Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: What if we got Lara Croft, but the new one?

Dec 2, 2012
ha, I'm done with this argument now. I sold my copy of God Of War within days of purchase because I thought it was a bad game and didn't enjoy it, but I can say without any doubt that Kratos should be in All-Stars. My thinking God Of War is a bad game is not a valid reason to exclude him.

You refuse to look at this objectively and are just too stubborn not to admit that Lara deserves a spot even by her name alone. I feel I've proven my point. Lara may never be included in Playstation All-Stars or even ever recapture her Playstation roots but her legacy will always survive and her position in gaming history will rarely be matched.
Message 71 of 86 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Raiden's representing MGS.

Also Noc, that would only be the case for those with both a 360 & a PS3. If they have only a PS3, they won't say 'gotta buy a 360 for Tomb Raider' or 'eff it, this games made for 360'.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 72 of 86 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Dec 2, 2012

jamcakes wrote:
ha, I'm done with this argument now. I sold my copy of God Of War within days of purchase because I thought it was a bad game and didn't enjoy it, but I can say without any doubt that Kratos should be in All-Stars. My thinking God Of War is a bad game is not a valid reason to exclude him.

You refuse to look at this objectively and are just too stubborn not to admit that Lara deserves a spot even by her name alone. I feel I've proven my point. Lara may never be included in Playstation All-Stars or even ever recapture her Playstation roots but her legacy will always survive and her position in gaming history will rarely be matched.

noc probably thinks Ada Wong should be in this game over Lara Croft. Poor guy...

Message 73 of 86 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

jamcakes wrote:
I agree with you that only a small margin of gamers today would appreciate the PSOne history, though I'm sure a great deal of gamers today would know what a PSOne was - I'm not sure how this argument is relevant considering Parappa was included. Do you think that Parappa's relatively distant roots aren't as much of a problem as Lara's because he is undeniably a safe, uncomplicated Playstation character? I could understand that, but it seems a real shame that the roster is largely made up of what they 'could' get rather than what they 'should' have got.

That said, I'm glad in some ways as I doubt Sir Daniel would have been given as much attention if they actually had access to every character they considered worthy of a spot, Playstation exclusive or not.

Parappa was on the PS2 as an exclusive and Sir Dan was on the PSP.  Everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is.  There's a difference of being know for being Exclusive on the PS2 and PSP and being known for having too many terrible mulitplatform games since the PS2 days.

I don't see how the quality of the games matters. I thought MediEvil: Resurrection was a bad game, but still feel he deserves a spot because of his legacy on Playstation. For me personally, whether she was multiplatform or not makes no difference - Tomb Raider in comparison has been both popular and consistent in sales. If 'everyone knows what a PS2 and a PSP is' then they will know exactly who Lara Croft is, but from here we disagree on how important her multiplatform activity as of late is when considering her inclusion as a Playstation All-Star. I think her Playstation 1 legacy (and the fact that Playstation is the only platform which is home to every major Tomb Raider release) is enough to merit her inclusion, I'm sure many think otherwise.

You're gonna need more than PSOne love to get it, you need a legacy that has matched its beginnings.  No one cares about Lara Coft anymore and they didn't care about her during the Tomb Raider movies.  Everyone cared about Angelina Jolie, for taht brief moment Tomb Raider popular in pop-culture not because it was any good but because the lead actor was hot.  Since the PSOne Tomb Raider has fallen.  It has been conistent with low sales as of lately.  Like I said the revival being backed by Microsoft kinda throws out here PSOne legacy and replaces it with a new start with Microsoft support.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong. I've never played a single Tomb Raider game and Lara should be in this game because she is THAT iconic and I think of the PSone when I think of Lara Croft. That and the pair of movies she inspired. She's one of the biggest video game characters of all time and helped define the PSone to the point of even people who haven't played her games know who she is.

You're on a PlayStation forum so you should know about Tomb Raider 1 exclusively for the PSOne.  You should also know about Tomb Raider 2 and 3 mulitplatform for the PSOne and N64 and I'm pretty sure for the SEGA Saturn as well.  If anything I see Nintendo buying this character for the next Smash to compete with Nathan Drake's inclusion of this game.

I'm not here just because its a Playstation forum. I'm here because its the official PSASBR forum and that doesn't mean I should know anything about Tomb Raider, but because I happen to know of Lara Croft I can atest to how well known she is. But alas you deflect anyone's criticism without providing any good counterpoints worth considering.

I'm claiming just as much as the other person, there a difference between deflecting cirticism without a point and agreeing with criticism that makes sense.  Although they're just basically grasping at straw saying the first Tomb Raider has relevence to the revival that will make Microsoft more money.

Message 74 of 86 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

noc probably thinks Ada Wong should be in this game over Lara Croft. Poor guy...

Well, she is a better character and the games she's in are generally good which as all of them.  That being said their also always better and more popular on PS consoles.

Message 75 of 86 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Raiden's representing MGS.

Exactly. MGS is multiplat now, but you just can't deny that it's a Playstation franchise. 

Doesn't matter how much Microsoft is trying to push the new Tomb Raider game. They can't erase the franchise's legacy as a Playstation classic, and they couldn't do that for Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, or Tekken either. All multiplats now, but still more Playstation than anything else.

Message 76 of 86 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

haha, is it bad that I didn't know who Ada Wong was? I had to google, when I think of Resident Evil I immediately think of Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield. Come on, at least Lara Croft stars in her own game. That comparison isn't even worth going into, it would just border on silly! ;D

Message 77 of 86 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 2, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

Despite what crystal dynamics says, square enix has the final say.  Now we all know that Sony has been talking to Square enix about a final fantasty character and are probably still negotiating with them.  Square could very well give lara over as a way to advertise the new tomb raider.  The new tomb raider game comes out in the middle of march so if lara is ever going to be in allstars, she would probably show up for download at the begining of march or late febuary.  After that window, i'd say her chances are pretty much nil

How do we know Sony and Square are talking about a Final Fantasy character? For all we know SE could have given Sony the middle finger and just ended the chance of getting any Square rep years ago.

well i guess we don't have any proof that they are.  I just know they're trying everything they can to get cloud in so i just assumed so

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 78 of 86 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 2, 2012

jamcakes wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

jamcakes wrote:

haha, is it bad that I didn't know who Ada Wong was? I had to google, when I think of Resident Evil I immediately think of Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield. Come on, at least Lara Croft stars in her own game. That comparison isn't even worth going into, it would just border on silly! ;D

Leon and Ada = PlayStation

Chris and Jill = Nintendo

I also know the character histories better than you.

Message 79 of 86 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 2, 2012
As long as Lara is in the game, I wouldn't care it was New or Classic her.( Same goes with Crash and Spyro )
Message 80 of 86 (60 Views)
0 Likes