Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Re: What if we got Lara Croft, but the new one?

Dec 2, 2012

King_Hope007 wrote:
As long as Lara is in the game, I wouldn't care it was New or Classic her.( Same goes with Crash and Spyro )

that's the spirit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 86 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Dec 2, 2012
The thing about Lara Croft is that the developers have said on more than one occasion to forget everything you knew about Lara Croft. They are also heavily trying to break away from the old Lara Croft as well. The way I see it is, The developers are throwing away Lara Croft's history and past and is trying to build a new Lara on the old one's grave. I was expecting the fans to do the same. As for Dante, Capcom is not throwing away old Dante, just trying something new.
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 86 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

@noc

I haven't played much Resident Evil, and even I know that distinction is wrong, but given that 'logic', I know Lara's history better than you and therefore she should be included, end of discussion? :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 86 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 3, 2012

bg-whookid wrote:
The thing about Lara Croft is that the developers have said on more than one occasion to forget everything you knew about Lara Croft. They are also heavily trying to break away from the old Lara Croft as well. The way I see it is, The developers are throwing away Lara Croft's history and past and is trying to build a new Lara on the old one's grave. I was expecting the fans to do the same. As for Dante, Capcom is not throwing away old Dante, just trying something new.

^This^

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 86 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

bg-whookid wrote:

^This^

Bingo. This guy pretty much nailed it. Even though I never was one to give a single **bleep** about reboots. The new Dante is fine with me, and I had played and own the first 3 DMC Games. Never played 4 though :smileysad: I heard that Dante gets a personality change in the game. Like he becomes way arrogant or somthing? But to be honest, the fans don't care at all about his personality or dialogue. I swear they would be supporting the game 100% if they renamed the game DmC 5 and gave him back his red coat and white hair. And as for Lara.... I wasn't a major Tomb Raider fan so I wouldn't know too much about how the old one was. But the new one looks epic. It seems as mentioned in the quoted post above, that they do want to completely remake the franchise as the new Lara seems almost completely different from the old one. But I will gladly say I will be buying Tomb Raider Final Hours Edition upon release. Square Enix has yet to fail me (KH, FF, Hitman) so I'm sure that they are gonna do an amazing job bringing back one of the most legendary characters in gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 86 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

bg-whookid wrote:

^This^

Bingo. This guy pretty much nailed it. Even though I never was one to give a single **bleep** about reboots. The new Dante is fine with me, and I had played and own the first 3 DMC Games. Never played 4 though :smileysad: I heard that Dante gets a personality change in the game. Like he becomes way arrogant or somthing? But to be honest, the fans don't care at all about his personality or dialogue. I swear they would be supporting the game 100% if they renamed the game DmC 5 and gave him back his red coat and white hair. And as for Lara.... I wasn't a major Tomb Raider fan so I wouldn't know too much about how the old one was. But the new one looks epic. It seems as mentioned in the quoted post above, that they do want to completely remake the franchise as the new Lara seems almost completely different from the old one. But I will gladly say I will be buying Tomb Raider Final Hours Edition upon release. Square Enix has yet to fail me (KH, FF, Hitman) so I'm sure that they are gonna do an amazing job bringing back one of the most legendary characters in gaming.

He doesn't get a personallity change in 4, he has always been arrogant.  Although he does get a personallity change in DMC2 and is far less arrogant and more organized.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 86 (69 Views)
0 Likes