes a game, it doesnt matter if that game got terrible reviews, because when it comes down to it, reviews are and always will be glorified opinions.

My main point is, stop trying to imply that your own opinon applies to everyone else's. Its just egocentric and ignorant. I am not calling you egocentric or ignorant, but people that do what you did usually are.


Most reviews of this game are 7-8  atleast from what i have seen not that mixed sure that 6 by playstation magazine was low.

 

I never said i liked killzone 2 better than this game i said the online was epic and the leveling of the classes were preety neat you actually unlocked stuff that mattered  i never said PASBR was a bad game its a decent game but calling the best game ever played its just wrong imo  its like saying every uncharted ,GOW,MGS just to name afew are worse than this game , the game has potencial but right now its not that great and they could have fixed the glitch of random char when going online  it was reported  since the first singapure beta wich was months ago and they couldnt fix it? like most people already stated this game looks rushed altough they had 2-3 years for development and  the only things that took them time were chars and stages since those background,titles and icons were just lazzy unlocks,this game has potencial but im not gonna say its an amazing game,  fro me its an okay game have i played worse yes , have a played better yes,

 

Also normaly the game sales are the best when the game comes out if he doesnt get boosted sales on the first or second week its gonna be bad for a sequel,DLC and SB.

 

Message 26 of 44 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/25/2012
Offline
78 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

its because this game turned out to be a bad sn title that was made for a quick buck and is NOT being fixed. ANd this game is incredibly unbalanced and lacking in content and MISSING content

Message 27 of 44 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 01/20/2010
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

The game is very good and I'll be getting into it as competitively as I can.  There is a lot more depth here than smash brothers and it's a lot more fun than generic fighters like sf/mvc3.  The game is great like I said however it is missing a lot of pop and frills such as collectibles/multiple modes/more costumes. Hopefully they get a sequel into the works and can approve upon that.  If your characters are going to be cap at 999... you need to have more rewards for that.  RP for the sake of RP is lame.

BuchNasty Trophy Card
Message 28 of 44 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/16/2012
Offline
52 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

iDrummer123 wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

so i guess every reviewer in the world is wrong  heck even playstation magazine gave it a 6 and dont start saying they were bias its playstation magazine for god's sake every metal gear game was much better than this one and killzone 2 online back in the day was the best online experience i ever had i never lagged and i saw all oponents , many diferent game modes  and so on this online is a mess right now lagg, sometimes you dont see all the oponents  and those intangible people are really game breaking and im not gonna talk about getting a random char you didnt choose in a FFA ranked match that makes you loose belt becuase you dont know that char combos very well.


Every reviewer in the world? This game has a 76 on Metacritic. That is above 75 which means its still in the greenzone meaning the game got decent or above decent reviews. Not to mentiont that this game got the most mixed reviews in the history of any game I'VE ever seen.

And it doesn't matter what you think. No one cares that you liked killzone 2 better than this game. The fact here is that HE thinks its the best game ever and you had to go and say something about to try to make him feel bad. And don't say that you weren't tyring to make him feel bad cause you obviously were. Its almost as if you can't stand that he really likes the game. Why does it matter to you? When someone really likes a game, it doesnt matter if that game got terrible reviews, because when it comes down to it, reviews are and always will be glorified opinions.

My main point is, stop trying to imply that your own opinon applies to everyone else's. Its just egocentric and ignorant. I am not calling you egocentric or ignorant, but people that do what you did usually are.


Most reviews of this game are 7-8  atleast from what i have seen not that mixed sure that 6 by playstation magazine was low.

 

I never said i liked killzone 2 better than this game i said the online was epic and the leveling of the classes were preety neat you actually unlocked stuff that mattered  i never said PASBR was a bad game its a decent game but calling the best game ever played its just wrong imo  its like saying every uncharted ,GOW,MGS just to name afew are worse than this game , the game has potencial but right now its not that great and they could have fixed the glitch of random char when going online  it was reported  since the first singapure beta wich was months ago and they couldnt fix it? like most people already stated this game looks rushed altough they had 2-3 years for development and  the only things that took them time were chars and stages since those background,titles and icons were just lazzy unlocks,this game has potencial but im not gonna say its an amazing game,  fro me its an okay game have i played worse yes , have a played better yes,

 

Also normaly the game sales are the best when the game comes out if he doesnt get boosted sales on the first or second week its gonna be bad for a sequel,DLC and SB.

 


Calling it the best game ever is wrong? NO, thats the thing. It ISNT wrong to call it the best game ever. I don't think you understand the concept of opinion and that is ironic since you used "imo". He clearly said "I think its the best game ever". He said HE thinks. Me personally, I don't think its the best game ever. I do however think its one of the best games I have played this year. Infact, its the second best game I have played this year next to borderlands 2. Point is, Just because I don't think its the best game ever, does not mean I have the right to tell him what he should think. You seem to have misunderstood him to say he thinks this game is better than every other game. He didn't say that, he said "I THINK its the best game ever".

Another thing, stop comparing this game to shooter games like Killzone.  I know I did, but it really is not the same thing at all. To compare an online shooter and a brawler is just wrong.

Let me re-state my point since you seem to keep missing it. Respect the opinion of others. If you don't like some one else's opinion, then just keep scrolling.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRAAAAAANCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 29 of 44 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: What is with all the negativity???

Nov 26, 2012

iDrummer123 shoudlnt he be the one defending his opinion and not you?

 

Alright  everyone has its own opinion but i bet if you say smash bros is best than PASBR,crash sucks or anything that goes against the majority everyone will flame you and its the person's opinion so dont try and blame me on a forum that flames everyone for their own opinions really.

Message 30 of 44 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes