Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: What is this?

Oct 22, 2012
Suddenly I get the feeling that any remaining characters will end up as pre-order DLC now.
Message 21 of 24 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Because that is SUPER misleading. The point of marketing is stretching it a little bit to where it's still true but also can be interpretted in a way that benifits the product. 20+ paints the picture there are a few more characters. 40+ paints an entirely different picture. You buy a game with the asusmption there are 40+ characters and you only get 20, you're going to be one incredibly upset consumer. You think you'll get 20+ and only get 20... Less upset.

There is also the fact, that has been stated many many times, that there are DLC characters. We know this as a fact. So any media stating 20+ characters isn't false. Now when these promotions state there are 20+ characters on disck. We have an arguement in your favor.

And let's not forget that many guides do factor in DLC. Soul Calibur 5's guide had all the DLC characters included in the guide. The guide may get the scoop on who these DLC characters are.

Message 22 of 24 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Because that is SUPER misleading. The point of marketing is stretching it a little bit to where it's still true but also can be interpretted in a way that benifits the product. 20+ paints the picture there are a few more characters. 40+ paints an entirely different picture. You buy a game with the asusmption there are 40+ characters and you only get 20, you're going to be one incredibly upset consumer. You think you'll get 20+ and only get 20... Less upset.

There is also the fact, that has been stated many many times, that there are DLC characters. We know this as a fact. So any media stating 20+ characters isn't false. Now when these promotions state there are 20+ characters on disck. We have an arguement in your favor.

And let's not forget that many guides do factor in DLC. Soul Calibur 5's guide had all the DLC characters included in the guide. The guide may get the scoop on who these DLC characters are.

I think you skimmed over my post. I'm arguing against those who say the "over 20" denotes playable AND non-playable characters. Of course they wouldn't say "over 40" for a game with only 20 playable characters, what do you take me for? haha.

My point is that "over 40" would make sense if it was shown to encapsulate playable and non-playable characters i.e. "...The game features over 40 playable and non-playable characters from playstation history." THAT would make sense.

Saying "over 20" and intending it to include pcs and npcs doesn't make sense because of how many npcs there are in the game; over 20 suggests an amount in the range of 20-29, which falls under the total amount of characters (playable and non-playable) in the game. This leads me to believe that "over 20" does indeed relate to the actual playable roster.

BUT. Who knows really? I'm happy to wait.

Message 23 of 24 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Oct 23, 2012
MOTHER OF F*CKING CHRIST!!! OMAR SID ONLY 20 CHARACTERS AND NOW WE GET THIS???? YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M NOT BELIEVING ANYONE NOT EVEN SUPERBOT UNTIL THE GAME OFFICIALLY COMES OUT! PERIOD!!
Message 24 of 24 (29 Views)
0 Likes